FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Golden Sun DS!!!

ato784
Anyone looking forward to the third game? I know I am. the trailer for it looks promising.
love_her_freida_pinto
what the hell is this game about?
SunD3R
Golden Sun is a series of role-playing video games developed by Camelot Software Planning and produced by Nintendo. Exclamation Golden Sun follows the story of a group of magically-attuned "adepts" who are charged with preventing the potentially destructive power of alchemy from being released as it was in the past. It later focuses on the descendants of the original heroes. In this strain, Golden Sun follows the traditional RPG theme of wandering around and fighting.

The original series, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, were released in 2001 and 2003, respectively, for the Game Boy Advance platform. Following a six-year hiatus, Golden Sun DS was announced at the Nintendo E3 2009 conference on June 2, 2009, for release in 2010 for the Nintendo DS platform. In Golden Sun, the player plays as Isaac and his friends as they set off into the world of Weyard to prevent a group of anti-heroes from releasing alchemy to the world. Golden Sun: The Lost Age, however, follows the plight of the surviving members from the previous game's antagonists as they continue to pursue the release of alchemy into the world by means of lighting four elemental lighthouses. Golden Sun DS follows the path of the descendants of the previous two game's heroes.

Golden Sun has been widely lauded as among the best games for the Game Boy, with the first game receiving Nintendo Power's Best GBA Game of 2001 and ranking in IGN's Readers Choice Top 100 games ever. The Lost Age performed even better critically than its predecessor, ranking 78 on IGN's Readers Choice Top 100 games ever.

You should really play it. Razz
blk3
Is this version a port of the first two games or is it an entirely new one ? Im confused.
QrafTee
blk3 wrote:
Is this version a port of the first two games or is it an entirely new one ? Im confused.

It's supposed to be a sequel to the first two games.
ovg8
Its coming out next year but the date is still tba it seems pretty good if its a direct sequel.
ato784
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/50273.html

here is a link to the trailer, sorry for not posting it before Wink
eday2010
I haven't played the first two games, because I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. But regardless of that, I will probably play this game. From what I have read, the first two games are great.
QrafTee
eday2010 wrote:
I haven't played the first two games, because I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. But regardless of that, I will probably play this game. From what I have read, the first two games are great.
Oh they were indeed. Also the optional bosses were CRAZY hard and the way battles are set up with djinn... you have to switch them out as well as switch out characters at the right time or risk losing all your characters in one fell sweep.
driftingfe3s
I played the last Golden Sun game that was out, and to be honest. It didn't really leave a mark on me. I recall I enjoyed playing the game but it doesn't stand out like other games that I really liked. Haven't picked up my DS in a while, but maybe this game will help me take it out of retirement.
ato784
QrafTee wrote:
eday2010 wrote:
Oh they were indeed. Also the optional bosses were CRAZY hard and the way battles are set up with djinn... you have to switch them out as well as switch out characters at the right time or risk losing all your characters in one fell sweep.

I concur, I still have not beaten the optional bosses, even though I have trained for hours,well the harder one anyways. it is so crazy, but i imagine that i must be close to beating it.
ato784
The new one is coming out very soon! anyone preorder yet?

Edit:

I dont think I am going to, since no one in my area seems to know what the game is Confused

Edit: I don't think that it is going to come out any time soon. I did like the new trailer though.

Edit: It came out quicker than I thought that it would!
ato784
ato784 wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
eday2010 wrote:

I concur, I still have not beaten the optional bosses, even though I have trained for hours,well the harder one anyways. it is so crazy, but i imagine that i must be close to beating it.

I did beat them, I did not realize it, but I was missing some summons that were powerful, and when I got them, it was surprisingly easy. I did have fun doing it though, and can now say that I completely finished the game. It was fun, now to wait for the new one.
ato784
sorry for the double post:
I wonder when the official release date is... does anyone know? I have not heard anything more other than the story is about the children of the people from the original games. *Resisting urge to say spoilers* there are a few cool websites dedicated to the games, since they are so good.
ato784
yay! it is out!

Anyone start playing it yet?
ato784
I got it Sunday.

I was going to get it on opening day, but was stuck at school Confused .

not that it really matters anyway, since i am going to play through the originals, before i play the third one Razz .

I did not realize how sly Kraden was when i first played the games...

he really does trick the main characters to do what he says.
QrafTee
ato784 wrote:
yay! it is out!

I haven't played it yet... I don't know where my Nintendo DS Lite is.
ato784
QrafTee wrote:
ato784 wrote:
yay! it is out!

That is not good.

I hope you find it.

I just started playing it and it is very good. So far they have not messed up, as far as keeping their facts straight etc. And it is doing justice to the game.
wombatrpgs
It's games like these that make me wish I had a DS...
QrafTee
ato784 wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
ato784 wrote:
yay! it is out!

That is not good.

I hope you find it.

I just started playing it and it is very good. So far they have not messed up, as far as keeping their facts straight etc. And it is doing justice to the game.
You and me both. I'm fixing my girlfriend's brother's Nintendo DS Lite. If I can't I'll give him mine and pick up a Nintendo 3DS in March.
kentchui
what the hell are you talking about
wombatrpgs
kentchui wrote:

About finding a DS to play Golden Sun?
QrafTee
wombatrpgs wrote:
kentchui wrote:

About finding a DS to play Golden Sun?
So I played it after fixing his NDS Lite and... I want to play more, but I had to return it to him. :'( So I'm going to see if I can borrow a friend's NDS Lite because I want to finish the game! I just picked up the Water Adept, I finally have 4 people on my team! I should've said it wasn't fixed yet, d'oh!
ato784
I bought the game guide for it! now I have guides for both Very Happy Although it is not as important to get everything in this game as it was in the first golden sun, since you would be able to use your characters in the second game.

Remember having to have to put in a code to get them? I remember having to input it like 5 times before it worked, I really wished that I had a spare gba for that (since you could use a gba link instead)
wombatrpgs
ato784 wrote:
I bought the game guide for it! now I have guides for both Very Happy Although it is not as important to get everything in this game as it was in the first golden sun, since you would be able to use your characters in the second game.

Remember having to have to put in a code to get them? I remember having to input it like 5 times before it worked, I really wished that I had a spare gba for that (since you could use a gba link instead)

Ha, people still buy game guides? Hm, I guess it's nice to have something around if you like the game so much.

...it does seem gaming print media is going out with normal print media, though.
QrafTee
I am done with the game and the entire time I played the game something really bothered me... I'm dealing with all this sidetrack stuff... what about those black holes?! And then when I beat the game... credits roll... CLIFFHANGER. Oh goodness gracious. :'( That's SO mean--considering how many people waited for a Golden Sun sequel. I hope the next game is not for the 3DS (although Camelot has confirmed an untitled game for the Nintendo 3DS).