FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mission 9-10-09: UN Violation, UFO Crazytalk?

quex
Just came from here.

What the hell...? I understand the issues with the United Nations treaty, but then the author adds that the experiment may:
Quote:
"trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency) photos and documents regarding an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon."

I have heard the "thar's aliens on the moon" claim before, but never repeated by a source as dependable as the Examiner, and never with witness statements. Is anybody out there familiar with this vein of investigation? I'd like to hear how much attention it does (or doesn't) get.

That said, I am very curious to know if the impact on October 9th will be visible from Earth. Haven't found any definitive answer to that yet. -_-
Bikerman
LOL...
those claims have been comprehensively debunked and any site containing such claims should be treated with extreme suspicion when considering anything else it might have to say...
I suspect they are simply rehashing the claims of Richard Hoagland.

As for the impact - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105531303&ft=1&f=1026
Solon_Poledourus
I don't know. It wouldn't be an altogether bad idea for some aliens to set up shop on the dark side of the moon. It never faces Earth, and we have never been there, and it's close enough to watch us from. Even renowned physicist Michio Kaku suggested that it was one of the better places for such a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's little green guys on the moon, but it's really not that bad of an idea when you consider that we never even see an entire side of it.
Bikerman
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
I don't know. It wouldn't be an altogether bad idea for some aliens to set up shop on the dark side of the moon. It never faces Earth, and we have never been there, and it's close enough to watch us from. Even renowned physicist Michio Kaku suggested that it was one of the better places for such a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's little green guys on the moon, but it's really not that bad of an idea when you consider that we never even see an entire side of it.

Well, there have been numerous previous 'mapping' probes and the latest from NASA will produce resolution sufficient to spot houses, let alone cities. If there are aliens on the dark side then they had better be well camouflaged.
Solon_Poledourus
If they are any respectable sort of aliens, they would be well hidden. I need to take a break, I may not be back on here for some time. My head is really messed up right now...
quex
Bikerman wrote:
Well, there have been numerous previous 'mapping' probes and the latest from NASA will produce resolution sufficient to spot houses, let alone cities. If there are aliens on the dark side then they had better be well camouflaged.

That's part of the whole theory; that NASA (and other international agencies) have mapped alien structures on the surface of the moon and eliminated them from the images released to the public.

Here's some chatter (and images) on the topic.

I'm partial to the idea that the "blurs" everyone is looking at are elements of knitting the image together from raw data, rather than an obviously poor job of removing structures from the photographs...
quex
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
If they are any respectable sort of aliens, they would be well hidden. I need to take a break, I may not be back on here for some time. My head is really messed up right now...

Hey, you alright? Whatever's going on, take it easy...
Bikerman
Nah, to be honest I can't even be bothered to look. Heard and seen it all before. Same bunch of kooks that think there is a face on Mars.

I can imagine what they say without even going to the site - let's see if I have it right;

a) There is some large conspiracy (there always is) which, obviously, includes senior members of the scientific community as well as NASA technicians and other employees
b) There are photos in existence of some alien artefacts
c) These are either being hidden or have been doctored in some way to remove the artefacts
d) The authors of the site aren't fooled and despite the efforts of these same NASA conspirators to hide the evidence, the bunch of intrepid UFOlogists that run the site can make out the artefacts

Something along those lines?
Solon_Poledourus
Quote:
Hey, you alright? Whatever's going on, take it easy...
I am fine. No need to call the 'white jacket boys' just yet.
quex
Bikerman wrote:
Nah, to be honest I can't even be bothered to look. Heard and seen it all before. Same bunch of kooks that think there is a face on Mars.

I can imagine what they say without even going to the site - let's see if I have it right;

a) There is some large conspiracy (there always is) which, obviously, includes senior members of the scientific community as well as NASA technicians and other employees
b) There are photos in existence of some alien artefacts
c) These are either being hidden or have been doctored in some way to remove the artefacts
d) The authors of the site aren't fooled and despite the efforts of these same NASA conspirators to hide the evidence, the bunch of intrepid UFOlogists that run the site can make out the artefacts

Something along those lines?

Not really... actually, that's what caught me about this one. It sounds more like the lesser-used "nobody knows what the hell those things are, so they're trying to prevent panic" theme.

a) No claims of a "conspiracy" per the actual definition of the word. Claims that NASA technicians and senior scientists doctored things out of moon images, and that they are willing to talk about it. Also some Armstrong and Aldrin name-dropping. Basically, consideration that many persons close to the moon imaging and landing projects are seeing strange phenomenon on the dark side, either first-hand or on the returns of their images.
b and c) Photos from Smart1 and earlier probes show suspicious omissions, blurs, and missing data from the dark side of the moon. Some images not released to public view, cited for "inaccuracy".
d) Site authors and commentators examining the blurs and omissions, cross referencing them with other semi-complete photographic collections to examine why these areas are either difficult to image or censored by authorities. Theories include knitting problems, insufficient lighting, massive crystal formations, or shadow bends that might look enough like intelligent structures to either panic our government into removing them for fear of revealing alien life, or bemuse our scientists into erasing them for suspicion that such odd structures are likely ghosts of the imaging process and not truly present.

That's why this one got my attention... it's quieter than most, and staying juuuust short of loony.

artifacts
tennisniper
Yes, it's nutty, but without such people out there making bunk articles with bunk references to support some wack claim, then you debunkers would be pretty darn bored and would probably be out there learning something worthwhile with your time. Who wants that!
quex
tennisniper wrote:
Yes, it's nutty, but without such people out there making bunk articles with bunk references to support some wack claim, then you debunkers would be pretty darn bored and would probably be out there learning something worthwhile with your time. Who wants that!

All knowledge is worthwhile, whether it be about the factual world or the beliefs and goings-on of one's fellow man. The more you know about the loonies, the better you can protect yourself.

For example, if someone had sat me down and outlined the actual doctrine of the Catholic church when I was, say, 10 or 11, instead of bringing me to Jesus-loves-you-now-color-this-picture-and-have-a-sweet class every Sunday, I wouldn't have wasted my Sunday mornings in Mass and my Monday evenings in parochial education. I could have done, as you say, "something worthwhile" with my time... like study medicine or graduate a few years early.

/thought for all, belief for a few, and only temporarily ~Ailes Lea