FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

# Artistic Input #

RomainTR
It is such a big disappointment, as an artist wanted to post on dance to find any cultural or
artistic rubric.

So i thought using the search engine to scan topics about dance, theater, film making, independent artistic scene and I was surprised by the result. Yes there is a bunch of articles but there are lost in such rubric as General Topics or Lifestyle. There is maybe this rubric literature and
music but there are categorized in entertainment. Well I hope that music and literature are more than just entertaining

So my suggestion is not to create something new but reorganize things, having a highlight on Art and Culture. Where all amateurs, professionals and passionates can express and make visible their point of view, their work, their research about art. That people have the opportunity to exchange about what is the place of art and culture in the society now a days.
rvec
Yeah I agree on the point that too much stuff goes into the general chat, if you see anything that should be in a different forum (not only for general chat), just report it.

Quote:
Well I hope that music and literature are more than just entertaining

Well it could be a job for some people, but for most people literature, movies and dance are entertainment. The category could be renamed to entertainment, sports and culture though.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
Yeah I agree on the point that too much stuff goes into the general chat, if you see anything that should be in a different forum (not only for general chat), just report it.
Think it was suggested with the last comments on the modifications that the Chat forum could be listed more towards the bottom of the Forums, so that especially the new people could be motivated to work their way through, which may mean much less postings in the Chat forum. The Chat forum seems to be the first arrival forum when new people start postings, or people who have been away for a while start their first posts.

rvec wrote:
Well it could be a job for some people, but for most people literature, movies and dance are entertainment. The category could be renamed to entertainment, sports and culture though.
Agreed. Also, I have noted that these forums are not as frequently visited for postings as the remainder of the Forums, so possibly does not justify too much extra work to reorganize them.
rvec
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
Think it was suggested with the last comments on the modifications that the Chat forum could be listed more towards the bottom of the Forums, so that especially the new people could be motivated to work their way through, which may mean much less postings in the Chat forum. The Chat forum seems to be the first arrival forum when new people start postings, or people who have been away for a while start their first posts.
I do remember a suggestion like that, but I think some strict moderation once every while will also help (like this Razz)