FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rock/Metal VS Dance/Techno

Wich Do You Like?
Techno/Dance
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Rock/Metal
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Ccsteph22
Hey! I thought this would be kinda cool to you guys Smile
Anyway, vote on the poll on witch you like the best...
Then post/reply your favorite song of that kind!
It's ok if you don't know your favorites, just say a song ans say
if it's your favorite or a random pick, lol Cool
Afaceinthematrix
I'll have to choose rock/metal... although in reality I would rather have just chosen metal. That was an easy choice, given that I do not like dance/techno/hip hop/r&b/rap/etc. very much. My three favorite genres of music are metal, jazz, and classical. The reason being is I love complexity in music. I love things that take a lot of talent and that not many people can do. I also love music theory. I like music in different keys and such. I simply find it hard to place any rapper, techno artist, dance, etc. on the same level as a Louis Armstrong trumpet solo or a Dimebag Darryl guitar solo...

It's also too hard to just list my favorite song from rock/metal... There are so many great bands and songs... tens of thousands to choose from. I can break it down a little, though...

Some metal songs I like:

Cemetery Gates - Pantera
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Four Horsemen - Metallica
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Mother Earth Father Thunder - Bathory
Hallowed be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
etc....
Denvis
Out of the four I like rock the most but I detest metal, sorry to all you metal fans, I think it's crap. I chose techno/dance Cool
tingkagol
My love for metal waned when I got to college. But yeah, I still listen to rock alot - mostly indie & folk. I also love me some progressive a bit. As for electronica, I'm really a big deep/chillout house meathead. I abhor trance.

@ Afaceinthematrix:
I'm into modern classical a bit too. What classical artists do you listen to? Are you a fan of the piano / have you heard of Ludovico Einaudi?
kasper93
Metal of course Smile And MetallicA !!!!!
8166UY
Holland is the walhalla of dance and trance, so I'll go for that one. Very Happy
stel4e
Hheheheheehehe so far it's fifty fifty Smile That's after my vote Smile and it's perfect because I listen electronic and rock .. let's say equally Smile))
mattyj
It has to be rock and metal for one simple reason..its real music played by real people and not generated on a computer....

best rock EVER is AC/DC
best song by them is HARD AS A ROCK

Other good rock bands that i like : Black Sabbath, Queen, Jet, Pearl Jam, Motorhead
mattyj
Afaceinthematrix: Good choice with War Pigs...awesome song!
Afaceinthematrix
tingkagol wrote:
I'm into modern classical a bit too. What classical artists do you listen to? Are you a fan of the piano / have you heard of Ludovico Einaudi?

I haven't heard of Einaudi. But as far as piano playing goes, I do like Thelonious Monk and Scott Davis.

mattyj wrote:
Afaceinthematrix: Good choice with War Pigs...awesome song!

Now that I think about it, I should have chosen Mr. Crowley. While it wasn't a Black Sabbath song, I do think that Ozzy did well in his solo career with The Blizzard of Ozz (which I consider to be a musical masterpiece).
PleoMaster
well i like all of them really, well i dont like metal..

Ima big fan of dance musicc and some rock.
liljp617
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Now that I think about it, I should have chosen Mr. Crowley. While it wasn't a Black Sabbath song, I do think that Ozzy did well in his solo career with The Blizzard of Ozz (which I consider to be a musical masterpiece).

Random information time!! Smile

In Mr. Crowley, Ozzy got on Rhoads because Ozzy thought the first solo wasn't very good. Immediately after Ozzy made the comment, Rhoads walked into the studio and busted out the second solo.

After knowing this, the song became even more awesome than it was before....that second solo is incredible and I can just imagine Randy looking at Ozzy and being like "how do you like that one!?" lol
Insanity
Rock and metal for me... though I do enjoy trance and techno as a sort of guilty pleasure... I know I shouldn't like it, but for some reason I do. Same for a lot of the other pop songs that I listen to.