FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bandwidth limit reached

erlendhg
Hi.

I just noticed that I have got several automated emails complaining about my website reaching its bandwidth limit. I have also seen it some other months too, but this time the limit was actually reached before the end of the month for the very first time.

I am getting seriously worried. I think my website might be victim of some bots attacking (the forum, perhaps?), because I am not able to explain the enormous traffic in any other way.

The other thing is that I know that my Points are a bit low right now. I have had some troubles being sick, and have not had that much time to post on Frihost, unfortunately.

Things are better now, so I will very soon improve my activity on the forums, but until then, I ask sincerely that my website will not get suspended (at least not permanently, or in a way that could delete any contents) if that would be possible in any way.

Thanks,
Erlend
Bondings
I changed your points, so you don't have to worry about that.

About the bandwidth overage, I changed it to 30GB for this month to unsuspend your account.

However, the bandwidth usage is most likely due to your forum. I took a look at it and it seems to be overwhelmed by spammers. So please either remove the forum completely (database/files) OR remove all the spam and make new spam almost impossible by installing a better (non-default) captcha or a non-default register page and also monitor/moderate the forum and remove the new spam.
erlendhg
Thank you very much.

I haven't had much time checking my forum either, so I had not noticed the spamming. I actually have an anti-spam mod installed already, but now I have upgraded it, and made some changes to the settings. I hope that will do the job.

Again, thanks for your help and kindness.