FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Warning for when we are out of space on server

inphurno
Hi,

Today i was having trouble sending emails from my accounts that i setup on my hosting. After doing some tests and looking around I realized that I was way over the 250 MB limit for my account. So I went about deleting stuff here and there until i was back under the 250MB, once that was ok I had no problems sending emails. It may seem like a stupid request but why was there no warning message or email telling me i was over quota.

One thing I didn't understand was that in the Site Summary / Statistics / Logs page where it says Total Disk Usage it doesn't take into account the space your website files take just your email and db. I tried to update it after I made changes but that didn't change much. So for now on I will check using the file manager since it tells you all the space taken by all your folders which checks everything except your DB.

So would it be possible to send a provate message or email when you are out of space or near to be out of space?

Thanks in advance Very Happy
Bondings
It's DirectAdmin that does it and I don't think I can change it. I think it only sends an email for bandwidth.
inphurno
mm ok that's strange that DirectAdmin is setup like that but if this cant be changed then is there something i can do on my side to do something similar. To setup an alert that comes from my files something we could install?