FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mail() failing to send.

Aredon
Not sure if we're having another hiccup with server mail, but the mail functions all over my website (register/validation, account settings alert) have started spitting fail messages. People are unable to validate their accounts. I am still able to send and receive email through POP3/SMTP, but the mail() function appears to work/fail randomly. Yesterday when I was looking at the code and refreshing; it sent one email fine, and then failed over and over again after that. I'm really kind of perplexed as to what is going on. Up till now the various scripts that use mail() on my site have worked fine, and I've had no reason to recode any part of them.
eyemdee
I think you are right. I have just registered on this forum and got a .php mail send error after completing the registration page. No email arrived for me to validate the account so there must be a little problem somewhere.
Aredon
Well it was working again last night for a little while, but as of this morning it's failing again.
Bondings
I'm sorry for the problems. It should be working again now. Please check if it works.
Aredon
Seems to be working at the moment. I'll continue to run spot tests throughout the day... heck maybe I'll write a cronjob to do it every few hours if I get bored. If I may be nosey however, what was wrong?
Bondings
Aredon wrote:
Seems to be working at the moment. I'll continue to run spot tests throughout the day... heck maybe I'll write a cronjob to do it every few hours if I get bored. If I may be nosey however, what was wrong?

The /var partition on the server is rather small and gets filled easily. I already moved quite some stuff to other partitions but some directories give problems. And resizing partitions isn't easy for FreeBSD partitions.

Anyway, when the partition is full, programs that need it start to malfunction until I remove some stuff on it.
leontius
Hi, is this fixed yet? I just realised that my site stopped sending emails for a few weeks. (it works fine before)
Bondings
leontius wrote:
Hi, is this fixed yet? I just realised that my site stopped sending emails for a few weeks. (it works fine before)

It should be fine now. Pretty weird, anyone else having problems?
leontius
Sorry, some of my emails were sent to spam so I didn't see it... everything seems to work fine now. Thanks Bondings for the prompt reply Smile