FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Join the cloud with opera unite

Chinmoy
Opera has always been an innovative company in the browser market. Opera turbo revolutionized the web experience of people on slow connections, especially in places where the connection is shared between many computers, like at a cyber-cafe. But things did not end there. Opera strategically announced a secret release to build a buzz, which came out a few days ago. So what is all about the new Opera, I checked it out, the techarraz way.

Opera unite is an approach to get to the world of cloud computing using just a browser, the much speculated aspect. That way, we can enhance our web experience and connect to our cloud whenever we need to fetch data. The features on offer are interesting and the ones I liked are ::

1. File sharing :: Introducing the true concept of clouds of data, file sharing will make synchronizing data a matter of "switching through tabs". Put your data on the file sharing and access it anywhere on the fly. You can also share it to a group with the provided URL.
2. Media player :: Same as file sharing, listen to your songs remotely. Use your computer as a jukebox on the internet, with your own files and no limits.
3. Web Server :: Being a developer, things become much easier when we get packages integrated. The web server will attract a huge section of the developers society.
Read more :: http://www.techarraz.com/2009/06/18/join-the-cloud-with-opera-unite/
harismushtaq
I am using Opera browser as my browser of choice since the version 5 was there. I love it. More over, Opera adheres to W3C standards more closely than other browsers. Still its share in the market is less than 2%. Why is that ? It is as free as other browsers.

The big problem is that many websites, and those which have lots of visitors are optimised for IE and Firefox but not for Opera. The website developers go agains the standards to support other browsers and does not care how it looks like in Opera where as it is a good tool to know that your website looks good according to standards.

So the question is, what is lacking in Opera browser that is not letting it become famous ?
silverdown
I use to use Opera, now I use Firefox which is a lot better for me in my opinion. However it is a great browser.
Hogwarts
harismushtaq wrote:
So the question is, what is lacking in Opera browser that is not letting it become famous ?

What proportion of famous people are intelligent or intuitive?

I believe I can rest my case Sad
driftingfe3s
silverdown wrote:
I use to use Opera, now I use Firefox which is a lot better for me in my opinion. However it is a great browser.

It was the opposite for me. I was a Firefox user who switched over to Opera.
papa12inch
Thanks for the http://www.techarraz.com/2009/06/18/join-the-cloud-with-opera-unite/ Chinmoy, I will look into this cloud computing. I used to program a lot of parallel computing using MPI,MPL,HPF etc. To be honest cloud computing is an old technology with new buzz words!