FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

aravind_n20
I think 10 Kb avatar size limit is way too small. An average gif image of the size would come atleast 40 Kb. So please try to make it at least 40 Kb.

(Now, I wonder why Im using so much paranthesis while Im typing)......
tidruG
An average GIF of 100x100 is 40 kb? Shocked
Probably, you're talking about highly animated avatars. There has been a lot of discussion on this... we are not going to increase the avatar file size limit. My avatar is 4 kb, and it's 100x80 Very Happy

Please make sure your avatar is within the limits, even if it is an off-site avatar.

Thank you.
aravind_n20
I have some similar avatars nd Im using it on most other forums like: thinkdigit, oobertech.net etc.
I want to know whether I could use these gifs as avatar. They r almost 50 KB in size.
althalus
Filesizewise (funny word) I'm ok with 50k as I can handle it with my connection speed. If a lot of people have 50k for their avatar, 56k-users might cringe a bit, but not too badly I think.

However, I think the dimensions of the pic is too big. Half the size would be more fitting. But then, I'm not a fan of big avatars.. Maybe I'm too uptight, but that's my opinion. Smile
aravind_n20
See this image. Its only 64x64, but almost 14KB. So I think 10 KB limit is way too less. At least 20 would be preferrable.
Rafe
Upping it to 20 would be sufficient. any good graphic designer could go in photoshop or imageready (for animations) and minimize file size to below 20 or even 10.
babumuchhala
NO i vote against it.

Most of us in India have a Cable connection where the bandwidth is maybe 64 or 128 kbps and not more. If the person has a faster connection his bandwidth is capped to a riddiculos 1 GB per month.

So 10 KB is more than enough
smooky
good avaters her in the forum
Nameless
10kb should be enough. Highly animated avitars are REALLY ANNOYING for people like me with slow internet speed, and distracting from the posts.
babumuchhala
Bondings has increased it to 24 KB

This should be more thn enough for anyone & everyone.

Maybe bonding u could stop remote linking of avatars, so as to keep a tab on the size of avatars ppl have
linux1993
Good idea, I always want to upload high-pixel photo as my avatar. If the photo is very small, It will make me uncomfortable . A nice avatar will provoke me to use its service..