FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Red Steel 2 [Wii]

speeDemon
Hey guys!
Is anyone interested to buy Red Steel 2??
It uses Wii motion + too, and the sword handling in the game is truly magnificent.. you can actually see the player imitate your moves......
weableandbob
It looks a hell of a lot better than the first one. I'll probably get it if it doesn't end up sucking.
love_her_freida_pinto
I haven't played red steel yet. It sounds like an awesome game so maybe i should get it. Do you think i should get the first one first or just buy the second?
desonium
I even never heard about red steel Embarassed
LostOverThere
I'm really looking forward to it. The first one was riddled with awful controls, shotty graphics and over hype. From what we've seen of Red Steel 2, it looks like none of these gripes will return. The producer from Metroid Prime 3 has helped Ubisoft with the controls, the graphics look absolutely stunning and there seems little hype surrounding the title (which hopefully means it won't be considered "over rated").
driftingfe3s
The original Red Steel was kind of fun but the controls fro the sword sucked. I'm hoping that with the Wii motion plus it will be much better and realistic. THe game does also look much better from screen shots so far. Hopefully it will be an awesome game.
SunD3R
@love_her_freida_pinto
Quote:
Red Steel 2 is an upcoming first-person shooter video game in development by Ubisoft Paris for the Wii video game console. It is the sequel to Red Steel. The game will be released in the fourth quarter of 2009. An April press release from Ubisoft has revealed that the game's story will be set in "a desert-bound, high-tech metropolis." They also confirmed that the main character's name would be (The) Swordsman. Red Steel 2 is played in a first person perspective where players can alternate between shooting and sword fighting. Swordplay has been refined with the aid of Wii Motion Plus. Development of Red Steel 2 began in the summer of 2008. On July 28 of the same year; Red Steel 2 was confirmed to exist by Ubisoft executive director, Alain Corre.[3] It is also confirmed to use Nintendo's new accessory, Wii MotionPlus and will be included in a bundle.[4][5] In April 2009, Red Steel 2 was announced to have no multiplayer mode. Ubisoft addressed this by stating "...our focus is on creating a strong single player experience and taking full advantage of Wii Motion Plus. Adding multiplayer would detract from that focus."[6] Red Steel 2 features stylized, cel-shaded graphics, in contrast to its predecessor's more realistic aesthetic. Ubisoft commented that they will not likely include gore or bloodshed in the game, as they are aiming for an age rating of "T".

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Steel_2
[MOD - Edited to include quote tags and source - Bikerman]
speeDemon
SunD3R you should put that text in quotes if you have copied it from somewhere.. also name the source...