FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting married?

steve1200
Hey guys!

With a few friends of mine, we discussed about getting married in years. We came to the result, that especially under teenagers, most of them don't want to marry.

What's your opinion?
I want to marry, because I think it's the biggest promise, you can give to somebody and great way to show your trust in a girl, you absolutely love.
medesignz
depending on your beliefs getting married is either important or not important...

you can make a promise to be with each other without having to formalise it... dont you think that would be an even bigger promise after all?
Georgeboy
I would like to marry. Maybe because it is a part of the tradition, but also because you love the other person. I know that some people will say Ok, I love my partner too and we aren't married. But a marriage seems to be a special and once in a lifetime experience. It makes the connection between two persons stronger. Not of the paper that you will receive, but of the emotions.
mk12327
Marriage requires more than love and promise. It also requires determination, communication, and regular renewal of love.

Determination is needed so that both parties are able to go through everything together, regardless how tough the going is. It could be unemployment, a new addition to the family, in-laws problems, or an accident. An anyone without the determination would choose the easier way out of escape and the marriage would collapse.

Communication prevents misunderstandings. When two people live together, the chances of miscommunication gets higher and there is no way to "avoid" problems since you see each other everyday.

When two people are together for too long, they adapt and accept each other's personalities and lifestyles. Things become very natural and normal to both of you. Love if not renewed, it eventually becomes more of responsibility and habit.
kutekitten
I believe that marriage holds a greater commitment than any other promise, it requires both people to legally bound themselves together, and undoing that (even when it's becoming more accepted in society) is difficult and time consuming. It means more than the legal stuff though, it's truly promising that you will spend the rest of your life with that person, which means more than most people think. People constantly change, it's accepting that change and still loving the person that makes people married for decades and decades such an incredible thing to see Smile I think that to ask anything less than that is not to be compared to marriage. And to ask that and not to ask for marriage is foolish. Smile my personal opinion of course, I really don't want to offend anyone Razz
natilovesmike
well, when I was younger I didn't want to get married because I though it was just paperwork. But when I met my husband I realized that I did want to marry and celebrate our love with our family and friends. It is mainly just a contract, but we had a wedding totally design by us where we wrote everything that was to be said, it was not religious, but I think it was very spiritual.

I think in the past marriage formally bind you forever, but nowadays that is hard to say because divorce is so easy and it happens all the time.

So, you can still make that commitment without the ceremony, but making it public sends a different kind of message, that you are committed and want to share it with the rest of the world.

I have lots of friends (including my sister) who are not married but have kids and they all live together as if they were married. The main reason for not being married is that they don't have the money to pay for the wedding...but I think most of them would get married if they could afford it.
watersoul
There's good and bad with marriage, like most things in life.
If its your dream one day then good luck to you, but equally if its not.
I know some couples who've been happy together for decades without marrying, I also know married couples who've been miserable, staying together because they don't believe in divorce!

To anyone who considers marriage though, I would just suggest that you treat it with total seriousness and be absolutely true to your heart it's what you want.
To say "for better for worse" "til death us do part" is a solemn vow, and you only get to say it for the first time, once.
...2nd, and 3rd marriages after divorce seem slightly less believeable when vow's were broken the first time - how many times can you say "I'll be with you forever" and break that line before the words become meaningless?

...just my 2 pence worth Wink
c'tair
For me, there's nothing greater or more official than a promise. I also don't follow any religion or faith, so no marriage for me.

I try to keep my word, and that's why I seldom give promises, because it's tough to keep some of them. If I promised to love someone until death, I'd do everything to do so, but that's a huge decision to make. There are also factors, loopholes that could end this "love", even in such a simple statement.

Yes, I pay attention to details. Razz
todabeat
medesignz wrote:
depending on your beliefs getting married is either important or not important...

you can make a promise to be with each other without having to formalise it... dont you think that would be an even bigger promise after all?

i agree. in my situation my girl got pregnant and you know i do love her, and we live together and non of out families are religious so we never really talked about like a church wedding. but you know we did made it legal and if she tried to leave me ill take every cent because im keeping the baby, haha

no.. but really. it all depends on beliefs. i lived in the united states for about 8 years and i think its like a tradition to be scared of getting married, i dont know why but it is. its the whole thing about not being able to do what you want, well its not true. if you and your loved one are really connected and like the same stuff you can do a lot of things but now you will always have company.
todabeat
medesignz wrote:

i agree. in my situation my girl got pregnant and you know i do love her, and we live together and non of out families are religious so we never really talked about like a church wedding. but you know we did made it legal and if she tried to leave me ill take every cent because im keeping the baby, haha

no.. but really. it all depends on beliefs. i lived in the united states for about 8 years and i think its like a tradition to be scared of getting married, i dont know why but it is. its the whole thing about not being able to do what you want, well its not true. if you and your loved one are really connected and like the same stuff you can do a lot of things but now you will always have company.
babarus
i think that geting merry with someone is not a proof of trust and love....
is only one thing we, all, will do ........
macky
me too i want to be marry soon... i wanted to have my own family as well

as my own children...