FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opera Unite

brokenadvice
Wow, I just read about opera unite, and it looks pretty cool. Basically it makes your home computer a personal web server for your music, photos, and data--but through the browser instead of running some other software. I know I have left files at home and this will save an embarrassing trip back. It seems to not be too secure at the moment (no ssl), but I think they are working on that. You can download the beta with unite at http://unite.opera.com/
snowboardalliance
brokenadvice wrote:
Wow, I just read about opera unite, and it looks pretty cool. Basically it makes your home computer a personal web server for your music, photos, and data--but through the browser instead of running some other software. I know I have left files at home and this will save an embarrassing trip back. It seems to not be too secure at the moment (no ssl), but I think they are working on that. You can download the beta with unite at http://unite.opera.com/

Seems interesting. No replacement for the security of a properly configured linux box for personal server, but interesting nonetheless.
anakin_skyrunner
I like the music player most, file sharing seems useful as well. I hope more applications are made available soon - and hopefully they're less buggy than the current ones Razz But so far, it's a great feature.
Golmote
Yes, these new services are pretty good. But for the moment, with the Beta Version, it's a bit instable... (I can't connect anymore to "switch on" the services). Confused

Let's just wait for Opera 10 stable version Smile
Tuvitor
I get the feeling that this is a security disaster waiting to happen. :p
harismushtaq
I agree. We will have to be a bot too sure that it is safe. Does it allow access to the whole directory structure. How does it protect the access.

More over, how do you reach your computer, a subdomain over opera domain, do you need a static IP. Answers to these questions must be determined first.
awazdohamko2004
i just hate opera .. or any other browesr ... firefox is the best
rajpk
brokenadvice wrote:

yeah it is nice.and its look is so coooooooooooooollllllllllll.its feature are great.but it can be improved.new functionality will be added in near future

thanx for sharing.

keep sharing such a nise information ....thanx again
harismushtaq
awazdohamko2004 wrote:
i just hate opera .. or any other browesr ... firefox is the best

So why do you hate opera ? If you are a programmer, you can download firefox source code and you may find reasons to hare firefox too. The thing is that people at opera have worked hard to design this browser. It does not crash, it is faster and it has many good UI features.

Any way, the discussion was not related to browser only. Opera is becoming more a comprehensive communication suite and unite one step towards it. Note that Opera is has a download manager and it also supports bittorent.