FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone know of a free gallery script?

graystonscattery
I would love to have a gallery on my website...does anyone know of a good script that can be used in a copy and paste manner, using individual names of course for images.

Any assistance greatly appreciated Smile

Many thanks

Take care and all the best

Sue
Relentless
What type of gallery do you want?

You have the option of having a custom made one with a pop up effect or

a whole gallery system which you install to a specific directory?
graystonscattery
I would like to have a gallery with a range of photos that are moved by the mouse passing across so that each picture is brought forward from a small view to a larger one.

Does this make sense?

Sue
wadja-host
hey there well i aint tried this one but think its good use link to download

http://www.netexpress.net/~janrik/vt_temp/uploaden/Galleryv2_2.zip

be happy man
wadja-host
i think u really need flash cos with it u can make it so anyone the user mouses over pop up bigger or anyone the user click on stays

ok ?

pm me if thats what u need
noah
graystonscattery wrote:
I would like to have a gallery with a range of photos that are moved by the mouse passing across so that each picture is brought forward from a small view to a larger one.

Does this make sense?

Sue

I think what you may be looking for is lightbox plus some sort of CMS to run in the backend.

Have you checked http://php.opensourcecms.com/scripts/show.php?catid=7&cat=Image%20Galleries.

Also, most of the popular CMS's wordpress, joomla, drupal all have plugins. Have you looked into these as well?
wadja-host
wel just build an html website and use a flash gallery its better and more classic also well it has some disadvantages no good admin panel like other cms but cms dont give many features u would like

the choice is urs
riccopt
there are some DESKTOP software that you can use to build your galleries...
Arles Image Web Page Creator is one of my favorites (but it is free) - but it has a free trial... and once the trial is over you can start doing COPY AN PASTE as you want...
crossroads
Depending on what type you want, css, php, java, and so on there are many many different and free online photo galleries available for your use. A good way to know what you want is what type of effects you may want to be able to use in your photo gallery. Would you like to have it seem like a flash file or simple and fast loading. Or would you like to have it have a nice sliding animation on it or be interactive with the user. After you figure out that part you can move on to researching about how to get this done. Make sure you find out first if your hosting will allow that certain type of code so you dont spend all the time finding the script, customizing it, and working on it then not be able to use it. After you find that out just go to google and search for free resources. Good searches would be "Free Photo Gallery" "Free Photo Gallery Script" or be more detailed with your search if you know what type you want. For example if you want a css photo gallery just google "Free CSS Photo Gallery" You shouldnt have any problem finding a good one. The first links are normally the best ones. Good luck with your search I hope this helps you.