FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Viewing sql errors from phpMyAdmin

inphurno
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to ask this question but since it had to do with our hosting here I figured it should go here. I wanted to know if there was a tool or a set of logs where we can see all the mysql errors that we produce with our scripts. it seems like it should be some thing possible since we can see our apache errors but I can't find anything about this on the Internet or on our frihost forum. Please let me know if this is possible with our hosting and thanks in advance! Very Happy

Inp
rvec
There might be a mysql log, but I don't think users have access to that. Your best bet would probably be to add it to your software yourself.
cr3ativ3
Code:
... or die(mysql_error());
inphurno
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Code:
... or die(mysql_error());

this would show your sql error on your page and to the world not exacly the type info i would like to share with everyone. sometimes i think i have a too many connections errors but i'm not sure what is the query or queries that are causing this. in the phpinfo for server 2 http://frih.net/phpinfo.php there is this: mysql.max_links = Unlimited so i'm not sure if that means that we have an unlimited number of connections in total for the server of for each user ont he shared hosting.

also i read that you can change the maximum number of connections allowed in /etc/my.cnf by setting max_connections in the file but i'm guessing we dont have access to this Very Happy so does anyone know about this?

thanks in advance