FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can anyone suggest a good Website Designer Software

myviny
I have tried Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer and Adobe Dreamweaver. Isn't there any thing better?
angfrayle
The Coffeecup Visual Site Designer and Adobe Dreamweaver are WYSIWYGs; these control the way you create your website. There are better designers and are free. Try the text-based website designers: Komodo is free.
dude_xyx
You won't find anything better than Adobe Dreamweaver. There are plenty of commercial and free alternatives but can match the power of Adobe Dreamweaver. Maybe using a free Web Design alternative might save the money you would have spend for a commercial software.
harismushtaq
If you use windows and you have MS office license than you may also have MS frontpage. It is also a good simple editor to design wensites.
papa12inch
I use Microsoft Expression Web, has support for XHTML, PHP, ASP.NET comes with inbuilt webserver for quick testing. Money's worth at least I think so.
Jean-Clod
MS Frontpage is great, I also tested Nvu, it's free (linux rules, it's powerful, it's just great, give it a try (http://net2.com/nvu/) , and the fork "Kompozer", now Composer, and the evolution BlueGriffon (http://www.bluegriffon.org/)

Try Nvu, it's free, and it's even better than some WYSIWYG (dreamweaver i.e.)
ptpmonitor
I tried only Microsoft Frontpage yet now. Now, from here I learn about Comodo and Adobe Dream weaver. I will try these both.

By the way, you can try web based designer too like joomla.
arnaw_kumar
Try Artisteer. It is just amazing. You can work on wordpress, joomla and other builds. Try it. Nothing gets better than this.
Beny
Fronpage.

- Beny
cyeborg
Well if you are a newbie and trying to get start in web designing. The my advise to you will be to start from HTML and Notepad. Once you learn then you can move to using these tools as dreamweaver, Photoshop and others like it.
bigt
cyeborg wrote:
Well if you are a newbie and trying to get start in web designing. The my advise to you will be to start from HTML and Notepad. Once you learn then you can move to using these tools as dreamweaver, Photoshop and others like it.

Exactly! I still use a text editor, but I guess that's b/c I haven't ever really gone far into web programming/designing. Notepad++ is a great editor BTW.

Interesting thread. I'm going to try some of the WYSIWYG tools in the near future.
harismushtaq
Designing a website from scratch is really a work of designer. It is not easy to put together colors and graphics in a way that it looks good. So for a person who just want to put up his or her website and does not want to hire a designer, I would suggest to use some template.

There are lots of free and really good looking templates available on the internet.
angfrayle
I describe it here: Beerwin's Plain HTML
curtis5000
I will suggest you use Web Page Maker 3.12....it is the one i am using presently....& i am classifying it as 1 of the best web page builders...but if you need web editor...i will recomend kompozer..give them a try.
Ryox
This is one that I can suggest to you.

It's free but you can't look at the previews, you have to copy and paste the html into the notepad and look that way after your done designing the webpage.

Bluevoda Website Builder <3
Alaskacameradude
I use Rapidweaver with the BlocksBox plug in. It is as easy as it gets and totally WYSIWYG. I
tried Dreamweaver before and didn't like it, but that's of course a matter of preference. My
current site is built totally using Rapidweaver:
www.gforcevideo.frih.net
airh3ad
I used Macromedia dream weaver mx 2004 its good and im satisfy with the result and easy to used.
Chinmoy
dreamweaver for beginners, visual studio express edition also works..