FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is it multiple domain hosting ?

muzikeye
can I host multiple domain ?
I have 2 domain to host
One mine personal and 2nd for production company
kindly help me
truespeed
You can add as many domains as you want,remembering of course that you have a 250mb space limit and 10gb bandwidth a month limit,this isn't the amount you get per domain,but covers all your domains combined.
muzikeye
your premium hosting have also multiple domain hosting ?
rvec
as truespeed said, you can host as many domains on your account as you want. You just can't get more accounts than one and you can only get one frihost subdomain (and as many sub-sub domains as you want).

There isn't a premium package, there's just one package.
zbale
Sorry if my question sounds dumb, it is basically the same as above with an example:

I created some time ago whatever.frih.org

I now wanted to create another website and created anothername.frih.org with the "Add another domain" function (which DirectAdmin let me do, incidentally).

Should I understand from the discussion above that this was a mistake, and that I should delete the newly created domain and create a subdomain of the first one, for instance sub.whatever.frih.org instead?

The second question is: if I intend to buy 2 domain names at a registrar, is it possible to use them with two areas of my one Frihost account? Can it work, say, with sub1.whatever.frih.org on the one hand and sub2.whatever.frih.org on the other?

Thank you very much for your help.
Bondings
zbale wrote:
Sorry if my question sounds dumb, it is basically the same as above with an example:

I created some time ago whatever.frih.org

I now wanted to create another website and created anothername.frih.org with the "Add another domain" function (which DirectAdmin let me do, incidentally).

Should I understand from the discussion above that this was a mistake, and that I should delete the newly created domain and create a subdomain of the first one, for instance sub.whatever.frih.org instead?

The second question is: if I intend to buy 2 domain names at a registrar, is it possible to use them with two areas of my one Frihost account? Can it work, say, with sub1.whatever.frih.org on the one hand and sub2.whatever.frih.org on the other?

Thank you very much for your help.

The second subdomain anothername.frih.org isn't allowed. However the sub.whatever.frih.org and sub2 are allowed.

If you register one or more domains at the registrar, then you can simply add them with the "Add another domain" function and it should work fine. (you do need to point the nameserver to ours, in your case/server it is ns1.frih.org and ns2.frih.org)
zbale
Thanks, it's much clearer now, I'll make the necessary change asap.
zbale
Just to make things clear (sorry if I'm a bit slow):

Domains bought at a registrar can simply be "added" to our account (provided we point the nameservers correctly) where they will be hosted and used just like our whatever.frih.org domain -- it is therefore not necessary (and useless) to create sub-subdomains now and build a website on them if our intention is to have the website on a domain name obtained at a registrar? (that is, unless we first want to try building our website(s) on our free frih (sub)subdomain and then buy a different domain, add that domain to our account and move the website there?).

Until now, I thought that "adding" a bought domain meant giving to an existing (sub.)subdomain.frih.org the name of the bought domain, but should I understand that this was a wrong assumption and that in fact one does not need to use the subdomain.frih.org at all, though it remains available, and that having one account at frih means being able to host domains there, one of them being the domain created at the time the account was created?
Bondings
zbale wrote:
Just to make things clear (sorry if I'm a bit slow):

Domains bought at a registrar can simply be "added" to our account (provided we point the nameservers correctly) where they will be hosted and used just like our whatever.frih.org domain -- it is therefore not necessary (and useless) to create sub-subdomains now and build a website on them if our intention is to have the website on a domain name obtained at a registrar? (that is, unless we first want to try building our website(s) on our free frih (sub)subdomain and then buy a different domain, add that domain to our account and move the website there?).

Until now, I thought that "adding" a bought domain meant giving to an existing (sub.)subdomain.frih.org the name of the bought domain, but should I understand that this was a wrong assumption and that in fact one does not need to use the subdomain.frih.org at all, though it remains available, and that having one account at frih means being able to host domains there, one of them being the domain created at the time the account was created?

You indeed do not have to use a subdomain in order to use a domain. Simply adding the domain to your account will work fine. It will be added just like domains and subdomains, it is with a folder structure domains/<domain-name>/public_html/ .
zbale
Got it, thank you very much.
zbale
Another question yet:

Suppose that I bought whatever.com at a registrar and successfully (so it seems) added it to my control panel; and suppose that I now want to create website.whatever.com; is it enough to use the "Add subdomain" function from the control panel or must I first create the subdomain from the registrar's control panel?

More generally, once I've pointed the nameservers to frihost at the registrar, are there any procedures for which I will need to go back to the registrar cp (apart from renewing the domain name when time comes)?

Thank you.
Bondings
zbale wrote:
Another question yet:

Suppose that I bought whatever.com at a registrar and successfully (so it seems) added it to my control panel; and suppose that I now want to create website.whatever.com; is it enough to use the "Add subdomain" function from the control panel or must I first create the subdomain from the registrar's control panel?

More generally, once I've pointed the nameservers to frihost at the registrar, are there any procedures for which I will need to go back to the registrar cp (apart from renewing the domain name when time comes)?

Thank you.

Once you pointed the nameserver to our server, there is no need to do anything at the registrar. You only need to add the subdomain in DirectAdmin and it should work almost immediately. By the way, a better option might be to create the subdomain just like you created the domain. In that case it will also have a structure domains/<(sub)domain>/public_html and separate (if needed) email accounts.
zbale
Ok, thank you very much.
Chinmoy
your web-server already has shared domains hosted. You can also add more than one domain to your site.
hamza1122
Yeah, the reason why this is the best webhost is because you have unlimited addon domains. cool huh. So yes you can add two if you want.