FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is this is cool???

jossylala
hello all, i would like to to check this site out and join it. it www.facememate.com . its a site for you people/college students to meet and have fun together. we are working on creating more features but for the main time, you have to do with this. enjoy!!!!
Ghost Rider103
It's not too bad. I personally dislike the color theme that you have going on. That is really a personal preference thing, but I don't see many people interested in the color theme you have going on. I suggest changing it to something that is a little more commonly liked.

I also suggest making the website look a little bit more modern (or "web 2.0"). Right now the design part of it seems too plain.

I think your going for a clean look, and you have a good start, but it just looks out dated.

But none the less it's still good.

I didn't take the time to sign up, but I am getting the feeling this is like a MySpace type website? If so I wish you the best of luck. It's going to take a lot of hard work and dedication to compete with your competitors like MySpace, Facebook, Meebo, etc.
Asap170
Nice job! Had to take awhile to make it and add everything.
jossylala
ok thanks, i have changed the picture, what do you think of the new look?
Ghost Rider103
Better. These colors are a big improvement from the last.

Good job.
jossylala
thanks. please could you signup and tell your friends about the site cos its for youth and only youths. i would soon put an age restriction of 39 bellow are only allowed to join.
Ghost Rider103
I see you have changed it again and fixed a few repeating problems.

I like this red much better than the orange, and I also like this navigation bar much better. One other thing I must suggest changing, is get rid of the Page Rank at the top of the page. It's way out of place and it just doesn't belong there. I also doubt your community there really care much about what PR your website has. Actually, they probably don't even know what it is.

If you remove it, I think your home page will look much cleaner.

I'll register some other day if I ever get the time.

Good job.
nivinjoy
The site is looking nice and the way you have made is nice..!! But i would suggest to have a decrease in the brightness of this color used in the site...!!!

That would make your site look cool...!!
jossylala
ok thanks mate but i have completely removed the purple design back to the red. which everyone prefer. what do you think now @ nivinjoy?
nivinjoy
jossylala wrote:
ok thanks mate but i have completely removed the purple design back to the red. which everyone prefer. what do you think now @ nivinjoy?

Yep mann..Now the site looks better with the red color...!! Anyway thanks buddy for valuing my comment...!! Wish you and your site all the best...!!
Ghost Rider103
Looks much cleaner after removing the Google Page Rank checker at the top.

Maybe you should change your banner? It doesn't seem to really fit the rest of the website. The current banner is of a Grunge style, yet the rest of the website is clean and simple looking. Try getting a banner that has more white space in it to even everything out.

The color just seems to strong on the top, and doesn't match the rest of the website.

Hope that made sense to you. If not just let me know.
snowboardalliance
What are the advantages of your site? It looks like a watered down Facebook clone. Why should I sign up? (Not trying to be rude, but you need to be able to answer that to get people to sign up)
noah
snowboardalliance wrote:
What are the advantages of your site? It looks like a watered down Facebook clone. Why should I sign up? (Not trying to be rude, but you need to be able to answer that to get people to sign up)

I agree with this comment as well.

maybe select a niche that you can dominate.

Poor people with cats for example.

Or People in Rural Areas that want to cut off their arms.
jossylala
unlike facebook and the rest, my site is basically for your people,people we can call youths. though there i have not but a restriction on the registration page, we manually deletes old aged people. thats why is facememate*students are our primary targets*. secondly, am thinking of giving out free sms later on. facebook have sms application but its not free, wadja that use to offer sure feature has stop offering free sms, so i noticed that youths need free stuff,thats why am working on it.

@my friends watchout for the design, i think you gonna love the site now just check it out. www.facememate.com
adri
There is already a site that focuses at the youth: [url]netlog.com[/url]. Wink

And you have to do what Netlog does: Make a hip, young and trendy lay-out...

PS: Your lay-out is a little buggy in Firefox 3. Confused

Adri
snowboardalliance
jossylala wrote:
unlike facebook and the rest, my site is basically for your people,people we can call youths. though there i have not but a restriction on the registration page, we manually deletes old aged people. thats why is facememate*students are our primary targets*. secondly, am thinking of giving out free sms later on. facebook have sms application but its not free, wadja that use to offer sure feature has stop offering free sms, so i noticed that youths need free stuff,thats why am working on it.

@my friends watchout for the design, i think you gonna love the site now just check it out. www.facememate.com

Are you talking about the pre-high school crowd? Facebook is primarily used by people in College, then some in high school or just graduated from college and some that are older. So you could fit the young 13-18 audience I suppose (under 13 you can't collect information legally) but I don't see why your site is even catered to those ages any better than current social networking.

Also, Facebook SMS is free, only standard rates apply and you can't avoid that. By standard rates I mean it is free if you have unlimited texting or you stay within your limits. Maybe I'm wrong if you are outside of the U.S.. Even if it is not free outside of the U.S., you could be WAY more successful with this if you just made a Facebook App for free SMS in your country.

I guess IMO you're better off interfacing with existing social networking or you are going to have a site with just your friends, few of whom will use it just to talk to each other when they have other ways to reach way more people.

Sorry to be harsh, I just don't see it working. Good luck.
Ghost Rider103
The new design is still top-heavy.

It is an improvement, but the banner is just not cutting it. It's way too strong. It looks unbalanced with the rest of the website. But it is somewhat of an improvement. Good job.

I do kind of disagree of the age thing. It is actually the main reason I decided not to sign up. What is going to happen when I am older? I am going to have to shut my account down and loose all of my friends on there?

Just doesn't make much sense to me. Also, if you target all ages, I think you will have more success easier. Targeting all ages extends the amount of people possible on your website.

But it is your website, and I am sure it is possible to prove me wrong.

So good luck.
jossylala
hey thanks, i have removed the banner and done some little changes there. And after considering what you told me along side my friends advise, i have decided to make the site a general thing. Unlike what people says that am copying facebook, am trying to build a thing of my own and to tell you the fact, facememate is coming up with things facebook dont have and they ones the have that is not free like sms, facememate would make it free.
jossylala
@ snow, the fact that facebook exist doesnt mean that there are no other social networks out there. there are thousands of other networks out there. so mine is just one of them. and about the network being for my friends only, i want you to check that site and tell me how many blacks you see there cos am one. you see, those there are people i dont even know and dont know about me too. so mate, its all about faith man...
jossylala
hello all, someone approach me and said that the domain name is catchy and that i should sell him the site which i have done. so, am no longer the owner....Thanks for the the support.
adri
I hope you made some profit. Razz

Adri