FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Electronics as a Hobby:

purob
From the year 2000 I started to work with various electronics projects like radio transmitters, audio amplifiers, sound processing kits, digital logic circuits, microprocessor based device, etc. But that time I had very poor knowledge about it. After I increased my knowledge it became a serious hobby to me. I like songs very much and like to sing. When I entered to voice conference at any chat, I tried to use a voice effect with my microphone to surprise my friends. I simply use an ECHO and Delay attaching device. Recently I build a single chip circuit for Echo & Delay. At the same times I am working with High watt long range FM transmitters and trying to get permission from our “Tele Regularity Commission”.
Friends, if you are interested about this hobby or any other electronics project, I will add my projects here.
ocalhoun
I like it better as a job, not a hobby. Then, somebody else pays for it when I need a $35,000 replacement part. ^.^
Chinmoy
well totally depends on you level of knowledge on it. I am a software guy. To some people it is better as a job, out me it is fun. Once you start making jobs out of your interest, you lose interest in the job dude!
ocalhoun
Chinmoy wrote:
well totally depends on you level of knowledge on it. I am a software guy. To some people it is better as a job, out me it is fun. Once you start making jobs out of your interest, you lose interest in the job dude!

True, but your average hobbyist doesn't get to do this:

Or this:
betaboy
so do i,I like electtricity
SonLight
purob, I definitely think some of us would enjoy knowing more about your projects. I am interested in ham radio, although not enough to go through the process of getting a transmitter and license.

Today, electronics projects can combine simple circuits with computer processing logic, leading to all kinds of totally unexpected capabilities. I believe that the individual hobbyist is still the source of a great deal of technological advance.

I hope you are successful in getting licensed to use your radio transmitter. If it is able to send a message halfway around the world, maybe I will try to listen to it. Of course it's much easier to send messages using the internel, but a lot more fun to use something you built yourself.
purob
Job and hobby totally different thing. But you can help us more from your job experience and knowledge.

Wel, here I added an Audio project for attaching Echo with microphone. If you can modify a mic mixer circuit, you can easyly use this circuit with your microphone.
This is a single Chip circuit and very easy. Here I used PT2399 IC.
Quote:

PT2399 is an echo audio processor IC utilizing CMOS Technology which is equipped with ADC and DAC, high sampling frequency and an internal memory of 44K Digital processing is used to generate the delay time, it also features an internal VCO circuit in the system clock, thereby, making the frequency easily adjustable. Very low distortion (THD<0.5%) and very low noise (No<-90dBV).

Circuit Diagram:

In this circuit you have to use reguleted 5 volt. The analog ground and digital ground may be common. So you can short pin 3 and 4.

[MOD - please use quote tags and cite your source when using third party material - Bikerman]
SonLight
Thanks. That apparently comes from the IC data sheet at www.datasheetcatalog.com . There is a more complete data sheet available from www.princeton.com.tw , but the diagram for the echo application is not quite as easy to read.

Did you find it easy to build? How did the echo circuit work and how well could you control it?
jwellsy
I/O controllers are very cool. I would like to build a programmable Christmas light controller.
sigT
purob, I'm also interested in audio electronics. My sole interest so far has been analog sound synthesizers like Theremin or those made by Moog. It hasn't become a fully qualified hobby yet. I'm still playing with a curcuit simulation program and haven't really soldered anything.

I'd really want to start practising with hardware. I like analog electronics. I enjoy thinking about it. However, my job is concerned with software that is very far from either sound or analog computations!
atul2242
I like playing with equipment. Both audio and video. Since I run a video post outfit I have lots of things lying around. Some which are useless I dismantle and learn from. And though dont have much knowledge can figure out whats wrong and repair loose connections etc.... Its a combo of hobby and some professional income.
ponda
From the year 2000 I started to work with various electronics projects like radio transmitters, audio amplifiers, sound processing kits, digital logic circuits, microprocessor based device, etc. But that time I had very poor knowledge about it. After I increased my knowledge it became a serious hobby to me. I like songs very much and like to sing. When I entered to voice conference at any chat, I tried to use a voice effect with my microphone to surprise my friends. I simply use an ECHO and Delay attaching device. Recently I build a single chip circuit for Echo & Delay. At the same times I am working with High watt long range FM transmitters and trying to get permission from our “Tele Regularity Commission”.
Friends, if you are interested about this hobby or any other electronics project, I will add my projects here.
---------------------------------------------
maybe as a job
chatrack
purob wrote:
I am working with High watt long range FM transmitters and trying to get permission from our “Tele Regularity Commission”.

If you are interested in getting permission for working long range radio communication, you should appear for ASOC Examination (Ameture Radio Station Operator Certificate) , in some exam centers.

You will need to study Morse code and should know communication theory. You can contact
near by HAM Clubs and get more help.