FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Supplements

jwellsy
I would like to hear about what kind of supplements people take, and why.

I take:
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium hush mixed in with breakfast to get lots of fiber without calories.
- 1 Glucosamine/Chondroitin tab to help my joints and back pains (1500/1200mg).
- 1 Flaxseed oil cap (1300mg) to keep my skin from drying out and itching.

I hear a lot sources recommend Omega3 fatty acid daily. I tried it but could not see any discernable benefit. If I stop any of the above supplements, within a few days I can quantifiably notice an effect from it's absense. Does Omega 3 work on some other undetecible level or faith based effect?
loyal
jwellsy wrote:
I would like to hear about what kind of supplements people take, and why.

I take:
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium hush mixed in with breakfast to get lots of fiber without calories.
- 1 Glucosamine/Chondroitin tab to help my joints and back pains (1500/1200mg).
- 1 Flaxseed oil cap (1300mg) to keep my skin from drying out and itching.

I hear a lot sources recommend Omega3 fatty acid daily. I tried it but could not see any discernable benefit. If I stop any of the above supplements, within a few days I can quantifiably notice an effect from it's absense. Does Omega 3 work on some other undetecible level or faith based effect?

Omega 3 has proven (i think?) effect on reducing the joints cracking thing when you get older.

I take a protein shake everyday. It's useful since i engage in going to the gym and do strength training.

I also have a multi-vitamin pill incase i miss any vitamins. But my biology teacher (who trained to be a doctor for a year or two) said that probably wasn't healthy. He says the body/liver isn't designed to absorb high concentrations of vitamins, especially two or three times the RDA. So i'll probably stop when my exams are over.
jwellsy
I am getting old already Confused

I love protein. I use a 110 calorie 3 carbs and 17 grams of protein drink by EAS as a meal replacement (6 small meals a day). http://eas.com/Products/DailyNutrition The high protein keeps me full till my next meal.

Multi-vitamins burn me up. My core temp seems to increase drasticly and I sweat all night long when I take multi-vitamins. I've tried at least 6 different brands and they all do that to me. That's why I try to stay with specific supplements until I can figure out which ingrediant in multi-vitamins it is that I don't like.