FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.engford.com

Cliffer
it's from china,but it's for english speaking people all over the world.hope you join and enjoy!

www.engford.com
Cliffer
any one give me some suggest about my site please?
Cliffer
hope any of you join my site!!
JessieF
The general idea seems interesting, and I love the currency converter. However, the template is a little messy. I think you should only show 5 recent comments and remove the three images (the create new account image and the fruity image beneath it, and the image beneath the fruity image with the site name). Those images just add clutter to the page, and clutter scares some people away. The links with those images aren't necessary. If someone wants to join, there are plenty of other register links on the page that aren't hard to find. Wink
Cliffer
JessieF wrote:
The general idea seems interesting, and I love the currency converter. However, the template is a little messy. I think you should only show 5 recent comments and remove the three images (the create new account image and the fruity image beneath it, and the image beneath the fruity image with the site name). Those images just add clutter to the page, and clutter scares some people away. The links with those images aren't necessary. If someone wants to join, there are plenty of other register links on the page that aren't hard to find. Wink

thank you! i think you are right,but i asked sb about your ideas,they like those images,and they said they are making the page colorful and lighten thier eyes......so,i still keep them there.
Cliffer
any other advice?
Ghost Rider103
Nice looking website, I like the use of colors here.

You seem to have a few banners on your website that say ENGFORD. That is not really necessary as you have your logo on the very top banner. So the other banners should be removed. They are taking up space and that is pointless as it is not needed. If you remove them, your website will look a little more clean in the content area.

Good luck with your website!
GB
You don't have a consistent branding for your website which is troublesome. Like Ghost Rider said, you have 3 different banners saying "Engford.com" and none of them are consistent. Its almost as if you made all three and couldn't decide which one to use, so you put them all in there. This is not a good idea because it creates confusion among your users as to which logo is the "real" engford.com. I'd decide on one of them and stick with it.

The top green, leafy banner at the top is nice looking. I love the band going across it that contains the navigation.

What is the fruit all about? This makes no sense to me as I can't figure out what it has to do with speaking English.

Your text also needs help. "Welcome to this website." This can just be deleted. Instead, I'd include some nice thought out text that clearly answers the question, "What is this website about?" I'd also pull the recent posts and forum topics out of the sidebar and place them in the main text flow. You want to give users a reason as to why they should join. This is extremely important for people who don't know what your website is.

Good luck with your project!
Cliffer
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Nice looking website, I like the use of colors here.

You seem to have a few banners on your website that say ENGFORD. That is not really necessary as you have your logo on the very top banner. So the other banners should be removed. They are taking up space and that is pointless as it is not needed. If you remove them, your website will look a little more clean in the content area.

Good luck with your website!

thanks for your advice! i think you said sth right!
Cliffer
GB wrote:
You don't have a consistent branding for your website which is troublesome. Like Ghost Rider said, you have 3 different banners saying "Engford.com" and none of them are consistent. Its almost as if you made all three and couldn't decide which one to use, so you put them all in there. This is not a good idea because it creates confusion among your users as to which logo is the "real" engford.com. I'd decide on one of them and stick with it.

The top green, leafy banner at the top is nice looking. I love the band going across it that contains the navigation.

What is the fruit all about? This makes no sense to me as I can't figure out what it has to do with speaking English.

Your text also needs help. "Welcome to this website." This can just be deleted. Instead, I'd include some nice thought out text that clearly answers the question, "What is this website about?" I'd also pull the recent posts and forum topics out of the sidebar and place them in the main text flow. You want to give users a reason as to why they should join. This is extremely important for people who don't know what your website is.

Good luck with your project!

thanks for your advice too! i will consider it again,but i haven't much time now to change the layout of my side.it needs change the program and database if change the place of recent posts and forum topics out of the sidebar... i will redesign my site if got more time.