FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

rain drops

Cliffer
any one knows how to shoot at rainning drop? not large scene,it's better to show one drop within many drops downward from the sky.
ocalhoun
You can try moving the camera to keep it pointed at one drop while you shoot; I've heard of that used for waterfalls. Of course, you can't aim at a particular drop, but you can move it downwards at the same rate as the rain and hope to get lucky.

Also, you might use a camera with a very fast shutter speed.

And the #1 rule that will help you everywhere: take lots and lots of pictures, never just one. If you throw away 50 and get one really good one, then you've still succeeded. If you take enough pictures, you're bound to get lucky sooner or later, even on very tricky shots.
Cliffer
thank you ocalhoun! i shot waterfall before and got water drops.and i can get rain drops when it raining down.i didn't follow only one drop,i focused on the area of drops down and try to catch a drop from many drops. note,this one drop is not same one everytime. but very hard,and more very hard to seperate it from so many drops,is there any way to make the one drop clear and others left blur,and keep background normal?
ocalhoun
And keep the background normal? Not that I know of. But, you may be able to capture one drop while blurring the others if you use the macro mode on the camera, and make sure that it is close to the drops.
Cliffer
ocalhoun wrote:
And keep the background normal? Not that I know of. But, you may be able to capture one drop while blurring the others if you use the macro mode on the camera, and make sure that it is close to the drops.

i'm still trying... anyway,thank you guy!
Kashinilaya
souds like a good technique! I'll try myself too.
dickyzin
Anyone got a shot of a rain drop they want to share with us here?