FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Spartan
I recently made a thread about KotOR (Knights of the Old Republic), so you might have noticed that I played it recently and absolutely loved it. It's one of the top games on my list. Anyways, there's KotOR 1, 2, but no 3. Instead of 3, The Old Republic is being made.

The Old Republic is a Star Wars MMORPG being made by Bioware (who made KotOR 1). It seems, really, really good judging from the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w

It's coming out for PC, but POSSIBLY even a console release (which I'm really hoping will happen). Watch this video too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWttefNQDc&feature=fvst.

I can't wait for more information! What do you guys think?
Ankhanu
I think you should not expect anything resembling KotOR I/II out of The Old Republic. It's going to be a completely different game experience than those games.
weableandbob
I agree that it looks awesome, although I'm hoping the monthly fee isn't as high as WoW's (preferably none at all =P)
driftingfe3s
The trailer looks gorgeous, but I don't think that should be used as any indicator of what actual game play will be like. Screen-shots from the game looks way less intense than the trailer.

I was a fan of the KotOR games but I not a fan of MMORPG style games so I probably won't be getting this game.
blk3
Is this game gonna be free to play or do you have to play for a subscription to play?
Starrfoxx
It'll be subscription, I'm sure. I'm also thinking it might seriously hurt the population of Star Wars Galaxies, because it's the only MMORPG for Star Wars at the moment. And Sony has changed that game so much that most of the original players have left. It still does okay, but I think Old Republic will really do some damage to SWG.

And I'm guessing the monthly price will be $15 or something close. Isn't that what WoW is? It's a pretty standard price between all the MMORPGs.
Tuvitor
NGE made Star Wars Galaxies irrelevant. The Old Republic looks awesome, however. I love KotOR, and I love MMO's, so to me this is a fanboy dream come true. :p
Starrfoxx
Just in case anyone has an inactive SWG account, I recently received an email that all accounts will be reactivated from June 23 to July 23 to celebrate the 6th year anniversary of SWG. The timing is pretty good, because I've been playing City of Heroes for the past month and was turning it off in a few days. I only activate my MMORPG's one month at a time, because I tend to get bored of it and need a break.

It'll be nice to play around in the Star Wars Universe again. I don't worry about all the changes they did. I just play and have fun.
Ankhanu
I was watching some of the dev videos and trailers the other day for this game... and damn it looks pretty sweet.

Still having difficulties reconciling the MMO fact though. Chances are I'll never play the game as a result.
Spartan
Ankhanu wrote:
I was watching some of the dev videos and trailers the other day for this game... and damn it looks pretty sweet.

Still having difficulties reconciling the MMO fact though. Chances are I'll never play the game as a result.

Why not? Not even if it's free of charge (as in after you buy it, even though this probably isn't true)? Sad
Vladalf
In my oppinion it sure looks like any commercial mmorpg. Not much innovation or anything but certainly alot of polish. I'll probably check it out on Youtube and on it's wiki after it's released but I'm not planning to play it.
Vlad
Ankhanu
Spartan wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Why not? Not even if it's free of charge (as in after you buy it, even though this probably isn't true)? Sad

IF it were free to play, yeah, I'd definitely go for it... but the likelihood of that is, let's face it, minimal :/
Dean_The_Great
I would be all about a Star Wars MMO. It'd be awesome to be a crazy jedi or ship captain or something.
vaoger
its not going to get me...
playing WOW and GW cost me enough...
but from the look of the trailer...
it will be a hit... for sure...
Starrfoxx
vaoger wrote:
its not going to get me...
playing WOW and GW cost me enough...
but from the look of the trailer...
it will be a hit... for sure...

GW as in Guild Wars? I can see how WoW would cost a person enough money, but GW? GW has no monthly fee.