FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ram and procesor

sis5253
what is the effect if i add 4 gb ram on a 3.4 gh procesor Question
Flakky
How can you add ram on a processor? If you just mean 4gb ram on your motherboard with a 3.4gh processor as well you'll just have those two.
soljarag
this question makes no sence Very Happy
computerexpert09
if u add 4gb of ram to any system it will be fast but you have to make sure your motherboard supports it or it wont work and be useless..
ciureanuc
sis5253 wrote:

4Gb of RAM will be 3Gb on Windows XP, I hope you know that. Wink
Flakky
ciureanuc wrote:
sis5253 wrote:

Not on a 64-bit. I read somewhere that your ram on a 32-bit system is maxed to 4 GB - Video memory.
Skye001
Flakky wrote:
ciureanuc wrote:
sis5253 wrote:

Not on a 64-bit. I read somewhere that your ram on a 32-bit system is maxed to 4 GB - Video memory.

you could also enable PAE to reach 3.5GB or 3.75GB cant remember which but also dependent on onboard graphics card.

I would also recommend buy the fastest available speed for the memory, rather than just plonking 4gb into the computer
joostvane
Is the processor single core? If you are running a 3,4 ghz processor single core, I don't see much sense in adding more RAM to it. Your CPU is too old and it would be a waste of money.
bloodrider
You should clarify your question so we could answer properly Wink
Donutey
ciureanuc wrote:
sis5253 wrote:

Sort of. It will be 3.2GB of RAM that is available for use by any programs you run, while the remaining 800MB can be used by the OS. Using 4GB of RAM with a 32bit OS/CPU is not a big crutch on the size of your RAM, though anything above 4GB it starts being so.
sourojit
For the kind of processor listed you would not require that large amount of ram,as the processor would not make full use of it.or if you have an old motherboard I do not think it will support DD2 or better Ram's.
So u should upgrade on other prospectives.. Rolling Eyes
eshazz
Lol that makes no sense at all although this is what it is:

RAM (Random Access Memory) is either going to be DDR1, DDR2 or DDR3 the best is DDR3. The bigger the RAM the faster it is. For example you can get 256mb ram which would make the PC slow.
But if you upgrade to 4 or 6Gb ram your are going to have a different experience. The RAM is connected to the motherboard. In short it provides space for your computer to read and write data to be accessed by the CPU.

CPU (Central Processing Unit) aka Processor is used mainly in games and the speed of your PC. It to is connected to the motherboard. For example if you have a 1.8Ghz processor and you are trying to run a game like halo you most probably will have a heap of lag and it probably isnt going to run it. Therefore if you have a 3.4Ghz processor and you want to play Crysis, you will play on max fps also with a good GPU aka Graphics Card.

That is my opinion.