FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wont let me delete

BlacknRaven
I uploaded some forums to my subdomain forums.blacknscape and i went to go delete them and it says this:

Unable to delete files

Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/blacknscape.frih.org/public_html/Forums: The directory /domains/blacknscape.frih.org/public_html/Forums is not empty

and i also try to delete the individual file and it says this:

Unable to delete files

Details

Unable to delete /domains/blacknscape.frih.org/public_html/Forums/classes/en/Admin.php: Write access to the directory containing /domains/blacknscape.frih.org/public_html/Forums/classes/en/Admin.php is not allowed for the process's effective uid, or one of the directories in pathname did not allow search (execute) permission.

So can someone help me out because im confused
Bondings
If you go to the DirectAdmin file manager, there should be an option to reset the ownership of the files/directories. I think doing that should solve the problem.
BlacknRaven
thank you it worked and nice site u got here i love it =]
sheedatali
Bondings wrote:
If you go to the DirectAdmin file manager, there should be an option to reset the ownership of the files/directories. I think doing that should solve the problem.

I have a similar problem, when using joomla to install a plugin. The uploaded files are owned by apache (user/group 99). Since my hosting is managed by cpanel and not direct admin, I can't seem to be able to reset ownership on these files. The only way I have found so far is to use php script to change permission to 777 and then delete those files. However in cases where I do not want to delete files and want to keep the files, I can't seem to find a way to reset the ownership of these files.