FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Downtime recently

ocalhoun
I've noticed recently there has been a lot of downtimes. Both on the Frihost forum and Frihost hosted sites (at least on mine). The forum and the hosted sites are not synchronized in downtime, though they sometimes do coincide.

This has happened for the last several days, something like 3 or 4 times in 4 hours. Downtimes on the forum tend to be shorter (just a few minutes), but more frequent than the hosted site downtimes, which apparently last for hours sometimes.

When it goes down, it goes completely down, as if the server doesn't even exist. No other websites are affected.

Just wondering if you know about this, and if so, do you know why it happens?
SpellcasterDX
Can't say I've encountered this problem, though there have been a few cases where Firefox can't connect to the server, so perhaps that's what this is about?

Either way, I haven't noticed any significant downtime. Then again I haven't been as active on here as I would've liked.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
I've noticed recently there has been a lot of downtimes. Both on the Frihost forum and Frihost hosted sites (at least on mine). The forum and the hosted sites are not synchronized in downtime, though they sometimes do coincide.

This has happened for the last several days, something like 3 or 4 times in 4 hours. Downtimes on the forum tend to be shorter (just a few minutes), but more frequent than the hosted site downtimes, which apparently last for hours sometimes.

When it goes down, it goes completely down, as if the server doesn't even exist. No other websites are affected.

Just wondering if you know about this, and if so, do you know why it happens?
My experience is the same. A few days ago there was a long session of downtime, at least a few hours. That was an exception. Similar to you I have experienced regular downtimes for a few minutes at a time. This morning for example I was completely unable to access Frihost after being kicked out for at least a few minutes. It usually happens when I submit my posting and then it comes with the blank screen with the writing that the database cannot be accessed. When I try to refresh it won't bite. At one time I also got a weird screen with weird fonts. When it happens I take some time out and do something different, as I know it will take at least a number of minutes to be able to access the database again. And then I have to log in from scratch again.