FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Your Computer Have A Name ?

Does Your Computer Have A Name ?
Yes.
76%
 76%  [ 54 ]
No.
23%
 23%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 71

izcool
Ok, this is a bit of an odd question to ask, but I guess I'll go and ask it anyway.

Does your computer have a name ?

Vote in the poll, and post a reply if you feel the need to with your computer's name (if it has one).

Only one of my computers out of my countless others has a name. I haven't found very many good names for all my computers yet. Very Happy

This one (the only one with a name) is named Bianca. Why I chose that name ? I really liked it. Very Happy

This should be interesting.

- Mike.
elcyron
izcool wrote:
Ok, this is a bit of an odd question to ask, but I guess I'll go and ask it anyway.

hm, yes... sort of. it's more of an identifier. my current pc is called moonglade, the notebook is ashenvale (both places in the warcraft universe).

for years the only contant of my PC was the name avalon. while i replaced the CPU,mainboard, every single pcicard, the tower itself, the harddrives and even the monitor the name stayed avalon.
bigdan
My computer is called BigDan...easy as that! Very Happy
lockwolf
My Computers name is Kami based off the coolest girl in the world, my friend Kami!

Nameless
Lol, that's a pretty random question. FUnnily enough, I did name my computer at one point. My computer is called Rodney.
yjwong
Urps. Named after that character in the movie, robots?
AlphaAddict
they all do : )
lh-qg or something like that
Deji
ive got a laptop named Julian after an RPG character i had.

and a pc called Locky after a character from some books.
corey
We had our computers named after garden plants for a long time, but now mine's called Sparky. I don't know why I went with it, but regardless of the OS (or how many of them) on the machine, its been Sparky for the last 3 years.
Helios
TripleCore HQ
S3nd K3ys
Mine has different names. Sometimes it's "You ****ing piece of ****!" and sometimes it's called "****ing ****sucker!"

(Can you tell I run windows? Wink )
CrimsonStrange
I've got a small family of networked computers going. LoL

Mallory in the living room.
Lucy in the kitchen.
Gabe in my bedroom.
Sally in another bedroom.

The only one who isn't networked is Sev, the laptop that goes everywhere.
naz
Mine is called the german word for "sweetheart" Wink
shwetanshu
Abhigyan
nhl4000
My computer's name is Michelle. My old computer's name was Lucy, my borther has her. Lol. Very Happy
JulianMovie
My family has five computers. Because they are networked (or are becoming so) they
each have a name:

Rome (Father's and the main one)
Lady (my mothers)
Golden (sister's)
Pippin (mine)
Crab (brother's)

We still need one more, for other sister.
dkershner
Haha, nice topic.

My Desktop is named Black Stallion, due to his sleek, black exterior.

My laptop is called Big B*tch, because its heavy and burns my lap!
gmcclure
My Computer is called dumb piece of Sh*t....i reformat atleast every month. lol...because other people in the family use my computer and get viruses and crap all over it.
dule
lol

i dont call my computer with a name if that's what u mean...
ES-usls
Yeah my comp have a name.. I call it the Millenium Falcon ( from my fave craft in Star Wars).
Ali_karimi
ko03_Vandalism Very Happy
mOrpheuS
My machine is called "Night-Crawler".

pretty impressive, huh ?
But I call it that because I was listening to the song called Night crawler by Judas Priest when the computer crashed the last time. (about a year and a half back)
It seems to relate well to that name.
It hasn't crashed since. Very Happy

Apart from that, back in the days when I had a P1 system, me and my friends had decided upon "Captain-Crash".

Wink
onur
its name is "Computer"

Very Happy Very Happy
nik
my pc name is ............ PC.

when i see people that give thair pc name i know that i'm still ok. once i will please kill me. came to my place and break my pc and throw me out of the window pleaseee
leeleez
well my old pc had quite a few names too explicit to put on here
comsci18
yes, my computer has a name
i call my computer "Darling"
admans
i tell it Divine Devil or Addictive Drug!!!
tefa_taftaf2010
mine is Tefa2010

but really ut's nice question
Boles Roor
I call mine Lucy. After the main character in Elfen Lied. She's a mean little bitch, and so is my PC :p
DarkYuke
My computers name is....: Rayleigh's Laptop
Rather generic if you ask me but it doesn't really matter.
Hoss
lol, sadly enough, my computer did have a name. I labeled it "HossGODcomp" and that's what all of my friends referred to it as, seeing how it had the most top of the line equiptment for it's day, well, for a home user atleast. Razz
Then my christian friends from Kittaning found out about this and wern't too thrilled, so I changed it's name to "Hoss1337comp". Razz It's not the greatest comp anymore, but I still like it, does everything I need it to, plus some. Razz
Hoss
[Double post]
X_x;.. My bad, pressed button too many times.
EN-Archives
I call my computer "a bucket of bolts" its actually quite old... Very Happy
Anttu^^
My dekstop comps name is Durre. : it came from my super pro CPU name AMD Duron Very Happy. my laptops name is Laptop... pertty creative name aye Razz but i could name it a pice of junk too because its 5 years old already.. My Brothers com name is THE-BEAST lol Very Happy.
ronitvohra
My Com name is " "

Did u get tht?????

Ha

Invisible................
TekNoFX
my computer it's the rabbish machine Smile
ronitvohra
TekNoFX wrote:
my computer it's the rabbish machine Smile

Nice NAme..............

Gud Laughing Laughing
chiragshivnani
My computer's name is DEXTER. That genius boy.
charliehk
I thought it is quite unusual to have one's computer to have a name!! Shocked
corey
They all get one, but who likes "localhost" or "WXJSGDGW-QQEWRE"? May as well give it one you can recognize Smile
charliehk
Well, perhaps the reason I was surprised is that I never asked this question! Perhaps 85% of the computers in the world really have a name... well it's still hard for me to believe.

Also, some of them are male and some are female!! Shocked
Indyan
chiragshivnani wrote:
My computer's name is DEXTER. That genius boy.

Lol...next time I meet him I would show him this Razz
He would get a shock
izcool
charliehk wrote:
Also, some of them are male and some are female!! Shocked

All of my computers are female. Normally machines are female (like ships) because of their beauty. My sister's old computer was a male since it didn't work for her all that well. Razz

- Mike.
ocalhoun
Mine are named
Linuxp (my linux/Xp server)
IBM (A client of that server)
OldFart (my laptop)
mOOnGuardian
i use my name as my computer's name...
slovenman
Mine is Spooky... Cause it caused some spooky trouble earlier. Since then all my PC's are named Spooky.. precaution Smile
tuncadogus
My computer's name is Game Monster
n0obie4life
I sure do.

WinMe
WinXp

Wink

mOrpheuS wrote:
My machine is called "Night-Crawler".

pretty impressive, huh ?
But I call it that because I was listening to the song called Night crawler by Judas Priest when the computer crashed the last time. (about a year and a half back)
It seems to relate well to that name.
It hasn't crashed since. Very Happy

Apart from that, back in the days when I had a P1 system, me and my friends had decided upon "Captain-Crash".
Wink

mOrpheus, I always thought you were a simple person like you said so.
elekis
hi,

my computers name is Carla but the question is why, and I have no idea (cerytainly an old informatic fantarms.Smile

a+++.
cheeta
didnt ever think of naming it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
desertwind
Mine is called "desertwind"
SunburnedCactus
The laptop is called "Top of Lap".

Genius!

Laughing Laughing
jeddy
I name my computer Jeddy just like me name, you see, I has short term memory sometimes but most of the times I'm okay...j/k. I'm 100% fine, just funny.
nam_siddharth
Yes, My computer has a name. But it is not much interesting. [Is there any Computer in the world without name]
Billwaa
I called my newest computer, "-=The Computer=-". My friend just called it "Billwaa's Wife'
sudha
Quote:

Yes my computer has a name.
It is named as BITXY0236
Rolling Eyes

If any one want to know the anme of his/her computer do
right click on <my computer>
scroll down to <properties>
under general heading we find name including other details as free ram etc.
meretyping
"useless piece of crap, why won't you work?"

or

"please work, i love you and want to check my email"

depending on mood.
LordSata
Yes... my ibook is: darkstar
my pc is: darkheaven
my 2' pc is: darkmoon
LordSata
alkutob
My PC deserve to get a name

" Best Friend "
riv
I named my iBook "Snowy" kinda generic and obvious, but I like that name.
I name almost all of the gadgets that I have...
silliman
Short Answer: Amanda

Long, boring answer:

Computers come to be, because humans impart information and coding to create their existance. Not unlike the result of humans imparting DNA and specific coding material (nucleic acids) to create the existance of an embryonic child. Computers keep us company through various interactive content as do infants through entertaining antics. Computers also serve us, just as children do when they wash dishes or work in the fields as farm helpers. Lastly, but not conclusively, computers also provide us with a medium for establishing a sense of community (e.g., FriHost Community)-- much like children broaden our sphere of community by including their friends to their immediate circle of family and local community.

What makes up the totality of being human and what defines us as humans is the manner in which we interrelate and connect to our environment and the world around us (virtual or local). We create it, we are defined by it, we are "it."

Since 1986 (the days when you actually booted your XT or AT with a 5 1/4" floppy), I have always named my computer, Amanda -- after my daughter.

Happy New Year,

Mark
JayBee
My PC name isn't >>Computer in the kitchen<< Smile
but name of one of my comuter is >>computer in a library<<
next pc name is SEMPRON .. how does it arise
last pc, that want name is REAKTOR, i'm not english speaking man so the K...
root
SERVER01 and LAPTOP01
Animal
Calling your computer a descriptive name like "laptop" or "office computer" isn't a problem. Likewise, calling it by some random identifier (because you have to) like "HP74839" is ok.

Actually naming your computer as though it was a child or friend...

Eh?

... you need to get out more!!!

Laughing
aardvark
My computer is called Slug (for obvious reasons)!
John6000
ul9tl789iouiyiouoiuouioui
ashok
comsci18 wrote:
yes, my computer has a name
i call my computer "Darling"

hey me too call it darling..
leftofcenter
I got my laptop free with my college tuition, but within the first 3 months of owning it, I was at the Help Desk at least every other day, because it was broken. When I FINALLY got it fixed, I decided to name it Dalton out of my excitement. Very Happy
harmonica
Yeah, typical name is Deep Blue Wink now I have Tuco...
djclue917
Yes! My computer's name is Excelsior. That is the name of the workstation assigned to us for our research. I sure miss that computer...
Kd527
windozehata
moncader
My computer's name is Xex. Smile
kansloos
My oldest computer is named:'krot" which means something like shanty

as it's almost falling apart
helk
my computer was called moo.
i renamed it to blah.
silly me.
kansloos
This name your computer thread has made trying to find an original computername for my computer, with little succes so far.

I want a non stolen cool name. :(
DRock
Can't say my machine has a name, but I do refer to it as a she. My girlfriend got freaked out the first time she heard me personalize it. It was about to crash, and there was some work on it that needed to be saved (hours worth) so, as it was beginning to restart, I said "come on girl, just give me a few more seconds".

It was a riot, but I felt interogated.
InjunMick
lol some good stuff

mine is just "the box" lol

a question, Kd527, how did you do that thing with the IP, ISP, OS, etc?
cool

InjunMick

ps ya I come up with some silly question's Embarassed
helk
Well my friend labels his computers and hd's with lucasarts game and character names Very Happy
iyepes
Eh no, I haven't thought to put a name for my laptop, the only "endearment" word is "tatil" the last part of "portátil" (portable in spanish).
Jean-Clod
Well.. it may sound strange, or amazing, but I simply give letters as nouns for each of my PCs:
- The E for my netbook (E for eeePC)
- The A for my laptop (A for Acer.. ok that one is silly Rolling Eyes )
- The D for the desktop (I assume you understood this one)

(And "the One" for my smartphone, but that's offtopic Laughing )
william
My computers are named by their model (if a laptop) or by something descriptive. That's just how they appear on the network. Occasionally though, I will give it a specific name. Like this one computer over here, it's named Deep Thought. Laughing
ForceRun
My last 3 computers have all been named: Bob, it is simple and fast to remember.
chartcentral
Yes, my computer has a name. It's a combination of the previous names of the 2 PCs that got merged after both had defective parts and became useless. The good parts were united to form a working system again! Smile
joostvane
This PC is called JoostICE, since my name is Joost. Some friend who came install my PC called him that. My laptop is called Betty. :p No specific reason
Marcuzzo
MARCUZZO_D1 which is a desktop
MARCUZZO_L1 which is a laptop
MARCUZZO_L2 which is a 2nd laptop
MARCUZZO_S1 which is a Server

Laughing
visualconcepts
yes my computer name is Neo from Matrix the Movie. Very Happy