FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marketing Strategies

medesignz
Which current marketing and promoting strategies are you currently pushing...

I am particularly for the BIGGER PICTURE Theory to which the top of the pyramid is the goal and you work backwards with the steps for marketing snowballing and creating buzz along the way... this theory and practice, depends on networking speed, keeping momentum and creating deadlines...

Are you a fan of this strategy? Do you have any tips or modifications for this particular strategy, or do you not like it?

Im just interested to know what YOU think
BrumDubai
I have never heard of it.
Any chance of explaining it or posting a link to a website, or something?
kimdon5
I personally am not a fan of any pyramid structure. I think the idea is great but it requires a lot of hard work and can be very frustrating at times. I believe stats show that over 90% of people who start in a structure such as this, drop out very quickly. This makes it difficult for the the person above them.
chiragpatnaik
medesignz wrote:

I am particularly for the BIGGER PICTURE Theory to which the top of the pyramid is the goal and you work backwards with the steps for marketing snowballing and creating buzz along the way... this theory and practice, depends on networking speed, keeping momentum and creating deadlines...

Are you a fan of this strategy? Do you have any tips or modifications for this particular strategy, or do you not like it?

Pyramid (MLM) marketing doesn't quite work. It just makes friends avoid the person hawking the goods.

You are talking about pyramid marketing right?
Georgeboy
The best marketing strategy is to create a product that is really good. If it is better then other products, people will talk about it and your product will be launched. If it isn't better, you can ask the question: why investing in a product that won't make people better...
Crorepati
I like the binary system, which checks number of loopholes in other systems of pyramid scheme. But definitely it is not from the side of operators of such marketing systems. I would like to know if somebody can throw some light the comparison of different systems from the operator point of view or simply based on mathmatical calculations.
azoundria
There is only one strategy that works for all the major sites...

Google uses it. So did Yahoo. And YouTube, and Facebook... Microsoft uses it to a lesser extent...

Stop trying to sell people on your website. People don't want to be sold. They want to buy.

Meet your client's needs and they will do all the marketing you ever need for you, provided you make it easy for them to share your website.

That's all you need to do.
BigGeek
medesignz wrote:

I paid $1000.00 this past summer for an online course that I'm still working at, it is a 3 month course to complete, self paced, but you get a 1 year guarantee on the results of the course, as it takes about 3 (in my case) 4 months to complete, but you apply what you learn for a year, and the guarantee is that, if you apply the technique and actually work at it, you will enroll 100 people into your business, no matter what you are selling.

What I'm learning is that the same model of marketing applies to anything you want to sell, and it doesn't matter what you are selling or how you are selling it.

So it doesn't matter if you are selling clothing, books, weightloss, food, or anything, plus, it doesn't matter how you are selling it, as a retail seller, a store owner, a whole seller, or Network or Multi-Level Marketer. If you apply the skills you learn, you will close sales.

First you learn to qualify and obtain leads - finding a good lead source is a difficult task.

Second, you learn what to ask, or how to prospect the leads, so you develope a script for initial contact of your leads.

Third you go about contacting them, calling them, and asking them questions to ge them interested, if you talk to 100 people, at least 10 of them should express an interest in your question, if not you need to rework your prospecting script.

Fourth you learn how to put them through a presentation, you create, and you have to get a good presentatin, because this is your sales promo, pitch so to speak.

Fifth you contact them back and try and get them to join and work with you, doing what you are doing! SELLING!! You can even give them contact lists and script to get them started.

The part of Prospecting, Presenting, and Closing is called a sales funnel, and basically for any kind of sales, all you want to do is learn how to set up the sales funnel, and obtain the leads, and prospect them present, and close, as many of them as you can, qualifying them, by those that will work for you, if you are in MLM.

The course I'm working at is geared toward MLMr's working from home, trying to be successful at it. They guarantee that if you learn these skills, and apply them on your business, you can make some incredible money working any MLM opportunity, NEVER HAVING TO TALK TO ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS OR FAMILY, AND TRY AND SELL THEM ON YOUR OPPORTUNITY, Plus you get an unlimited number of leads as you con continue to purchase them, or work them, as you find good sources. Which like they and I can tell you, is not easy to do!

To answer your question Sure you have to generate excitement in your marketing by developing scripts that generate that excitment, but you also have to get out there and prospect, present and close people and bring them into your organization.

I'm finding what I'm working on pretty interesting!

For a person that is learning about marketing, I think I'm getting the drift about what you are saying, and to everyone that posted that they didn't think MLM worked, you now understand what you really have to do to make it work.
medesignz
what youre describing is Sales, not marketing, right?
BigGeek
medesignz wrote:
what youre describing is Sales, not marketing, right?

Marketing is Sales.....right? Sales is the actual contacting of the customer and getting them to purchase the product or service. Marketing is profiling the potential customer, putting together the initial contact system or approach, the presentation approach, and the close approach. So in essence I'm doing both, learning how to market, profile my customers, how to qualify leads based on my profile. Then how to hit them on an intro, or spark their interest with an ad, or a call, how to put together an effective presentation, and how to close them.

The actual part about calling them to close is the sales part, the rest is marketing. Right? Don't the go hand in hand?
androidappdevel
Marketing strategies serve as the fundamental underpinning of marketing plans designed to fill market needs and reach marketing objectives. Plans and objectives are generally tested for measurable results. Commonly, marketing strategies are developed as multi-year plans, with a tactical plan detailing specific actions to be accomplished in the current year. Time horizons covered by the marketing plan vary by company, by industry, and by nation, however, time horizons are becoming shorter as the speed of change in the environment increases.Marketing strategies are dynamic and interactive.
medesignz
BigGeek wrote:
Marketing is Sales.....right? Sales is the actual contacting of the customer and getting them to purchase the product or service. Marketing is profiling the potential customer, putting together the initial contact system or approach, the presentation approach, and the close approach. So in essence I'm doing both, learning how to market, profile my customers, how to qualify leads based on my profile. Then how to hit them on an intro, or spark their interest with an ad, or a call, how to put together an effective presentation, and how to close them.

The actual part about calling them to close is the sales part, the rest is marketing. Right? Don't the go hand in hand?
I would have to disagree with this, but each to their own opinion.

Marketing is about apply value to an existing product or service.

A pen is a pen, but a Montblanc pen is no ordinary pen.

Marketing is about establishing a market and then making sure that your product or service is the centre of that marketplace.

Strategies are designed for the bigger picture, but ultimately the end goal.

I would think sales is about targets and numbers, and working out each inventory, but not about marketing the product.

Ultimately, a good marketing strategy makes the product or service appear to not have a strategy and to give the impression that it simply just markets itself.
B88maritime
Pyramid structure is just good when you are in the top. You just keep raking money. I tried it before and those in the downline became prostrated when they can't earn as much. I end up losing some good friends. Some people can't understand this scheme.
androidappdevel
The foundational strategy that helps a company survive and thrive long-term. Marketing strategy must address the following variables: positioning, pricing, advertising, distribution, promotion, sales, product improvements, and new products.
medesignz
B88maritime wrote:
Pyramid structure is just good when you are in the top. You just keep raking money. I tried it before and those in the downline became prostrated when they can't earn as much. I end up losing some good friends. Some people can't understand this scheme.
This type of strategy is called Multi-Level-Marketing and is generally frowned upon. If someone invites you to one of these schemes, I'd stay well clear.