FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Current Economic Climate...

medesignz
Is it possible to set a disclaimer for whenever the phrase "Particularly in the current economic climate..." is used in any media form, to which it apologises for lack of creativity... sheepism... and bandwagonism?

Im sick of it... we know times are hard, we dont need to be tortured or brainwashed into REMEMBERING we're in a rut...

Is it just me who feels this, or are their others?

Is there any current phrase you cant stand which is being used Willy-Nillyly... Laughing
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
Is it possible to set a disclaimer for whenever the phrase "Particularly in the current economic climate..." is used in any media form, to which it apologises for lack of creativity... sheepism... and bandwagonism?

Im sick of it... we know times are hard, we dont need to be tortured or brainwashed into REMEMBERING we're in a rut...

Is it just me who feels this, or are their others?

Is there any current phrase you cant stand which is being used Willy-Nillyly... Laughing
Don't you think that we have been "brainwashed" into thinking the economy is bad? And that your thinking is proof of that? All of it is really a lie. The Government indirectly controls the media, and made good use of it in order to bail the banks out. It was short of cash and now is partying again. Evil or Very Mad

Yesterday I saw an article about people going bankrupt as a result of huge medical bills. The study says that 60% of people who go bankrupt go bankrupt because of their medical bills. So no doubt that is a precursor to the current legislation in Congress for getting Congress to approve a bill that gives Medical Insurance to everyone (Refer: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_overhaul

This is a shortcut to the story about the medical bills:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090605/hl_nm/us_healthcare_bankruptcy_7
jabce85
it would honestly not surprise me in the least if everything the guy above me said really is what's going on.
LumberJack
Buy American, Buy Canadian, Buy British, Buy <insert country here>
joe_042293
Yay for universal healthcare!

That'd be a nice, positive step forwards for the USA.
pll
LumberJack wrote:

100% agreed.

I'm tired of people that says that the economy will come back up soon.
They said that since the recession, or crisis or "Anything you want" is started.
deanhills
LumberJack wrote:
How do you know that you are buying American/Canadian/British? When there is so much outsourcing going on? Twisted Evil Nothing is what it appears to be. Noble thoughts however. Or were they said with tongue in the cheek Smile
standready
deanhills wrote:
LumberJack wrote:
How do you know that you are buying American/Canadian/British? When there is so much outsourcing going on? Twisted Evil Nothing is what it appears to be. Noble thoughts however. Or were they said with tongue in the cheek Smile

I know when people purchase my product (standready.biz) that they are getting an American product. I think the only thing not American item for my product is two pins in the injection mold that are made from steel produced in Japan but manufactured in the States. BTW: Just shipped our first order to Australia with more orders pending.

Getting back to the original question: If you keep telling them eventually it is true. We are told only what they want us to hear. Frightning is what we don't hear.
deanhills
standready wrote:

Getting back to the original question: If you keep telling them eventually it is true. We are told only what they want us to hear. Frightning is what we don't hear.
Agreed. I regard it as plain lying. As withholding or distorting the truth is a lie.