FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Touchpad

ravikanth
I have lenovo x200 tablet. It works only with the stylus. I cannot use my fingers to navigate. Is there a way to get it to work with fingers?
Flakky
You could modify the styles by removing the tip and attaching it to your finger although I don't recommend this and it may not work.
ravikanth
The company gave extra stylus tips. What u said is a workable idea. But what I was referring to is the following - Is there a way to get it to recognize the finger touch. I guess that would not be possible. Would it be?

Ravikanth
joe_042293
If it's been designed only to respond to the pen stylus, then it probably works by magnets or some other such method which means the fingers will not work. Sorry.

You would probably be best off just buying a tablet that allows the use of the fingers.
Flakky
Recognize the finger? No that's impossible. Even if it's a touch pad they often take all the points which are pressed on the board, calculate the center of all these points and places a pointer over there. It won't scan all the data your finger presses.
Jamestf347
Not going to happen, they were designed to use the stylus, then use the stylus, it maybe a pain but yeah.