FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vrythramax Website

deanhills
I just had a look at the Vrythramax Website and it is pretty amazing. Alive! I liked the way Max got the thumbnails to be dancing to the music as well. Really cool! Good to have someone alive around Smile I'm curious. I've figured out the Max part but what does Vrythra mean?

This is possibly not that important but I read some of the Website and picked up on spelling. Ones that hit my eye were "efficiant" and "honered".

For those who would like to have a look at the Website:
http://kenshi.frihost.net/

What impressed me was that all of the bells and whistles in the "introduction" Flash opening worked without having to wait, so it must have been designed with using minimum of Webspace but with maximum effect. Well done!
tony
deanhills wrote:
I just had a look at the Vrythramax Website and it is pretty amazing. Alive! I liked the way Max got the thumbnails to be dancing to the music as well. Really cool! Good to have someone alive around Smile I'm curious. I've figured out the Max part but what does Vrythra mean?

This is possibly not that important but I read some of the Website and picked up on spelling. Ones that hit my eye were "efficiant" and "honered".

For those who would like to have a look at the Website:
http://kenshi.frihost.net/

What impressed me was that all of the bells and whistles in the "introduction" Flash opening worked without having to wait, so it must have been designed with using minimum of Webspace but with maximum effect. Well done!

Well 'vrythra' doesn't pull up much on Google... I'm just seeing 7 pages!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=vrythra&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=vrythra&aqi=&fp=2Inaafc1UxE
Vrythramax
Now here's a change...people talking about me in good way! Laughing

OK...Vrythramax was (allegedly) the name of one of the first dragons ever created by Wizards and Alchemists, and the first to turn on them...after they tried to kill him for being to big to handle.

As for me being called "Max", it's just a shortening of "Vrythramax" to save typing and typos. Wink

Sorry for the typos on the page, I'll correct as time allows. I wrote that site about 2 years ago, and haven't done much with it since. I really should update it, so thank you for telling me where to look first Smile

I also work for FRIH$'s....I'm saving up to buy a FRIH-Ferrari. Laughing

As for Google, try:
Vrythramax
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
Now here's a change...people talking about me in good way! Laughing

OK...Vrythramax was (allegedly) the name of one of the first dragons ever created by Wizards and Alchemists, and the first to turn on them...after they tried to kill him for being to big to handle.

As for me being called "Max", it's just a shortening of "Vrythramax" to save typing and typos. Wink

Sorry for the typos on the page, I'll correct as time allows. I wrote that site about 2 years ago, and haven't done much with it since. I really should update it, so thank you for telling me where to look first Smile

I also work for FRIH$'s....I'm saving up to buy a FRIH-Ferrari. Laughing

As for Google, try:
Vrythramax
Thanks Max (sort of rhymes ... noted you are a poet too) Smile I was wondering about the Frih$ and now have an understanding for that too. Nice story behind the name. Like it that the dragon turned on the wizards and alchemists. Has a nice ring of justice around that Smile I had the feeling the Website was older, but it still was eye-catching. I also do not like Websites with too much clutter, brevity and to the point are good for me, and it has it. The info about the moderators was also good stuff. Awesome that you had the opportunity to study Websites under tutelage of the Wizard who started the Internet. Is he still alive? Smile
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
Awesome that you had the opportunity to study Websites under tutelage of the Wizard who started the Internet. Is he still alive? Smile

The man your talking is named Tim Berners-Lee and he didn't create the "Internet" he authored the HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocal) protocal that made the World Wide Web possible. He was also the founder of The World Wide Web Consortium, and yes, he is still alive and last I heard he was living in Switzerland.

As for me being a poet, I used to sing a lot and wrote much of my own material. Thank you for the compliments on my site....now I'm going to have to update it. Laughing
lastelement0
just thought id point this out, on the 2nd 'slide' of the intro, (about the frihost hall of fame) you have misspelled quality (you have it as qaulity).
Vrythramax
lastelement0 wrote:
just thought id point this out, on the 2nd 'slide' of the intro, (about the frihost hall of fame) you have misspelled quality (you have it as qaulity).

picky picky picky Razz
deanhills
Vrythramax wrote:
....now I'm going to have to update it. Laughing
Fortunately it is good as it is. Not much work needed. Thanks for all the info about Tim Berners-Lee. He has to be a very wealthy guy. Smile
Arty
I don't really like flash based sites. Razz

I think it's neat though. Smile
Vrythramax
deanhills wrote:
...Thanks for all the info about Tim Berners-Lee. He has to be a very wealthy guy. Smile

He is pretty well off, but not from the protocal, he gave that away as open source...he makes a real killing on the lecture circuit (about $60,000 per engagment), his work with W3.org, and consultaion work. I'd say he can pay his bills well enough. Wink

*EDIT - I didn't start this topic, but it really seems that it belongs more in the "Advertise Your Website" forum.

-moved-