FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best WYSIYG web designer

frih
i have used front page. But it is not very good and i am look for good alternative.

ANy one knows another good designer?

thanks Very Happy
t
foreverdestiny
Microsoft Expression Web, basically it's an evolved version of frontpage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Expression_Web
deanhills
foreverdestiny wrote:
Microsoft Expression Web, basically it's an evolved version of frontpage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Expression_Web
I have been using FrontPage for many years. Was it easy to get into MS Expression Web or did you need some time to learn the software?
medesignz
Notepad is my editor of choice... i know its not wysiwyg, but it works for me

I learnt my craft on both Front Page and Dreamweaver many moons ago, and I think its a great starting point, but I think to further yourself and to better your own coding techniques... moving to the text editors is the way forward.

What are your views on hand coding? Is it that you dont know enough or just not confident enough?
deanhills
medesignz wrote:

I learnt my craft on both Front Page and Dreamweaver many moons ago, and I think its a great starting point, but I think to further yourself and to better your own coding techniques... moving to the text editors is the way forward.

What are your views on hand coding? Is it that you dont know enough or just not confident enough?
I don't know enough, and I am lazy to learn - looks complicated. If there is software that has built in text editors and design capabilities I'd rather go for it.
gcaughill
deanhills wrote:
medesignz wrote:

I don't know enough, and I am lazy to learn - looks complicated. If there is software that has built in text editors and design capabilities I'd rather go for it.

If you use a CMS like Joomla, you can use many great built in 'near' wysiwyg editors like:

1. JCE
2. TinyMCE
3. FCK

I say near wysiwyg because they are not perfect. But good for most people's needs.

And other CMS's than Joomla have them too.

Hope that helps.
defecto
When i first started out. I use google and a notepad ++. I started hand coding everything and learning the design part after. I now its a little slow but you do benefit alot from it. I would suggest Dreamweaver.. Its very good and helps a whole lot if you dont know html or css tags. its not really a wysiwyg but it is very powerful. I think you would have a lot more freedom as a designer with dreamweaver.
eday2010
medesignz wrote:

You did it backwards. You're actually supposed to learn HTML coding by hand first, and then move onto a WYSIWYG editor. That way when there is a problem in the code, because you already learned how to do it by hand, it is easier to fix the problem than if you learned in the WYSIWG.

gcaughill wrote:
If you use a CMS like Joomla, you can use many great built in 'near' wysiwyg editors like:

1. JCE
2. TinyMCE
3. FCK

I say near wysiwyg because they are not perfect. But good for most people's needs.

And other CMS's than Joomla have them too.

TinyMCE is probably the worst piece of crap I have ever used. The version I used in the government was buggy as heel, and changing code all the time. Maybe that's because it was integrated into Interwoven. But still crap.
Raidation
I started out with Notepad.
It's not too complex with Notepad, but I've moved onto Dreamweaver.
It's the best WYSIWYG editor I know.
Da Rossa
Kompozer is the best alternative. Its a bugfix version based on NVU. Still has some bugs but its fine. On the pay side, there is now Microsoft expression web, which I'm trying right now. Appears to be very user friendly and waaaaaaaay better than its predecessor - frontpage. MEW is, at least according to the rumours, standards compliant.
binsmyth
notepad would be the best for starter if you want to study more about the html and websites but when going to advanced you can use dreamweaver. I don't know about frontpage because microsoft have the habit of making some of their own things which is not used by others which might create problems later on