FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

E3 2009 - Xbox 360

Spartan
Holy smokes. These words can describe the news for the 360 this year. I'm honestly amazed right now, and don't regret buying an Xbox 360 at all. A lot of new features are going to be introduced, and new games are announced. By the way, this is but the start for E3 2009!

One of the biggest announcements this year is Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It's going to be the first MGS game on the platform, and you play as Raiden. The announcement trailer can be viewed here.

Second of all, Halo: Reach. This is a new game developed by Bungie Software, coming sometime in 2010. There isn't really any information on this right now, but the hype is rising!

Halo 3: ODST's release date has been confirmed. There also is a gameplay video for it now, right here.

Facebook and Microsoft now have a partnership; there will soon be Facebook straight on your Xbox. There's a deal with Twitter too.

This is just the beginning, with a LOT more to come. This year is proving to be a very, very interesting and GREAT year for Xbox 360 users.
QrafTee
Spartan wrote:
Holy smokes. These words can describe the news for the 360 this year. I'm honestly amazed right now, and don't regret buying an Xbox 360 at all. A lot of new features are going to be introduced, and new games are announced. By the way, this is but the start for E3 2009!

One of the biggest announcements this year is Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It's going to be the first MGS game on the platform, and you play as Raiden. The announcement trailer can be viewed here.

Second of all, Halo: Reach. This is a new game developed by Bungie Software, coming sometime in 2010. There isn't really any information on this right now, but the hype is rising!

Halo 3: ODST's release date has been confirmed. There also is a gameplay video for it now, right here.

Facebook and Microsoft now have a partnership; there will soon be Facebook straight on your Xbox. There's a deal with Twitter too.

This is just the beginning, with a LOT more to come. This year is proving to be a very, very interesting and GOOD year for Xbox 360 users.

It was a nice conference for Microsoft, but Nintendo and Sony had great conferences too.

I was a bit disappointed that most of Microsoft's announcements were gimmicks and Halo. Metal Gear Solid Rising was pretty cool though. We will have to see if everyone fully accepts Raiden or whether he'll be criticized like he was in Metal Gear Solid 2.

I'm finally somewhat satisfied with Nintendo bringing back more traditional games to the Wii. I am also very psyched about Golden Sun DS--I love Golden Sun 1 and 2.

I'm also extremely happy that Sony is continuing to focus on games. I'm not surprised about their motion control--hell, even Microsoft did it--but I am surprised how much precise it was compared to the Wii remote with the Wii Motion Plus. That tech demo was amazing.

Final Fantasy XIV was announced as a PS3 exclusive and I was surprised, but my hopes for the game vanished when it was revealed to be Square Enix's MMORPG... *shivers*

God of War 3 and The Last Guardian seems to be coming along nicely and I can't wait to see the final product.

I can't believe that there was no showing of Final Fantasy Versus XIII... *sigh*
Diablosblizz
Quote:
I'm not surprised about their motion control--hell, even Microsoft did it--but I am surprised how much precise it was compared to the Wii remote with the Wii Motion Plus. That tech demo was amazing.

Never saw that, but if you think about it compare the prices of the Wii to the PS3. Now, while the Wii does have motion detection it's cheap. Compared to all the other systems, it's the cheapest and if you think about it, it's a really good system. If PS3 were to release that, the price would be no were near the Wii range.
enygmasoft
Diablosblizz wrote:
Quote:
I'm not surprised about their motion control--hell, even Microsoft did it--but I am surprised how much precise it was compared to the Wii remote with the Wii Motion Plus. That tech demo was amazing.

Never saw that, but if you think about it compare the prices of the Wii to the PS3. Now, while the Wii does have motion detection it's cheap. Compared to all the other systems, it's the cheapest and if you think about it, it's a really good. If PS3 were to release that, the price would be no were near the Wii range.

Yes I was trying get all the E3 video footage for all 3 companies and was pleasantly surprised when Microsoft came out in left field with the announcement of the amazing Project Natal. The biggest surprise came from the fact that I thought Nintendo was going to be first with the idea of a controller less controller, which the wii controller was the next best thing. So I used to wonder why I got the xbox since I had so many problems with my box and it not even a year old. To be fair once I set the system on its side and got the intercooler, i have stopped having problems with the unit, but it scratched 2 xbox games, well technically one game since both times it happened to my "Gears of War," into turned them into coasters. Now thankfully I had it happen to my game and gamestop took them back both times. I had never had a system break down on me, yet the system while being used just died on me, turned off to never turn back on since just gave me the very encouraging RoL, which is always good news.

the tempurature kills the xbox the fan also does not pull its weight. This why my xbox turns into a brick, becuase it does not shut off to defend itself fron extreme heat. My kids were nice enought to drop my Wii and that fan inside the unit stopped s . Now this could have turned my wii into a brick but is has to brilliant ability to turn off if overheats. Last time I checked this tecnology is not new or patented by nintendo, because my desktop would turn off when i blocked all the vents by putting in my closet. isnt that the same as the wii