FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can u recommend some brands of athletic shoes?

wanshishusheng
can u recommend some brands of athletic shoes in America?
I know NIKE is good.
jwellsy
New Balance

I have a 12" rod and a bunch of pins in my leg and have been unable to run/jog for about 8 years. Everytime I tried to jog it would kill my leg. Last month I got a pair of New Balance running shoes and now I have no more pain when I jog.

I think the main feature in NB's favor is the heel design. The center of the heel has a length wise gap/cup and absorbs heel strike shock with the sides of the heel.

Anyone with Planter Fascitis or heel spur pain should definately get a pair of New Balance shoes.

jabce85
it really depends what you need them for and your foot type (thin/wide)
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
New Balance

I have a 12" rod and a bunch of pins in my leg and have been unable to run/jog for about 8 years. Everytime I tried to jog it would kill my leg. Last month I got a pair of New Balance running shoes and now I have no more pain when I jog.

I think the main feature in NB's favor is the heel design. The center of the heel has a length wise gap/cup and absorbs heel strike shock with the sides of the heel.

Anyone with Planter Fascitis or heel spur pain should definately get a pair of New Balance shoes.

Agreed. I had achilles heel tendonitis in both heels last year and this is definitely the better ones for me. Wish I had purchased more than one pair though when I was in Canada last year. They are excellent.
Insanity
I second New Balance shoes. They're comfortable, not made in overseas sweatshops, and they have sizes that fit my feet really well. They have those wide sizes that are more suited for me.
michaeljscott93
ASICS !!!

http://www.asics.co.uk/

the website tells you everything, almost, about the shoes.
medesignz
Adidas baby!
computerexpert09
i lke nike for guys sneakers the 360s are the best
Chinmoy
nike 360 is the best.
nigam
adidas is what i like most....very comfortable to wear....
lethaltriad
My favourite used to be Nike and Adidas but lately i've been wearing alot of Puma gear, pretty comfy shoes and also they have some cool designs.
guggs
HiTecs are fine and considerably cheaper than most of the other brands. They also make excellent hiking boots.
hamza1122
asics, nike and adidas are obviously the best.

Nike is the best in my opinion. =]
driftingfe3s
I'm going to purchase a new pair of running shoes soon. I have flat feet, so I need something with good support and motion control to help with overpronaton when I run. I've been looking around the net and I'm probably going to buy the Saucony ProGrid Stabil CS running shoes.

I've had a few pairs of Saucony's that I've used for running and used them the last two times I ran the LA Marathon and I can say I like them better than the Nike and Reebok shoes that I've used for running. Saucony shoes feel more comfortable on longer runs and have better support in my opinion.
popoG2040
go for supras
eday2010
The most comfortable and durable shoes I ever had were LA Gears. They are hard to find today, otherwise I would still wear them.
Insanity
I like New Balance shoes because they seem to fit me when no other brand will. Their shoes come in extra wide, which fits comfortably for me. They also have great quality, are made in the USA (generally), and are perfect running shoes for me.
jinz22
i think NIKE is one of the best brand right now but i also recommend RBK as i've experience nike sports shoes and its kinda easy to be ripped if u play sports alot (atleast i do). but i have had RBK since 7 months and its still in a good condition so thats what i would suggest.
gtsmatrix
I would say probly either Nike or Puma. They are both good shoes.
pandora0816
Sabe quando uma rajada de fumaça é soltathomas sabo dentro de um espaço de largas medidas e cada filetinho vai, aos poucos, dominando todo o ambiente, numa espécie de dança que paralisa o louis vuitton handbagsolhar? Parece cena de uma fotografia corriqueira, mas para mim é o equivalente à condição de uma figura de São Paulo, que vem ganhando espaço de uma maneira saborosa, dentro do schmuckcenário da fotografia. Sem floreios ou meias-palavras, mas com muita pesquisa, a fotógrafa Carla Romero construiu o Granulado, um blog que acolhe todos os seus porquês em relação ao universo fotográfico. louis vuittonLá na definição do blog, Romero postou: “A Palavra de ordem do Granulado é FOTOGRAFIA. Vou postar aqui gulodices fotográficas. Coisas bacanas que fazem meu coração bater mais forte.thomas sabo schmuck Meu nome é Carla Romero e basicamente sou uma curiosa”. A fórmula está dando certo e gradativamente “as batidas de coração”, em versão web, alcançam as rodas de discussões, não por acolher apenas assuntos polêmicos – como uma confusão de créditos encenada pelos jornais Folha de São Paulo e Jornal da Tarde -, mas também, por dar ao leitor guccicontribuições importantes como charmsum post sobre a associação entre a Biblioteca Nacional dos Estados Unidos e o Flickr, e um outro sobre a primeira mostra individual de Linda McCartney com fotos exclusivas dos Beatles.
nigam
nike is the best athletic shoes for me because it fits comfortably...very light once i wore it...
Cliffer
nike ,adidas, mizuno,lining...
medesignz
My knees hurt whilst and after jogging... do you think its the shoes?
Insanity
I like New Balance because they have good fits to my feet. I like wide sizes and they seem to be one of few shoe manufacturers that have wide sizes. Their shoes are also very comfortable and long lasting. I wear them for sports and casually.
yagnyavalkya
There are several good brands
soljarag
I like New Balance too.... I used to go for Adadis but the past few years I have not liked any of their designs
ronbonzo
Original poster has not bothered to reply so, screw him.
medesignz
Seriously guys... My knees are killing me as I run... what is the problem???
LittleBlackKitten
Shoe issue: Go to walmart, zellers, sears, or other like stores. Try on their runners, and if it's comfy, buy them. Nike produces their shoes for $5 a foot, and charge 200 someodd because they CAN. This also goes for cheaper brands, and they're all made by the same slave chinese kids, and they'll all be the same quality of shoe across the market. With the exception of Dr Scholls.

Knee issue: Go try talking to a doctor and get an arthritis test done. I never thought I had it until I was diagnosed (I am 24) and I'm almost late-stage. If you catch it early mid stage, it's reversible.
yagnyavalkya
Nike, Adidas, Lotto, Reebookand many more
dude_xyx
Used to have both Adidas and Puma stuff. Puma stuff are cheaper yet Quality is good.
Insanity
New Balance shoes are great because they have really comfortable shoes that really fit me, but that may be specific to me. I have wide feet, so having that sort of sizing really makes a difference to me. Also, they're made in the US, so you know the sweat shop quality of the shoes are going to be much better. Just kidding, I'm sure a lot of it is made in foreign countries as well.