FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hitler-themed Bars & Restaurant

sana618
this link is filed under history section, but i thought that it is better in the general section as it refers to the present day.

http://www.who-sucks.com/people/dining-with-hitler-in-asia-hitler-themed-bars-restaurants
snowynight
IN india. The local government should be responsible.
AftershockVibe
No accounting for taste I guess.
There is something deeply black humoured, verging on ironic, about the whole idea.
Nick2008
That's pretty odd, I mean a Hitler Bar?

What kind of food and drinks is served at the bar?
HamsterMan
I think it's a neat idea. You should embrace history rather then making it taboo. And just incase the point was missed, I'm definitely not a nazi sympathizer.
Nameless
I probably wouldn't there unless recommended, but only because it's such an obvious marketing gimmick. (I also agree with the bar owner quoted as comparing Hitler to other (in)famous conquerors.)
dude_xyx
Just a Marketing gimmick. I don't think it as a big deal. But I guess its just how the world is people forget the past. This wouldn't had happened in 50's or 60's. Now there aren't many who has seen all world war 2 horrors by their own eyes.
endless
I don't really care, it their bar after all. Besides the article is only looking at the bad sides, if noone is reminding us of what happenend it world war two there a big chance it will happen again Mad
Solon_Poledourus
Maybe I should open up a Donner Party themed restaurant. Specializing in ribs...
Ghost900
I would never name my restaurant something like that, and I would more than likely never enter one named like that.

I know that something like that in the US wouldn't go over to well.
I doubt that these places will get much attention once they have been open awhile except for the tourists that drive by and see them.
Vrythramax
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Maybe I should open up a Donner Party themed restaurant. Specializing in ribs...

Now that's funny! Laughing
misterXY
Some look like a good photoshop. Hitler Bar? How about Stalin bar? Himmler Bar? Marketing, pathetic.
Solon_Poledourus
I wonder how big the ovens are in a Hitler restaurant...
Vladalf
Never thought about a Hitler bar before.
Nothing offending for me, it's just an imaginative name.
Vlad
Vrythramax
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
I wonder how big the ovens are in a Hitler restaurant...

Shocked Wow...I thought I was warped! Very Happy
Solon_Poledourus
Vrythramax wrote:
Wow...I thought I was warped!
Sadly, I don't think any of the food there will be Kosher.

OK, I will stop now, lest someone takes my humor the wrong way.
misterXY
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
Wow...I thought I was warped!
Sadly, I don't think any of the food there will be Kosher.

OK, I will stop now, lest someone takes my humor the wrong way.

Wow........... Nice..... Shocked & l though l was an ass
Solon_Poledourus
Just look at what I have listed as my profession... I truly am an ass... but a very lovable one.
tony
Nick2008 wrote:

saerbraten and beer! haha!
Solon_Poledourus
tony wrote:
Nick2008 wrote:

saerbraten and beer! haha!
And fascism...
rockacola
Nick2008 wrote:

Nothing but ordinary stuff... the name and so-called 'theme' is just another marketing spin to suck tourists into Twisted Evil
missdixy
Wait, seriously? This is serious? Jesus Christ. This has got to be the worst idea anyone's ever had...
Solon_Poledourus
missdixy wrote:
Wait, seriously? This is serious? Jesus Christ. This has got to be the worst idea anyone's ever had...
Second only to "Hitler themed neighborhoods" in Poland...
EanZer
I have now a name for my restaurant. Thanks for what you have said. Now I have my own named restaurant. I am going to open it this year.
Aulos
Nick2008 wrote:

Basically what many others have said. Beer, sausages... traditional German food. (Which is pretty delicious, by the way. Very Happy ) Or maybe it's typical Asian food, only with a bizarre Hitler theme.

I can't have been the only to laugh at this article though, right?
LostOverThere
Well, they got us talking about it. So already they've been noticed more than if they had a regular name.

Cheesy idea? Perhaps. Bad marketing? Never.
deanhills
I was just thinking, history aside, those rich colours of black and white, and the art of the swastika are very appealing for decoration. Then the German type Gemuetlichkeit and ambience with drafts of beer and sausages, that would work for a Restaurant.

I remember when I was in Sharm El Sheikh there was a Russian restaurant also dressed up in colours with the whole Communist theme and authentic food, but modern drink. I thought that was a really great restaurant:
Magicman
That seems like such a horrible theme for a bar. It definitely would not go over well in the west. I don't know if I'd be comfortable going into one of these bars.
coolclay
Who knows maybe they are mainly Japanese? Japan was after all a part of the original Axis powers. I don't really see it as offensive, maybe distasteful, but isn't that the goal of many bars! The more people make a big deal out of distasteful things the more those that started it win!

I know people who have dressed up as the SS for Halloween, distasteful, yes, but the whole reason they did it was to attract attention! And the more that is given the more they win!
iman
Wow. Maybe they're doing it only to get attention.
I like dark humor, but I don't see the appeal here.
standready
iman wrote:
Wow. Maybe they're doing it only to get attention.

That got my attention but certainly won't get my business.