FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Religion ??

Whats Your Religon ??
Muslim
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Christ
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Jew
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Hindu
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Other ...
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 38

afzal
Ohk Lets the titile say::

Whats Ur religon ::

Its Just for the general survey I want ..

Plz dont be shy to poll there ... Embarassed
Monkeydog
Agnostic.There is really no proof of a god or against it.Plus I hate religion.
Nameless
I am atheist. And I *could* post a 1000 word essay on why I am just to get frih$, but I don't think anyone would read it anyway, lol.
althalus
I'm atheist too. Not much to say, I just don't "believe"..
izcool
I am also an Athiest. I can also spit out a 1,000 word essay (if I were forced to) on why I am. I agree with the scientific explinations of life.

- Mike.
lockwolf
Christian and Damn proud of it! And I'll write a 1000 word essay to back up why I believe its real
leat397
Christian never die!
gonzo
Monkeydog wrote:
There is really no proof of a god or against it.Plus I hate religion.

There is really no proof of your existence. I don't hate monkeys.

Actually there is no proof of any first principle. I'm sure that won't stop you from reaping the logical consequences of advances in science or math. But if you wish to be consistent then you really shouldn't reply, much less use your computer or any technology.

Very Happy
Caxius
i'm Christian but i dont believe in nothing Confused
friscofrankie
Religion and god have nothing in common. Is there a god or not? Who's to tell? Buddhism is, in reality a philosophy bastardized into a religion.
AS Karl Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses"
There is a real cultural need for a higher power to guide and console. Without it so many would dispair, or, just nut up.
I'd have to choose agnostic.
Figure I'll know the truth in another 30 years or so...
Bondings
I think you'll have to replace "Other" by "Atheist-Agnostic" or even make it two seperate items. Wink

And yet another vote for atheist, by the way.
shwetanshu
i m hindu and we are taught all religions are equal
mark
I am a Hindu!
budazz
im a Christian...the other have many vote...i wonder what are the religions in that section Cool
budazz
Monkeydog wrote:
Agnostic.There is really no proof of a god or against it.Plus I hate religion.

why are you here?...
waiteck
I have no religion :p..
monty
religion is the way to.....achive god

But we the people of this world dont see it that way.

We divide ourself thru religion.

People of diff religion hate each other dont know why!

So i think......i Have NO religion.....

I am just a human being!
monty
waiteck wrote:
I have no religion :p..

agree with you dude
rexrae
Quote:
religion is the way to.....achive god

But we the people of this world dont see it that way.

We divide ourself thru religion.

People of diff religion hate each other dont know why!

So i think......i Have NO religion.....

I am just a human being!

I am a hindu by birth, but still i find myself as a christian,jew,muslim or buddhist because ...
all are just different roads to god and all the ways lead to god.Plus if one gets to god, realises it/him/her within oneself its best to discard religion, the roads taken for this; Its never important which road you took, but only your destination is important. and so i believe in a new religion GODDISM .. how abt that?? Pray
Xcelerate
If no one existed, it wouldn't make a difference, because we could all still be here. If everyone existed, it wouldn't make a difference either. The only thing we know exists is ourselves, so society says. But society isn't real, so that's wrong too.

In that case (no, this isn't spam), we can prove to ourselves that God does exist by our own nonexistence or existence. Either way you look at it, it's obvious someone would have had to create us, otherwise how could people question it?

So far, no one's understood this, but perhaps it may help someone out there.

P.S. 1 vote for Christian
Dimaod
I dont care whats the religion of other people....
I am Christian
xalophus
gonzo wrote:
Monkeydog wrote:
There is really no proof of a god or against it.Plus I hate religion.

There is really no proof of your existence. I don't hate monkeys.

Actually there is no proof of any first principle. I'm sure that won't stop you from reaping the logical consequences of advances in science or math. But if you wish to be consistent then you really shouldn't reply, much less use your computer or any technology.

Very Happy

"I believe God does not exist" and "I do not believe God exists" are two entirely different statements.
The former is questioning your beliefs, the latter is a statement of his own.

Having said that, we cannot compare God and the first principles.
nor can we justify our belief in one based on our belief in the other.

The scientific method of reasoning is observation, question, hypothesis,
testing, explanation.
When we observe an event or occurance, we question "why", then we propose a theory which we test till we are satisfied with the consistency (and reproducibility) of our actual observations and the predictions based on our theory.
In the belief in God, observation, question and hypothesis do exist.
But no test or explanation or as we call it, "proof".

That's why you can't compare the two.

Remember how we did science experiments back in school ? To see before we take it for a fact ?
What experiment, or anything else for that matter, ever proved the existence of God ?

That God exists is your belief.
Please don't use our belief in science to conversely justify your belief in God.

Monkeydog was (as I am) stating his belief, he was not questioning yours.
psycosquirrel
I'm Catholic.
afzal
I like the responce ..

Ohk here is my Q'n ::

According to muslims :: Hazrat Muhammad (S.a.w) is the final prophet ...

What your religon say in this regard ...??
frozenhead
I'm proudly Christian! Wink
I'm pagan/quaker...i don't really believe in a god as such, more a kind of mother nature type thing - we all have the power!!

How come they're all spelt right except chrisitanity.....it does have a name you know - or do they limit how many characters you can out in????
druidbloke
I would like to see a pagan section instead of having to click other, it does include beliefs older than any of the other religions there, so only fair I think Laughing
JayBee
I'm an atheist
Srs2388
I am Christian and proud of it I also could go on and on and on
and write a really long essay in saying why i belive in what i believe
but, i'll spare you guys time....
smooshkin
lies lies all lies.. religions bad ~END OF TOPIC!!!!~
rstrategos
In my english class this afternoon, my teacher was discussing a book written by a Christian Scientist. The book was talking about the human body. In the human body there are about 10 to the 28th power of atoms, now thats about 29 zeros which looks something like this: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. In other words there are that many atoms in your body. Even the universe doesn't have that many atoms. Do you honestly believe that that many atoms could have come together by chance to create a human body. In a cats body there are about 10 to the 26th power of atoms and thats still more complex than the universe. Then there are about 8 billion people on this word today. When I multiplied 10 to the power of 28 with 8 billion on my computers calculator I got this: 8.e+37 now I'm not too sure what this means but I'm guessing it means 8 to the 37th power or at least thats what it looks like. Think about it, that many atoms coming together to create our planet and supposedly all with a big bang. What are the chances of that, you have a better chance of being struck by lighning a couple million times. Can you honestly tell me that God does not exist?
Soulfire
He is the way, the truth, and the life. All who believe in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

In God we trust.

Cold is the absence of heat
Darkness is the absence of light
Evil is the absence of God

Of course, I'm Christian! Roman Catholic to be specific.
Sappho
rstrategos wrote:
The book was talking about the human body. In the human body there are about 10 to the 28th power of atoms, now thats about 29 zeros which looks something like this: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. In other words there are that many atoms in your body. Even the universe doesn't have that many atoms.

Thats just blasphemy, i honestly think that u cant believe that, i mean no one is that clueless. I ve read that book and it said something about that there are more atoms in human body than stars in Universe, but not atoms in Universe, each 15 years old kid with some knowledge of high school physics must know that.

rstrategos wrote:
Can you honestly tell me that God does not exist?

Yea i can honestly say that, its still more likely that u will be struck by lighting couple million times that there is some allmighty God. But as i said on this forums more than once its just so easy to put this God figure behind everything that we cant explain. I mean who is this God? Who created him/her? Where did it all start? Yea u can oppose with "He/She is eternal, allmighty, and was here since... forever" but come on, thats even stupider to believe in than big bang, but it sure is an easy way couse u dont need to explain anything. Smile
PaladinWiz
God bless you all! Razz
spelbound
I beleive in faith, but not sure where I stand on organize religion. Lately, I feel that people are altering their religion to suit their needs. But I think its safe to say that most people are searching for the truth. However...we will not know the truth until we pass, or cross over. I beleive in God, and I believe in the bible teaching, but what I find difficult, is all the different interpretations that have come along through the years.

I respect those that follow a certain faith, as it must be comforting to know that something or someone is out there looking after us. But I see so much confusion in this area, and so much sadness because of closed minded beleifs.

Hopefully, soon, we will have our answers.

Please, I dont want to offend anyone...I am just sharing my side.

Spelbound
rstrategos
Sappho wrote:
rstrategos wrote:
The book was talking about the human body. In the human body there are about 10 to the 28th power of atoms, now thats about 29 zeros which looks something like this: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. In other words there are that many atoms in your body. Even the universe doesn't have that many atoms.

Thats just blasphemy, i honestly think that u cant believe that, i mean no one is that clueless. I ve read that book and it said something about that there are more atoms in human body than stars in Universe, but not atoms in Universe, each 15 years old kid with some knowledge of high school physics must know that.

Ok, fine then. I made a mistake. The book said that the human body was more complex than the universe.

rstrategos wrote:
Can you honestly tell me that God does not exist?

Yea i can honestly say that, its still more likely that u will be struck by lighting couple million times that there is some allmighty God. But as i said on this forums more than once its just so easy to put this God figure behind everything that we cant explain. I mean who is this God? Who created him/her? Where did it all start? Yea u can oppose with "He/She is eternal, allmighty, and was here since... forever" but come on, thats even stupider to believe in than big bang, but it sure is an easy way couse u dont need to explain anything. Smile

God was not created, God has always been here and if you don't believe me, you'll definitly know when you die.
nam_siddharth
I am Buddhist as well as athiest.
Sappho
rstrategos wrote:
God was not created, God has always been here and if you don't believe me, you'll definitly know when you die.

Hehe, exactly what i was talking about, so basicaly for u is something like big bang hard to accept, but believing in someone allmighty that was always here is easy. I dont see the logic in that. Smile

And yea death is the ultimative answer, looking forward to that. Wink
Jobles25
Religion? Ha! It was creted to control the masses. People would say," Don't chop that dudes head off, God won't let you in." What if when you die, it's like going to one of those clubs that's like five in one? What is heaven isn't the coolest place to go when you die? They just have a bunch of rules that you have to follow to get in... kinda like this site, i'm sure it's not the only free webspace, but i'm willing to follow the rules because I don't feel like looking for another one. You get it? Think about it, if people new that when they died that was it, there was no punishment/reward for the life they lead, the world would be nuts. Did I get off-topic?