FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 3, 777 Permissions, and frih.org domain recovery.

cr3ativ3
Hello,

When I extracted my phpBB3 forum in DirectAdmin, it set all files+folders to 777. Now on many shared server setups, this would allow anyone with an account on the server, to read+write+execute. Is this the same on this server? I know you have the php setting that prevents users from accessing files above a certain level on the server... (I forgot the name of the setting.), not sure if this solves teh 777 problem.

Anyways let me know!

On another note, I deleted the subdomain.frih.org domain from directadmin... I attempted to restore it with the appropriate permissions and stuff... But whenever I visit it I get a 403 error.

I am pretty sure it is because, public_html for that domain does not have the GID of apache. Which I cant exactly change, so if I could ask one the administrators to fix that. I would appreciate it!
Bondings
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Hello,

When I extracted my phpBB3 forum in DirectAdmin, it set all files+folders to 777. Now on many shared server setups, this would allow anyone with an account on the server, to read+write+execute. Is this the same on this server? I know you have the php setting that prevents users from accessing files above a certain level on the server... (I forgot the name of the setting.), not sure if this solves teh 777 problem.

Anyways let me know!

On another note, I deleted the subdomain.frih.org domain from directadmin... I attempted to restore it with the appropriate permissions and stuff... But whenever I visit it I get a 403 error.

I am pretty sure it is because, public_html for that domain does not have the GID of apache. Which I cant exactly change, so if I could ask one the administrators to fix that. I would appreciate it!

About the 777 directories/files, normally it should not be possible for other users to access it. Now, of course, there is always the possibility of a workaround.

About the subdomain, you need to remove the (sub)domain from DirectAdmin (not the file manager, domain setup) and then add it back, that should normally be working.