FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain is about to exceed its bandwidth limit

shkhanal
Hi,

I'm confused! Since last four days I'm getting an information in my mailbox stating something like

The domain computeroperator.frihost.net (shkhanal) has reached 80% of its bandwidth limit (9048.68/10000.00 Megs).

!! Do not respond to this message. Your reply will go nowhere. !!

I was running www.psexam.com site on this account and the site is working good. There are above 1000 page visits per day. I guess the bandwidth consumption is natural.

What happens when it reaches the limit. There are still 3 days left for the month to end and I calculate, it will reach the limit by tomorrow. Is there anything I can do?
Bondings
If you go to the bandwidth details and the psexam.com domain, you can see the exact bandwidth details per day. It seems like there was a lot of bandwidth usage in the middle of the month (up to 700MB/day). Currently it seems to be about 150/200MB per month, so at this rate you'll reach the end of the month.
shkhanal
Thank you Bondings. Well, I'd tried to set up a forum and faced heavy spamming, so closed it. It might be due to that in the middle of the month. I wish to ask, is there any harm to me if it reached to the limit?
Bondings
shkhanal wrote:
Thank you Bondings. Well, I'd tried to set up a forum and faced heavy spamming, so closed it. It might be due to that in the middle of the month. I wish to ask, is there any harm to me if it reached to the limit?

Yes, your website is suspended at the end of the day you are over 10GB until the end of the month. But considering the month is almost finished, I doubt this will happen (and even then it would only be a day or so).
shkhanal
Oh God!

Thank you very much. I'm relaxed now. I was thinking if I need to shut down site for some day to stop exceeding it. Thank you once again.
Bondings
No there is definitely no need to shut down the website and if you're coming close to the 10GB, just ask me to make the limit a bit higher so it won't get suspended.
shkhanal
Thank you very much for your kind support. I was within the limit anyway. I am greatly relieved to know that you are so caring.

my sincere thanks!