FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

aggression against gay men

paytime
What do you think about gay men in general. Hope to hear some comments coming from guys who do not actually accept gays. Should be a serious conversation here...
tingkagol
Gay men are okay I guess.

I only get homophobic around gays who dress up in women's clothes, get their boobs done, change their genitalia to the 'one' they prefer, and start flirting with you aggressively. Those are the ones that scare me.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
paytime wrote:
What do you think about gay men in general. Hope to hear some comments coming from guys who do not actually accept gays. Should be a serious conversation here...

You sound like a gay-basher. Are you?
greeneyedtaxi
tingkagol wrote:

I only get homophobic around gays who dress up in women's clothes, get their boobs done, change their genitalia to the 'one' they prefer, and start flirting with you aggressively. Those are the ones that scare me.

this exactly.

gay men, for all that they try to change, are still men. which is why i prefer the gays of old Greece to the gays of the present. a lot of gay men today exaggerate their gayness. isn't homosexuality having an interest in the same sex? it doesn't really mean trying to be the other sex.
karysky
greeneyedtaxi wrote:
tingkagol wrote:

this exactly.

gay men, for all that they try to change, are still men. which is why i prefer the gays of old Greece to the gays of the present. a lot of gay men today exaggerate their gayness. isn't homosexuality having an interest in the same sex? it doesn't really mean trying to be the other sex.

Actually, that's not quite true. The gay men who exaggerate their gayness are but the peak of an iceberg. I have several gay friends... I even fell in love with one of them before he told me he was gay. How embarrassing. And they are all very put out and discreet about their homosexuality.

Truly, most of them don't boast about being gay. I love them, and I have NOTHING against them. As a matter of a fact, they're the best friend a girl can have Very Happy Because you can do anything with them without sexual tension!

As for the lesbians, I have many lesbian friends.

In fact, I really don't think we can judge a person on their sexual orientation. I guess we can judge them though on how they express it (I have nothing against drag queens either, but I understand why some people are quite uncomfortable with them).
zbale
paytime wrote:

Sorry, but I fail to see the connection between the title you gave the thread (aggression against gay men) and the way you tone things down in your initial post. Is this the question you wanted to ask:

"Are there people here who consider that aggression against gay men is ok, and would they explain how they can find it justified?"
meep
I got several gay friends, and they're all open about it (they even joke about wanting to do stuff with me Rolling Eyes ) they're great to hang out with because they know how to have fun Very Happy
zacky
paytime wrote:

Gays? hhhmmmm.... Well in our culture, there still a discrimination t gays. They have been accepted in public but not in everything. For example, most people here in my country, they don't hire gays as a hosts, reporters or what. I mean those jobs that deals with a person who will be a model of the community. But in my own opinion, i think gays should be accepted in all aspects coz still, they're still a man. A guy i mean. No matter what gender you belong, as long as your happy, you don't hurt anyone, it don't affects to others in a bad way, then you have the freedom to choose what feelings you have.
Joshwa
tingkagol wrote:

Dressing up in the opposite gender's clothes is beyond the scope of 'gay', see - transvestite. A sex change (boobs done, and changing of the genitals) is also beyond what it means to be gay. For this, see transsexual.

So really, you're averse to anything to do with changing gender (whether imitation or physical change), not gay people. 'Homophobic' isn't the right word to use.

greeneyedtaxi wrote:

this exactly.

What exactly do you know about the "gays of old Greece." If you are referring to a lover-beloved situation (in which an older adult male takes an adolescent boy as his lover), then you are likely crossing into the realm of pedophilia in today's society. I would be careful about referring to the "gays of old".

Furthermore, gay people do not want to change their gender, transsexual people do. See my point above.
iyepes
I have to accept I don't feel comfortable with gay people, but I don't judge them, I couldn't judge something I really can't understand.

So, I accept they are human beings as I am, so they deserve respect, but I really don't accept them.