FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain out of bandwidth?

wombatrpgs
Pretty sure that's what this means, right?

"This account has been suspended. Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Working from http://www.wombatrpgs.frih.net... Okay, so I wasn't aware I was pushing bandwidth here. Either something's screwed up and this isn't about server use or anything, or I have serious bot problems... I've noticed 15/16 guests trolling the main forums, but would that cause something like this? In that case, anyone know how to keep bots out of a PHPBB2 forum? (Does running AdSense hurt?)
SonLight
Perhaps it's not really out of space, but the wrong error message? If so, something could be wrong with a php page or other script you are running.

Can you get to your control panel page? If so, you can check for bandwidth exceeded. In any case, you might want to check a couple of other pages on the site and see if it always gives you the same error message.

edit: evidence left out due to 500 error when submitting long post.
mOrpheuS
wombatrpgs wrote:
Pretty sure that's what this means, right?

"This account has been suspended. Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Working from http://www.wombatrpgs.frih.net... Okay, so I wasn't aware I was pushing bandwidth here. Either something's screwed up and this isn't about server use or anything, or I have serious bot problems... I've noticed 15/16 guests trolling the main forums, but would that cause something like this? In that case, anyone know how to keep bots out of a PHPBB2 forum? (Does running AdSense hurt?)

Your forum is being targeted by bots and that, most likely, is the reason for bandwidth over usage.
Infact, more than 1GB of your traffic has been drained by one single IP address, with 48674 hits. (It belongs to a bot).

By installing certain anti-bot mods, it should be possible to secure your phpBB2 installation.
However, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version - and not just because it's more secure.
Bondings
I changed your bandwidth quota to 15GB to unsuspend your website (hopefully it's enough for the rest of the month).

Could you please try to solve this issue as fast as possible? Maybe by blocking the bots? If you get a lot of spam, maybe install a better captcha.
wombatrpgs
Okay, I'll get to installing some anti-bot stuff. Sorry.

Hate to be a pain, but it's still not back up. Not sure if the whole 15gb was used before I got to it or something else is up. (Or I could just wait until June). But anyway, I can't access through the control panel either to fix stuff before the site gets back online.
truespeed
Your site views fine for me.

wombatrpgs
Well that's a recent development. Tried and it works for me as well now. Thanks, I'll get to anti-bot measures.
AsadAnsari
Hi,
I have removed the bandwidth restriction which was 100mb but it shows the blank white page with this message:
" This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources. "

Please tell me how could i remove the error .. i know it was my fault when i put the limitation to bandwidth instead of giving it to disk usage to the domain..
And also one more thing in awstats it shows that i have used 246/100 mb limit ..

Please see my we and message me if you are not seeing this message ..
http://www.thelinguisticcentre.tk

Thank You!
Bondings
@AsadAnsari, you actually changed the bandwidth allowed of that domain to 0, causing it to be blocked the next time the bandwidth was checked. I changed it to share the total account bandwidth (the default option) and your website should be working fine again.
AsadAnsari
Thanx..
The problem was gone very next day!
cnitolo
Today I tried to access my site at the frihost.org and others at same domain (firhost.org) and nothing, there´s a problem with the server?
cnitolo
i´m new at frihost, looking at the posts above saw http://www.cybermilitia.net/frihoststatus/ link and the server 4 is down