FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihosters' Awesome Signatures!

ProfessorY91
Every time I browse the forums, I find myself reading signatures as well as the posts above them. I've seen some really cool signatures, but I have absolutely no idea how they are created or what they mean.

I have two questions... Maybe this isn't the right place to post this, but admin feel free to move...

1. What exactly does this mean, and how on earth do you join a group like this.
"Part of the Awesome Team!" - I've seen users that aren't admin add this.
"Part of the Mean Team! I ban people" (other than the fact that you ban people, of course).

Are there more teams? lol?

2. How do people make these things? Do you simply Photoshop them, or is there a site which hosts these images for your use (for the general sigs, like the linux one)?

Thanks to users Helios, SpellcasterDX, vineeth.

Oh and I'd love to see awesome signatures in this post also.

Y.
Diablosblizz
http://www.userbars.org/

Usually a great site to get pre-made Userbars. I believe it was rvec that had a tutorial on his site on how to make userbars (if not sorry!). Here's another web to make your own online:

http://userbarmaker.com/

I hope this helps!
ProfessorY91
It does, wow, thanks!
andredesignz
nice
deanhills
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Every time I browse the forums, I find myself reading signatures as well as the posts above them. I've seen some really cool signatures, but I have absolutely no idea how they are created or what they mean.

I have two questions... Maybe this isn't the right place to post this, but admin feel free to move...

"Part of the Mean Team! I ban people" (other than the fact that you ban people, of course).

2. How do people make these things? Do you simply Photoshop them, or is there a site which hosts these images for your use (for the general sigs, like the linux one)?

Thanks to users Helios, SpellcasterDX, vineeth.

Oh and I'd love to see awesome signatures in this post also.

Y.
I like to look at the avatars. I was wondering whether we should have a competition one day for people to select the best avatars. Some of them are really great.
paskifire
Love it.
Vrythramax
ProfessorY91 wrote:

Well...The "Mean Team" is a group of staff members who (allegedly) were mean to users by enforcing the Forum Rules...and getting people banned. We don't like to think of ourselves as being "mean" per se....simply efficient. Twisted Evil

The Awesome Team is and was created by a group of users in an attempt to compete with, or offset, the above mentioned "Mean Team".

I don't know if there are any more teams, I have been away for a little while and I am just getting back into the swing of things.
goutha
Maybe that my question is irrelevant, but with a text signature, does people earn more frihost points?

I don't have a signature, and I don't think that I'll add one.
anakin_skyrunner
goutha wrote:
Maybe that my question is irrelevant, but with a text signature, does people earn more frihost points?

No, don't think so - wouldn't make sense.
I won't add one either Wink
Vrythramax
goutha wrote:

No, your sig is added by the server, you only get points/FRIH$ for actually typing some sort of post.
Zombie
Good to know people are looking at the sigs =) There are also some great avatars around.
ProfessorY91
Thank you all. Frihost is a great community to be a part of. My questions are answered Smile
tony
I know it's not quite as cool as some of the others but I just updated my signature today ! So I though this would be a good place to share. Krondi is a new project I just released and am building the site for at the moment. Yellowcot has been in the works for a while and has a solid website behind it.
spring567
I don't case what my signature is , but that would be a good idea to use signature if it good for SEO.
Helios
I stole mine from the Internet (nice place, really) Razz

I really dislike that 'moderator' banner though, colours suck a lot, but it's the only one I could find Sad (Paying 30 FRIH$ for a better one)
Fatality
I usually try to make my own. I've gotten lazy though and just crop an image and use that.
jabce85
cool sites, thanks for the links!
Vrythramax
I'd just like to add that the graphics in my sig were brought to life by Ghost Rider103. Which reminds me, maybe it's time to rotate it again. Cool
[FuN]goku
I did my sig in photoshop a while back.. I think about 2 years ago or somewhere around there. Might of been longer.. meh..

The guy in the sig, is Adam Darski (a.k.a Nergal) from the band Behemoth.
It was cut out from this image
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/BehemothBAND.jpg/602px-BehemothBAND.jpg:
And at the time, my photoshop skills weren't the greatest (despite the fact this is my favorite sig that i've EVER done Razz ) but it took me about an hour to cut him out from that photo ( actually i had a higher res image than that one from wiki ), and i could probably cut it out in less time now.

Then theres also the pentagram in the background, which was cut out from a random image on google, and i added some effects to it.

Font, i actually forget what it was called, i think.. The blood of dracula or something like that. I wanted something that looked satanic or.. old english.

Then the background is just some random photoshop brushes i grabbed from deviant art. Not sure if you can see in this sig (i had to change it to fit frihost's sig regulations) but theres a border around it.

Also, when i was working on the sig, i did about 10 different versions of it. I was trying to add a fireball in his hands. And couldn't decide on any of the those, so i just decided NOT to use it at all.

Thats the breakdown of my sig as far as design goes. I spose my reasons for using the stuff that i used, was that, at the time, i really liked Behemoth, and it's when i started getting into that kind of metal Razz
Ghost Rider103
Vrythramax wrote:
I'd just like to add that the graphics in my sig were brought to life by Ghost Rider103. Which reminds me, maybe it's time to rotate it again. Cool

Thanks for pointing that out, Max. It's not often I get credited for the work I've done publicly. I really appreciate it.

Those images were done a very long time ago. Maybe its time I make a few more. When I get some free time I'll see what I can come up with and send them to you.

As to answer the question, I made my signature in Photoshop quite a long time ago. I don't do signatures often anymore, but that is how my design career actually began. By doing forum signatures.

I don't ever get the chance to make signatures anymore. I don't even remember the last time I made one. But I have made hundreds in the past 5 years I have been designing, so I really don't see a need to make anymore for myself as I have such a large collection of my own.
Vrythramax
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out, Max. It's not often I get credited for the work I've done publicly. I really appreciate it.

Those images were done a very long time ago. Maybe its time I make a few more. When I get some free time I'll see what I can come up with and send them to you.

As to answer the question, I made my signature in Photoshop quite a long time ago. I don't do signatures often anymore, but that is how my design career actually began. By doing forum signatures.

I don't ever get the chance to make signatures anymore. I don't even remember the last time I made one. But I have made hundreds in the past 5 years I have been designing, so I really don't see a need to make anymore for myself as I have such a large collection of my own.

I always give credit where credit is due. Very Happy

I'll have some more work coming your way soon ... we'll talk. Wink
Zombie
Those are some very nice signatures. I wish I had those kind of photoshop skills
Blaster
just keep in my the rules when creating userbars

Also I created the awesome team way back when the admins and mods created the mean team
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:

Also I created the awesome team way back when the admins and mods created the mean team

Sigs should also be accurate. You may want to check yours Blaster, there are only 2 Frihost Freaks.
Ghost Rider103
Vrythramax wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Sigs should also be accurate. You may want to check yours Blaster, there are only 2 Frihost Freaks.

Nor is the other part of his signature correct. He is no longer first in the Frihost Directory.

Though that is a bit off topic.
Vrythramax
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Nor is the other part of his signature correct. He is no longer first in the Frihost Directory.

He was still the First however.
pampoon
Does FriHost have an odd obsession with penguins? In just this topic there are three users with penguins in their avatars. And there are plenty of others around with penguins.

Is it the tuxedos?
Ghost Rider103
There is quite a lot of people on Frihost with Avatars/Signatures. But I think it is a Linux thing. Laughing

Anyways, back on topic.

It's nice to see so many people using the signatures I made to advertise the Frihost IRC channel. Hopefully this will help out the activity in the IRC channel. It actually has seemed to be helping. We have seen a few members back in the IRC that we haven't seen for quite some time. I hope to see even more people return to the IRC, especially Frihost members that have never been there before.
HalfBloodPrince
I made SpellcasterDX's userbar Very Happy
Vrythramax
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
There is quite a lot of people on Frihost with Avatars/Signatures. But I think it is a Linux thing. Laughing

Anyways, back on topic.

Seems comments/questions about sigs was the topic Wink

Ghost Rider103 wrote:
It's nice to see so many people using the signatures I made to advertise the Frihost IRC channel. Hopefully this will help out the activity in the IRC channel. It actually has seemed to be helping. We have seen a few members back in the IRC that we haven't seen for quite some time. I hope to see even more people return to the IRC, especially Frihost members that have never been there before.

Yes, it does seem like they are helping a bit. Some "Oldtimers" are stopping back in...and it's great to see them! Now this was off-topic. Razz
Donutey
I do really like the irc signatures, this is the first time I've seen them.
Hogwarts
Donutey wrote:
I do really like the irc signatures, this is the first time I've seen them.

Perhaps you should start using IRC? Credit does go to Ghost Rider103 for making them Smile

Perhaps it's better that these aren't in the userbar format? I mean, they would have been noticed anywhere near as much if they were. Thoughts?

Also, is it just me or are userbars going out of style? I'm beginning to see them less and less these days Surprised
ankitdatashn
anyhow they all seem nice!
Ghost900
I make most of my signature and don't put much time in them but I though about adding those user-bars but then decided not to.

As it seems this topic has evolved anyway.

I don't see as many user bars now, they may be fading, I am not in enough forums to know.

(Off-topic)I didn't even know Frihost had an IRC channel. Laughing Hmm, I wonder if this counts as my one thing I need to learn every day? Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
Ghost900 wrote:
(Off-topic)I didn't even know Frihost had an IRC channel. Laughing Hmm, I wonder if this counts as my one thing I need to learn every day? Rolling Eyes

Frihost has an IRC channel? Laughing
Ghost Rider103
Ghost900 wrote:

You should actually check out the IRC channel. I am surprised that you didn't know it even existed. Especially with all the advertising we have been doing around the forums.

Check out this thread to figure out how to join us: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-12060.html

Hope to see you there!
ProfessorY91
Interestingly enough, signatures is a broad enough topic that none of the offshoots here are really off topic at all. Ghost Rider103 your work is really quite amazing - you've singlehandedly turned making signatures into an art. Out of pure curiosity, I wonder if the IRC channel is used as as more of a discussion place or a place where frihosters seek help. I suppose its a little bit of both.

Quote:
The guy in the sig, is Adam Darski (a.k.a Nergal) from the band Behemoth.
It was cut out from this image

I've wondered about your sig!

Hogwarts wrote:
Also, is it just me or are userbars going out of style? I'm beginning to see them less and less these days

Damn, come on I just figured out what they were! And I had fun finding mine too! Laughing

I really wish I would have joined frihost way back when it was a small community - thats where you really established yourself, I guess.

This is an interesting topic to watch, I've got that heady feeling that any frihoster will recognize when their first post goes to a second page Smile
Ghost Rider103
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Interestingly enough, signatures is a broad enough topic that none of the offshoots here are really off topic at all. Ghost Rider103 your work is really quite amazing - you've singlehandedly turned making signatures into an art. Out of pure curiosity, I wonder if the IRC channel is used as as more of a discussion place or a place where frihosters seek help. I suppose its a little bit of both.

Thanks for the compliments, I enjoy designing quite a bit, it's nice to get some good feedback from people that I haven't done work for.

I think it is a little of both. People come in there once in a while and ask questions on design and programming subjects.

However, there are a select few of us that are in there quite a bit, pretty much daily just to chat, and we help each other out quite a bit if we have any questions. A few of us in the IRC channel are actually working on a website together, putting our experience together into one amazing website.

You should come check it out, we don't bite. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
I made a few more IRC banners, I posted them in the Official IRC Thread, which is stickied at the top of the General Chat forum.

Be sure to check them out!