FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars

Spartan
Whoaaaaaaaaa.... I just watched it for the first time, and I'm in love with it! 32 years since the original release isn't late at all, is it? Razz

I enjoy the style and characters the most, especially Obi Wan Kenobi (I watched Episode 1 so far, but gonna watch it from 456,123, the order of release). Yeah.. uhh.. I've been talking about it so much in school my friends are getting ticked off, especially since they've seen it all. They know how to shut me up though, by threatening to spoil it Razz

What are your thoughts on Star Wars, Episode 1, and the whole saga? PLEASE, don't spoil it! Razz
Radar
1 - Good, decent. Best of the new trilogy in my opinion. Or, at least, the most coherent.
2 - Feels like it lacks a distinct plot.
3 - I was half listening to this film at some hour of the morning, so I can't really give a valid review. Seems like there are too many inconsistencies and weird plot turns though, trying to make it fit with the original trilogy.
4 - The best. Classic.
5 - Good. Haven't seen this one enough times really, compared to the others.
6 - Very good. Nicely ends the original trilogy.
sondosia
I LOVE Star Wars. My favorite are 5, 6, and 3. 1 and 2 are eh, and 4 isn't that great either.

But that's comparatively speaking. All of them are great.
joostvane
Star Wars is great. It never gets old. Laughing

I would watch them in order of the story, not in order of release tough... It would make a lot more sense then and it will be more exciting.
Nutteloos
I would agree with Joost here, but the step from the ep. III climax (end of last movie) to the start of ep. IV (beginning of 1st movie) would be a big one. Story-wise, but also technically. The first three movies are a whole different caliber than the last three.

(different, not necessarily better)
tdossi
Hello. I found the first parts also best. I did not find the last parts then any more so good.
diabolical
They are all awesome!!!! YOU JUST NOW SAW IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Wow
juezy
Well George Lucas is definatly a Sci Fi Genious. Star wars have been going on for more than 20 years and thats only just the movies. Now you have hundreds of people writing books and making the cartoon version. I guess this stuff works.!
desonium
Star Wars is reallly good.
It is a shame that you did not see the movie before Cool
But better late than never Cool
traxion
welkom to the real world Razz

uhm.. there are some movies that you need to see once in youre lifetime ( the more the better ) and the star wars is one of them
rogue_skydragon
Star Wars is definitely a must-see for any average movie-goer.

My favorites are Episodes 4, 1, 5, and 3...in that order.
todabeat
my only nerdy feature is Star Wars....

it does rule
tdossi
Star War is great. I see every film. Very Happy
Blummer
I'm happy to hear that all 6 films will be presented in 3d. But only once a year. And I hope there will be next trilogy. If it's going to be a sequel based on the comics and books I hope there will be some Fisher, Ford and Hammil stuff...They are still here and I would like to see them in a movie like that.
dude_xyx
Star wars is the only one movie series I have never gotten bored watching even after probably more than 50 times. I don't like those three new Star wars movies much but I love all three old Star wars movies. I wish they had made more like those old Star wars movies continuing the story line. But Since all actors and actresses are way too old for that. lol

Too bad Gorge Lukas waited for such a long time to do another movie since the last old one.
Blummer
I wonder which ones would become more cult in that case. I mean, if he did many films one by one. And I wonder how he would manage to create jumping and fighting Yoda back in 80s.
Radar
Hopefully this means you now understand some cultural references that you didn't before.
dude_xyx
Blummer wrote:
I wonder which ones would become more cult in that case. I mean, if he did many films one by one. And I wonder how he would manage to create jumping and fighting Yoda back in 80s.

He did lot of things which were too good to be true in that age. I mean all the effects without much help from computers like today. If he had tried but sure he would have done it pretty good. He could had made movies about the New Republic.
codersfriend
which side are you on? Dark or light? Smile
menino
I love star wars.
Even to this day, the story is very compelling.
The special effects from that time are also awe inspiring to this day.
I mean ok, some of the visual effects can be seen through now, with the prominence of CGI animations, but at the time, 4 decades ago, they did it with props, and was an inspiration to millions if not billions of people all over the world.

My favourite was Return of the Jedi.
wgiplaza
I found the first parts also best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blummer
Anyone watched Star Wars, Episode 1 in 3D? Very Happy There is one surprise, I won't tell what it is...This will be a spoiler.
LostOverThere
Blummer wrote:
Anyone watched Star Wars, Episode 1 in 3D? Very Happy There is one surprise, I won't tell what it is...This will be a spoiler.

I did. Unfortunately that film's problems can't be overcome in 3D. Sad
Blummer
Actually even if it (or the whole old or new trilogy) was shown without converting to 3D, people would still visit the cinema, SW is one of those films which will always have audience, no matter what time will come.
dude_xyx
I think Gorge Lukas already told there won't be anymore Star Wars movies But one could hope. What do you guys think ? Will there be more Star Wars movies ?
Vanilla
Like Spartan, I watched the original movies a bit late too. I think it was in 2004. Razz

Now Star Wars is just a vital part of my nerdy self. I didn't consider myself a nerd at that time (even though I liked playing video games and reading encyclopedias just for fun), but then this movie (and a friend) opened my eyes. I'm a proud nerd now. Very Happy

dude_xyx wrote:
I think Gorge Lukas already told there won't be anymore Star Wars movies But one could hope. What do you guys think ? Will there be more Star Wars movies ?

I hope that George Lucas is serious about that... I love the original movies, but the new ones are just... Meh.
Blummer
dude_xyx wrote:

I would like to watch things like this. Because SW is not only about Luke or Anakin. I've read tons of SW comics - prequels and sequels and I can say there are at least 4-5 stories which can be made into films and they may be quite...I'm not afraid to say this - breathtaking, since there are more things explored concerning the Force or Sith history and more and more, hard to describe this.
welshsteve
Blummer wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

I would like to watch things like this. Because SW is not only about Luke or Anakin. I've read tons of SW comics - prequels and sequels and I can say there are at least 4-5 stories which can be made into films and they may be quite...I'm not afraid to say this - breathtaking, since there are more things explored concerning the Force or Sith history and more and more, hard to describe this.

Indeed, there were the series of Han Solo books that were released

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Han_Solo_Adventures

Plus there's numerous stories been released of things priors to Phantom Menace, and after Return Of The Jedi. Huge scope for more films.
cnitolo
I consider Star Wars the best serie ever made, and could very well continue since there´s material and money to invest in something that will surely also true.
Blummer
Now some news

Lucasfilm have been trying to crack a new live-action “Star Wars” TV series for years only for fans to continuously wait for any real momentum on the proposed idea, but a recent interview with a senior Lucasfilm producer has made fans cautiously optimistic. Rick McCallum, producer of the 3 “Star Wars prequels” indicated in an interview with Den of Geek that around 50 hours of ‘very complex’ material has been drafted and that the show is aimed at a more mature audience:

“Our biggest problem is that these stories are adult. I mean…these are like Deadwood in space. These aren’t for kids. I mean, we hope they’ll watch, but it’s not being targeted at 8-to-9 year old boys. The situation we have is that each episode – or if you put two hour long episodes together – is bigger than any film we’ve ever done. It’s on the Avatar level and we’ll only have about $5-6 million we can spend on each episode.”

More

http://whatculture.com/tv/star-wars-tv-series-will-be-deadwood-in-space-and-not-for-kids.php
Ankhanu
Vanilla wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

I hope that George Lucas is serious about that... I love the original movies, but the new ones are just... Meh.

As long as George isn't at the helm, new Star Wars material could certainly be worth while.

LostOverThere wrote:
Blummer wrote:

I did. Unfortunately that film's problems can't be overcome in 3D. Sad

Hence, I'll likely never see it in 3D Wink
That and the fact that it was conceived and directed as a 2D movie, and 3D conversion doesn't really work well. For 3D to work properly, scenes have to be framed/shot with depth in mind. All kinds of focal depth techniques and the like that work well in 2D don't work for 3D, cluttering up and distracting from the intended focal points.
dude_xyx
I guess star wars novels and games will keep coming. Maybe they will do a good movie in future too. Maybe someone else will do it. (not while Gorge Lukas alive though)
Tuvitor
I would love to see a different creative team tackle the prequels in a reboot. They could have been done so much better...

That said, the saga will go on... games, books, comics... even with the mistakes Lucas has made later in his career, the mythology he introduced the world to will never die...
Blummer
I think it's really worth to explore the prehistory of Empire era, there are great stories out there that can serve as background for future films. Star Wars is unique - one can film sequels for many ages.

I really wonder, in 100 years or more...will anyone ever try to film a reboot of Star Wars and in terms of costumes / other designs try to create different film (but keep the structure of the script)...
Maarja
Blummer wrote:
I think it's really worth to explore the prehistory of Empire era, there are great stories out there that can serve as background for future films. Star Wars is unique - one can film sequels for many ages.

I really wonder, in 100 years or more...will anyone ever try to film a reboot of Star Wars and in terms of costumes / other designs try to create different film (but keep the structure of the script)...

The novels themselves are quite amazing, even if they seem to have lost the original 'deeper meaning' that was characteristic of IV, V and VI. I personally loved Legacy of the Force, although it was a bit dark. Invincible is simply amazing.

The Expanded Universe is one of the most in-depth, thoroughly thought out canon in Sci-Fi that I know of. Wookiepedia, although sometimes wrong, is an excellent source and very interesting to read. Star Wars history is quite captivating, and I often discover new things on Wookie that I had yet to read. This is what makes Star Wars awesome. It is for (almost) anyone.

George Lucas himself may have had a few errors here and there recently, but overall his creation - Star Wars - defines an integral part of SciFi in pop culture.
LostOverThere
Maarja wrote:
George Lucas himself may have had a few errors here and there recently, but overall his creation - Star Wars - defines an integral part of SciFi in pop culture.

They say that the best movies are the ones who's stories extend beyond the film itself. That is to say, the characters have had a fleshed out back story and the writers know what happens to the characters long after the credits roll and the curtain closes. For all it's faults, Star Wars is a wonderful example of this. Its universe is immense.
Blummer
I used to think many times of SW as of example of alternative reality. I think there are really chances that something could happen like it was in SW timeline (it's not only about SW films), since there are so many stories, which deal with typical things we encounter everyday.
linux1993
Oh, they are amazing, very attractive. I have watched all of them when I was in middle school . So I can't remember which is the best one. Actually, they are all the best.
dude_xyx
I remember story snippet about a Jedi Ship crash lands on unknown planet where there witches who can use force. Yoda and a team sent to retrieve the ship But they get beaten by those local witches. I think it was in one of those Star Wars books or games. It would be great to see movies about things like these.
Blummer
Local witches...interesting...wonder what kind of witches.
darthrevan
I love Star Wars, I wish it was real LOL. I would probably be Sith. My favorite Star Wars character isn't even on the movies.
Mine is from the game Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, Darth Revan.
In my opinion Revan would beat Vader(in suit). Revan is quite strong in the force as well, though I guess probably not as strong as Anakin.
rogue_skydragon
It was announced a couple days ago that Disney has bought Lucasfilm for just over $4 billion USD. We can now expect a brand new Star Wars trilogy (Episodes 7-9) to come from this buy-out, and I can only hope Disney does a better job at this than George did with Episodes 1-3.
darthrevan
rogue_skydragon wrote:
It was announced a couple days ago that Disney has bought Lucasfilm for just over $4 billion USD. We can now expect a brand new Star Wars trilogy (Episodes 7-9) to come from this buy-out, and I can only hope Disney does a better job at this than George did with Episodes 1-3.

I have heard this on the radio today as well. It is crazy they sold the rights to Disney that is unexpected to me.
subhan1
star wars is awesome - what if I say disney has bought it Very Happy
darthrevan
subhan1 wrote:
star wars is awesome - what if I say disney has bought it Very Happy

The I would say your a little late posting it as news Smile
dude_xyx
I guess there will be another Starwars movie in next year or year after. Like everyone else I hope Disney would make a good movie. I don't want the movie series to be stopped but also crappy movie won't help at all either.

Wonder which will be their movie based on. Rise of Darth Vader or about the New Republic.
Radar
I can't decide whether I think it will be a disappointment, or an exciting addition. I mean, it's hard to imagine it working. Because if it did work, and was awesome, so many people would be ridiculously excited for the next two. The hype would be huge.

But given so many people's mixed feelings about Episodes I - III, you kind of hope that they do want to turn it around.
rogue_skydragon
There's obviously tremendous expectation coming from the Star Wars fan base for these next films to be good. That being said, there is tremendous pressure on the director, whoever the new one may be, to make these new films good, but I'm not worried in the slightest. Why? Because Disney said themselves that they want these new films to be original and not based on the Expanded Universe. That to me a step in the right direction Smile
darthrevan
I believe it would be about sidious clone from episode eight. Of course I can be wrong since nothing has been said. Though it would Mae sense I believe.
rogue_skydragon
They are only 2 years away from their scheduled release date, and they still haven't announced a director for Star Wars Episode 7! I'm getting pretty anxious.
Pande
We do know however that Mark Hamill is confirmed to be returning. I think Ford also.

Personally, in terms of story, I think they will pick up off the last movie but many years later, as Luke builds his Jedi Praxeum.
dude_xyx
Pande wrote:
We do know however that Mark Hamill is confirmed to be returning. I think Ford also.

Personally, in terms of story, I think they will pick up off the last movie but many years later, as Luke builds his Jedi Praxeum.

Both Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are pretty old now so it the movie must be about the New Republic, if these two guys gonna play roles. I wonder Carrie Fisher will be there too doing princess Leia cast.
manverupl
Star Wars is the best Science fiction movies ever made in my opinion of course. I telling here about the 4, 5 and 6 part. The were fantastic what's more if we look when they were created and what equipment they use. The 1, 2 and 3 parts are worse but not very. I think that there are to many technique in them, and the main storyline may by better, but it's still great.
Something about music: In every part the music is best, John Williams created a very climatic soundtrack for these movies.

Now it's time for Clone Wars. The topic was Star Wars so I can't miss it. In my opinion Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a good anime. The story line is a little different from main story created in movies, but it' still not as bad. The characters are created very well there are no same characters(maybe without Clones) every character have his own story. If i must rate the SW: CW I'll rate it 7/10.

What is your opinion about SW:CW?? I ask because anybody earlier don't post about this.
dude_xyx
I wonder what they meant by "adult" and not for kids. Because most of today die hard star wars probably were kids then they saw it for first time. I hope think "adult" thing is not something like those 18+ movies. Should stick to the original flow. What is not broken shouldn't be fixed.
hamarat007
Excellent film series.New series are coming.
welshsteve
I just hope now Disney have it that we don't have to listen to Harrison Ford sing LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing
dude_xyx
welshsteve wrote:
I just hope now Disney have it that we don't have to listen to Harrison Ford sing LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Harrison Ford is too old have this kinda action. I have to check what happens to Chewbacca in the end.
Blummer
So JJ Abrams in action, to direct the future film. Also Disney revealed there are plans to create some spin-offs - for separate characters. I don't mind and I personally approve this and I can back this by the fact that the comic books on separate characters' bios are really enjoyable.
rogue_skydragon
Blummer wrote:
So JJ Abrams in action, to direct the future film. Also Disney revealed there are plans to create some spin-offs - for separate characters. I don't mind and I personally approve this and I can back this by the fact that the comic books on separate characters' bios are really enjoyable.

Yeah, rumor has it that Disney is planning to produce a film about the young Han Solo, and another film about the adventures of Boba Fett! I'd pay to see both for sure.
Blummer
So would I... It has more to with the latest tendencies of create spin-offs, but at the same time this is something definitely worth filming. Particularly with Han Solo. It can all about his life before he met the rebels and I can imagine how dramatic they will make it. I even think he may have some sort of romantic story with someone and then fall out and give up..this could really be tied with ep. 4-6, where he finally found his real one Smile But I want the films to concentrate more on the other sides of the stories, we've seen romance in previous ones.
testsoc
Disney is a varied company. They didn't ruin other franchises they've bought in recent years. Don't see why they'd do it with SW.

The only danger really is overkill - three movies, a bunch of spinoffs, merch etc.
Blummer
Well it has long time ago turned into a big cow, which everyone still milks and I can't imagine overkilling the franchise...the only thing I care about is a sort of magic of the story on-screen and I hope JJ will try to keep that sort of atmosphere we've loved.
crazyfffan
I love episode 1 and 2, watched then when I was a kid, and my mom brought me a racer game of Starwar. I still have copies of all episodes in my computer, watching them now really brings back my childhood.
biolu
Just one thing to say: great movie! Everyone should at least watch it once in their life!
Blummer
Bumping this one since it's been the second day the new film trailer has been discussed

dude_xyx
New movies trailer looks promising. Interesting sword that Sith guy have. One like from Crusaders. Also Anyone watched the Starwars Rebels animation series ?
Ankhanu
dude_xyx wrote:
New movies trailer looks promising. Interesting sword that Sith guy have. One like from Crusaders. Also Anyone watched the Starwars Rebels animation series ?

The new trailer was pretty spectacular... it definitely has a proper "Star Wars" feel.
That Sith's lightsaber is kind of interesting, but, certainly not unique within the context of the EU; it's been done before. On a side note, I'm really quite hopeful that the actor in that black robe is Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones. The way the figure kind of stomps along is fairly reminiscent of Brienne, and they're appropriately tall/lean looking.

I haven't seen any of Rebels yet, but have watched some of the early trailers/mini-sodes and it likewise looked fairly promising. I've heard of a couple characters and items in use or mentioned in the show that hail from the Star Wars Ropeplaying Game from the late 80s through 90s, which, as someone who played the game a lot, really appeals to me!
Blummer
I really don't mind changing the style a bit, applying some JJ specific colors or even effects to it (though I understand he said he's not going to overuse the amount of lens flare he has with every work).
dude_xyx
New Star Wars rebel series is pretty good. I love the final episode of first season. There was an character from old Star wars animation series whom I was wondering what happened. Im very happy this reappearance of this character and I think second season will be great !
Blummer
765.9 million $ gross so far for the new film Very Happy and counting. Haven't been to cinema yet, for some reasons, but I'll see the film one of these days.
loveandormoney
Spartan wrote:
Whoaaaaaaaaa.... I just watched it for the first time, and I'm in love with it! 32 years since the original release isn't late at all, is it? Razz

I enjoy the style and characters the most, especially Obi Wan Kenobi (I watched Episode 1 so far, but gonna watch it from 456,123, the order of release). Yeah.. uhh.. I've been talking about it so much in school my friends are getting ticked off, especially since they've seen it all. They know how to shut me up though, by threatening to spoil it Razz

What are your thoughts on Star Wars, Episode 1, and the whole saga? PLEASE, don't spoil it! Razz

Its fun
its pleasure

and we all
will soon
all 9 movies.

Visit the cinemas.
Insanity
Episode 1 was terrible, as was all the other prequels. THe original trilogy is the best, although this new series seems like it would be good as well.
loveandormoney
And Episode 2 is bad out of Your view too?

It s no problem. We like the movie and the movies.
So watch part VII and tell us, is this bad or good enough also?
Ankhanu
loveandormoney wrote:
And Episode 2 is bad out of Your view too?

Episode II is the worst of the whole franchise.

loveandormoney wrote:
So watch part VII and tell us, is this bad or good enough also?

The Force Awakens was a pretty dang good movie, IMO. It wasn't spectacular, it didn't blow me away, but, it felt like the original trilogy; it felt like Star Wars... which is all we could have realistically hoped. I was pretty pleased with it.

JJ Abrams et al. did well to learn from the mistakes of the prequels trilogy, of which there were many, and made things right. I mean, sure, the movie has its problems, but, scope, pacing, flashiness, casting and direction largely weren't among them. The movie is fast paced, has just enough action, sticks to one plot line, and the acting was exactly as serious and as hokey as it needed to be. A lot of people complain that the plot too closely followed that of the original, but, I didn't find that to detract from the movie, and I think it kind of needed to be that way to help reboot the franchise and bring in the new story. You have to nod to what came before to set the stage for what is to come, and it's been long enough between that leaning heavily on the original is appropriate.

The biggest departure in tFA versus the prequels is that the cast and direction made us care about what happened to the characters, and care where they were going. The prequels completely failed in that regard; they had lots of action and flash, but they didn't get the audience invested in the people carrying out the action... they were flat and boring and you were just waiting for the next impressive visual.

So, in essence, The Force Awakens; thumbs up.
loveandormoney
Many people now wath the new movie.
And they like it.
During Xmas 2,015 millions and millions of people saw the film and they are happy.

Are You happy too?

Enjoy the movie.
Blummer
Nevertheless, I've really enjoyed every single moment of the film. At least there were no stupid moments or just minimum of those. There are too many details in the film one needs to research and evaluate. For example, a tiny one - while the scene with Finn drinking that dirty water might seem funny (to some), it was a moment of desperation and at the same, very emotional, though it was a short one. There are pieces like these all over the film.

Don't forget - there's an official novelization by the great Alan Dean Foster and already there have been discussions on the web regarding the elements of the film - further explained in the book (for example, Ren's emotions after he...well, I'm trying to keep to spoilers at minimum.)

I've also enjoyed the music - and have listened to the soundtrack ever since those days. And I particularly love the last, end credit track and the very-very ending of it, the last few seconds.

loveandormoney
We are sure
We ll see the movie more than twice.