FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are we GREEN?

klownsrus
Post your comment, Do you think your country, state city, is GREEN, are things going solar, not wasting energy, are people taking action to prevent global warming?

Post back and see other peoples and you will be suprised!
Cliffer
so far as i see,china is not GREEN. many factories,restaurants produce pollution and rubbish,many rivers in eastern cities are black.
but the govnment is trying to make city green.we'll see.
ocalhoun
klownsrus wrote:
are things going solar, not wasting energy, are people taking action to prevent global warming?

It saddens me to see that this is the extent of the definition of environmentally friendly now.
If we keep going the way we are, the planet will be ruined long before global warming has any discernible effect.
klownsrus
I seriusly think we are to late to make the world green, with the population going up, more cars the produce gas emissions. Like my enviromental teacher said taught me about the garbage in the ocean that gets piled up from the currents and it all ends up in one spot the size of Texas, why aren't we seeing anything done about that.
Insanity
ocalhoun wrote:
klownsrus wrote:
are things going solar, not wasting energy, are people taking action to prevent global warming?

It saddens me to see that this is the extent of the definition of environmentally friendly now.
If we keep going the way we are, the planet will be ruined long before global warming has any discernible effect.

True, but I would say that global warming exacerbates a lot of other problems, so doing our best to mitigate it is a good choice. Each issue doesn't exist in a vacuum, and we need to realize how all these problems are interconnected.
Cliffer
if we make the earth GREEN,first we should reduce cars and planes,and many industrial factories?but can we live better without them?
medesignz
Is blackle still around?
Jinx
I see more and more wind generators all over the place... huge wind farms in Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, Illinois and other states. I'm seeing more solar panels than I used to, also.

But then, I drive through parts of California and I see whole acres of desert just covered with shredded plastic bags caught in the scrub brush.

More people seem to be driving hybrids, but there are still mostly SUVs on the road.

Almost every car that passes us in the city has only one occupant - don't they realize they could cut traffic in half just by sharing rides?

I go into Wal-mart and make a purchase, then fill a garbage bag with the packaging from whatever I just bought - do we really need to use a cardboard box, a plastic bubble, more cardboard, and cellophane wrapper just for one item?

I walk through the health and beauty section and I see disposable razors by the ton - I wonder how many people use them once and toss them? Why can't they use a traditional razor - then only the blade becomes waste.

More people are using canvas shopping bags instead of getting the plastic bags at the store - most of them still go for plastic though.

There is so much more we could be doing to save resources and keep our planet clean, but it seems like most folks prefer a little convenience over making an effort - despite the cost to our planet.
klownsrus
yea, but thats not even helping the carbon dioxide problem, it still pollutes to make the steel frames and blades of the wind turbines. I think Earth is way to deep, i think the world will never be green
asterobus
in any case internet is green may be not windows (lol they sell cd ...) but yes we are green
asterobus
linux for sure
farmerdave
Last time I checked I'm more of a tan color. If I'm green, that is an indication of something bad a brewing.
farmerdave
I neglected to mention that I am thoroughly convinced that the evidence for global warming is not legitimate, is flawed, erroneous, intentionally skewed, etc. So, I'm not too worried about global warming in general or about man caused global warming, for which there is significantly less evidence. That said, I think it is the right and responsible thing to take care of the environment, as well as a God-given mandate.

So, are we green? That depends on how you define "green" as you use it. We don't live here without producing pollutants. So, realistically the answer is "no". We can try to reduce our pollution, which is a worthy cause, but realistically we need to focus on being responsible. I grow landscape plants, so that probably makes me a lot more green than the next guy who drives a Hybrid Prius, sips green tea, and has mounted a windmill and solar panels on the roof of his house to provide his power.

[By the way, I'm for harnessing other sources of power, but the sheer stupidity of making moves which effectively raise power bills to the point of doubling or tripling their bill is utter foolishness. People who are already struggling aren't going to find any relief in such absurd moves, only starvation and poverty.]
pscompanies
Singapore is GREEN!
klownsrus
is anyone upset about Gm and the politic desion, when Gm came to get their ailout the politics critized them about taking their jet there, adn now a few months later the politics are getting like 7 BRAND NEW JETS. Thats not right!
jabce85
No one is "green" and probably won't be within the next 500 years. I wish people actually understood what was going on with this whole "going green" nonsense.
sumit_ghosh
I do see some changes taking place for a "GREEN " Kolkata.... People are slowly becoming concious of their impact on the environment.....