FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need to buy a domain. One payment only, no monthly fees.

fruitcakelyts
The title sums it up/ just a .com adress that I can use.
mathiaus
This is how all domains are registered. You purchase your domain for a certain number of years. Monthly charges are for other services such as hosting, email etc.

Just search for domain registrar.
Bondings
Domains cost a bit less than 10$ per year. Buy them from a registrar like Namecheap.
ravikanth
Can you tell about these registrars? How do those people get authorisation to give out domain names? From what I know there is no central authority which regulates internet. If that is so how do these registrars operate?
muzikeye
godady
technobird
are best for domain
Bondings
ravikanth wrote:
Can you tell about these registrars? How do those people get authorisation to give out domain names? From what I know there is no central authority which regulates internet. If that is so how do these registrars operate?

Yes there is a central authority. Each domain extension has its own organization responsible for assigning the domains. Then there are the domain registrars (companies) that are allowed to offer registration. The companies mentioned are registrars.
b4r4t
Bondings wrote:
ravikanth wrote:

Yes there is a central authority. Each domain extension has its own organization responsible for assigning the domains. Then there are the domain registrars (companies) that are allowed to offer registration. The companies mentioned are registrars.

Well ... there is something more ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN

And by the way ... @fruitcakelyts You can buy domain using an registrar like ppl said above ... I have few domains in domainsrightnow.com ...
Just pick a big one to be sure that it will not disappear ... then You have to get hosting (on frihost for example) and point the domain to this host acc Smile

Look for promotions like 1st year cheaper or so Smile