FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HP 360n Pavilion no video signal.

nhatoday
I tried to upgrade memory for my HP desktop computer. I don't know what I touched, but now, when I turn on my computer, the monitor doesn't detect any signal from the PC, it says "check the PC and the video cable". I connect another monitor to the PC and it got the same problem. Anyone knows what wrong with my PC, what can i do to fix this problem?
thanks.
william
Well, the first thing I would do is try reseating the graphics card if you have a dedicated one.
gilwe
Yep, reseating the video card, and if that doesn't help, reseat the memory chips.

If it still doesn't boot, you might want to reverse the changes you made and see if it loads up again,
you might have done something wrong.
Donutey
I would reseat the memory first. It sometimes takes more pressure than you would expect to fully seat the RAM stick. You should hear a click on both end of the stick when it's in all the way (or just look to see if the little clips on the motherboard are seated in a "c" cutout on the RAM stick).

If that doesn't fix the problem , remove the RAM you added and see if the computer works then.

If that doesn't work, double check all cables etc. And try again.

If that doesn't work, report back here with any noises (beeps etc) that the computer is making.
nhatoday
Thanks for reply, when I turn my computer on. It seem like run fine, CD and DVD are running. The power light is on but still cannot get any video from the computer. it keep ask to check the Video cable.
guggs
Given what changes you've made and the external symptoms, it's almost certainly a memory problem. Put it back to how it was before the memory upgrade, making sure the chip(s) is well seated then try booting it.