FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My aunt and her broken leg, yet again ...

Wolf1918
Yes, it's me again ...
sorry, I'm venting!!

My aunt is almost exactly 30 years older than I am and about 34 years older than my uncle (her youngest brother). She helped to raise us when we were kids, teens and young adults. Yes, we both had mothers who loved us, but it was a huge combined family and my aunt was always there. She was a second mother.

Several years ago I spent six years being caregiver to my mother and working full-time until she finally wasted away and just gave up. A year later I fell in love with a woman who had a heart/lung condition, she needed a transplant to survive. I became her caregiver for 11 years while I watched her die a slow painful death. Now, I am helping to care for my aunt while my own body is beginning to fail and my mental health has taken a nose-dive.

Last December, just after Christmas, one of the most loved nieces in the family died of inoperable brain tumors. A few months before, my uncle's Godfather died. In February my aunt fell in the bathtub and hit her head and had to spend two weeks in the hospital. Now she's in the hospital again and when she gets out she will go to a nursing home for rehab for 6 to 8 weeks. Then MAYBE she might be able to come home. Life is hell, I just wonder ... what's next?

Chad