FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could you please disable Safe Mode for me?

Stormrage
One of my php scripts uses imagemagick which uses functions which are not available on Safe Mode and return exec() and escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons I'm sure this is the case, because I even set all the permissions at one time to 777(recurringly) and even reset owner to all the files and dirs(which caused worse problems). All I want is animated gif thumbnails and gd cannot supply this to me Sad
I hope someone can help me, it would be very much appreciated!
Diablosblizz
exec() is disabled for a pretty valid reason. One simple file slipped onto the server then used exec() to execute it and bam there isn't a sever anymore. I highly doubt that you'll get it enabled, and if you do I'll be damned.
Stormrage
Are there any makeshift functions?
Diablosblizz
I don't believe so, and why do you need exec() to create a animated gif? I've used programs that make the image on your computer then you upload them. I forget the names, but a quick Google search will probably reveal them.
Stormrage
Well an imageboard kinda needs to be automated. Should I make the users upload a thumbnail with tthe actual image?
Diablosblizz
I just don't understand why you need to execute something on a server?
Stormrage
Nevermind, I'll just use static thumbnails...
Bondings
It's not safe mode, but a few disabled functions (like exec). They are disabled since they make it very easy for hackers and we already had quite some problems with these kind of things.
rvec
but you can use gd instead of imagemagic to do those things (I think).
cr3ativ3
Diablosblizz wrote:
exec() is disabled for a pretty valid reason. One simple file slipped onto the server then used exec() to execute it and bam there isn't a sever anymore. I highly doubt that you'll get it enabled, and if you do I'll be damned.

Bondings wrote:
It's not safe mode, but a few disabled functions (like exec). They are disabled since they make it very easy for hackers and we already had quite some problems with these kind of things.

Most of those problems would not exist if the server was running SuPHP Very Happy