FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alcohol

andredesignz
Alcohol

Having a drink is sociable, enjoyable and, in many societies, part of the culture. Alcohol is also relaxing and eases inhibitions. A moderate amount may actually help to protect the heart and circulation.

However, one in four men drinks too much and too often. If you regularly go over the top with your drinking then you'll end up damaging your body.

Drinking too much alcohol is also often responsible for accidents, poor work performance, relationship problems and crime. Whatever else you do with alcohol, never drink and drive.
How much do you drink?

I drink very lite
natilovesmike
I don't drink. I used to drink when I went out dancing when I was a teenager, luckily nothing bad ever happened, but it could have. Now I don't drink because I really don't like the taste of it, and because it hurts my stomach a lot. And to be honest I don't even miss it.
Vrythramax
I also quit drinking for health reasons. The benefits (???) just where not worth the potential damage to my body. Drinking in moderation can, under certain circumstances be very enjoyable.

Knowing when you have had enough, and especially when drinking has become a problem to either yourself or those around you, is all important.

All in all, drinking just isn't worth the adverse effects.
andredesignz
Well its a good thing you stop cause its not good for one's health if ingested too much
andredesignz
andredesignz wrote:
Well its a good thing you stop cause its not good for one's health if ingested too much

ok kool i follow u
wanshi
andredesignz wrote:
Alcohol

Having a drink is sociable, enjoyable and, in many societies, part of the culture. Alcohol is also relaxing and eases inhibitions. A moderate amount may actually help to protect the heart and circulation.

However, one in four men drinks too much and too often. If you regularly go over the top with your drinking then you'll end up damaging your body.

Drinking too much alcohol is also often responsible for accidents, poor work performance, relationship problems and crime. Whatever else you do with alcohol, never drink and drive.
How much do you drink?

I drink very lite

I Gree
guissmo
I don't drink much. I just drink whenever there are parties of my close friends. House parties. I wouldn't dare getting drunk in a bar. It's too much of a hassle and too much of a risk.

When I am at a good friend's house, I know I'll be taken care of if I pass out.
Nameless
Alcohol = tasty.
Getting drunk = stupid.
Extent to which drunkenness is assumed or encouraged in certain social situations = worrying.

That's pretty much how I see things.
Helios
I don't like the taste of alcohol, and I pretty much like being in control.
The 'worst' drink I'd drink will be something like wine, beer or a very tasty liquor.
Vladalf
I sometimes drink red or white wine in the afternoons. It's said it does alot of good things for your body if drank in little quantities.
Vlad
watersoul
Perhaps stupidly I decided to not drink anything this weekend, it's a public holiday in the UK on Monday as well so 3 days off work for most people - the trouble is everyone I know is getting drunk in a bar or a party somewhere and being sober it's all a bit boring now...drunken jokes and conversations just don't seem as fun when you havent had a drink yourself!

Hmm, do I stick with it or just join them? I gave up smoking 2 days ago as well so there's a risk I'll break after a drink or two...Argh! ...see what happens later I suppose hehe Wink
mtorregiani
I like to drink, but not too much... I enjoy having a beer with friends for example.
driftingfe3s
I should drink a bit less when I go out. For one thing its a lot of empty calories, and number two it sucks waking up in the morning and your mouth taste like patron.
tingkagol
I drink at least once a week, and when I do I can consume about four 500ml bottles of beer before getting drunk. I never drink alone (I keep it as a rule), and I stop when I feel I should. We never really go "wild" anymore (those naive college days are long gone), we just indulge ourselves in both serious and nonsensical conversations and it's something I really like about having a drink with friends.
pumpin
I only drink at outings with friends, I wouldn't for any reason get into a bar for liquor. Am not addicted to it. sometimes, i may even decide not to drink Wink
Greatking
there is this scripture that always pop up in my head anytime there is talk about alcohol, proverbs 20:1 wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. anytime i see people drinking or hear them talking about alcohol, i pity them. cause if you were wise you would not take alcohol. thats what my bible tells me and i have seen men destroyed cause of alcohol, the implications are unmentionable. soem loose their self control, you will is directed by alcohol, it is sometimes referred to as spirit. it rules your thinking and attitude. some are able to control it but in the long run it does affect somehow either healthwise or workwise. i tell people there is alcohol in most of the food we eat so why should i bother myself taking in more. it becomes poison thereof.
desonium
Im not an addicted drinker, but I am drinking many beers every week. This is because I live in a small village were everybody drinks a lot. So it is culture and everybody drinks so the most people automatically learn how to drink.
I drink every thursday after my soccertraining and sometimes on tuesdays after the training, but that is often. Further I drink every saturday a lot, because we go out. And sometimes on sunday when our selection plays. And further on birthdays of course Cool
dr2g0n
es bueno pero no tanto para tirara una nota nada mas

Edited by Vrythramax - Please post in English unless in the appropriate Language Forum.
Melacos
It's the classic, which can (amongst other versions) be put: Should you enjoy life to the fullest (given that alcohol would be a positive factor in this) or should you try to stay alive and preserve your body in the best way possible?

I don't know the answers - obviously it changes with perspective.

I myself drink some weekends to get drunk, but definitely not as often as earlier. Also I might grab a beer with a buddy after getting home from the uni...
missdixy
I drink semi-heavy but only at night in my house with my boyfriend and/or a few friends. Or else somewhere where I know I won't need to drive myself home. I don't do it too too often though.
missdixy
Vrythramax wrote:
I also quit drinking for health reasons. The benefits (???) just where not worth the potential damage to my body. Drinking in moderation can, under certain circumstances be very enjoyable.

Knowing when you have had enough, and especially when drinking has become a problem to either yourself or those around you, is all important.

All in all, drinking just isn't worth the adverse effects.

Hi Max! Just saw your post on here and had to say it: WELCOME BAAAAACK Dancing
ProfessorY91
It may be hard to believe, but even as a teenager I've never drank, nor have I ever intentionally tried to drink. Some religions engrave the dangers (or in my case the prohibition) of alcohol into your head so clearly, that all temptation is lost. Nothing good ever came of the forbidden fruit, why should Alcohol be any different?

Of course, as with any opinion, it's a matter of perspective.

Y
tony
andredesignz wrote:
Alcohol

How much do you drink?

I drink very lite

Thanks for asking! I drink wine often, but that is about it. And I am always careful when I do it, and don't drive afterwards Smile This is my personal choice, and self philosophy! Smile
paskifire
i drink twice a week.
Josso
A glass of wine per day is said to be good for you. I drink fairly ridiculous amounts on nights out with my friends like most people my age in the UK do. It's quite a sad binge drinking culture we have over here. I follow the trend because alcohol is a good social drink and increases that chances that the night out will be hilariously good fun. A nice cold beer on a summers evening is a great way to relax as well. As mentioned earlier... don't really see the appeal in drinking on your own (?)
Fatality
I have never had a drink in my life. I have tasted beer and wine, but that is all the alcohol I have consumed. I never understood why people would go to parties and drink until they pass out. Unless I'm missing something I don't feel like I've missed out on any of the fun. That's just me.
Vrythramax
missdixy wrote:
Hi Max! Just saw your post on here and had to say it: WELCOME BAAAAACK Dancing

Hi dixy...Yes, it's really me. Smile

I'm back after a long holiday, and ready and eager to get back to my posting habits...I wonder how long it will take till someone flames me. Laughing
mattyj
I dont drink very much...I did back in university days....

Now i only drink if the kids are away on holidays...Its hard too coz the pub is right next door!!

but i do love Beer and Bourbon
medesignz
I drink alot... I find it fun and relaxing

I dont drink to excess, to which I am falling over in the streets or making a prat of myself, but I dont ever restrict myself.

Knowing ones own limits is the only way forward, I would never preach to anyone regarding their habits, unless it was a serious serious problem.

People know how to look after themselves, and dont need to wrapped up in feathers.

I drink alot... I find it fun and relaxing... Laughing
misterXY
Quote:

The Beer Song
What is the malted liquor.(beer)
What gets you drunker quicker?
What comes in bottles or in cans?(beer)
Can't get enough of it,(beer)
How we really love it,(beer)
Makes me think I'm a man,(beer)
I can kiss and hug it,(beer)
But I'd rather chug it,(beer)
Fill my belly up to here,(beer)
I could not refuse a,(beer)
I could really use a,(beer)
Beer, beer, beer.

I can't remember how much I have had,
I drank a twelve pack with my dad, BURP!
That's my son the drunken manly stud,
I'm proud to be his bud,
Here have some pretzels,
No!
I'll call it quits,
Those things give me the Schlitz!

Drink with your family,
Drink it with your friends,
Drink till you're fat,
Stomach distends,
Beer is liquid bread it's good for you,
We like to drink till we spew,
EW
Who cares if we get fat,
I'll drink to that,
As we sing once more.

What is the malted liquor,
What gets you drunker quicker,
What comes in bottles or in cans (beer)
Can't get enough of it,(beer)
How we really love it,(beer)
Makes me think I'm a man,(beer)
I can kiss and hug it,(beer)
But I'd rather chug it,(beer)
Fill my belly up to here,(beer)
Golly I adore it,(beer)
Come on dammit pour it,
Do it for me,
Brew it for me,
Feed it to me,
Speed it to me.(beer)

The most wonderful drink in the world.
Hooray

Do l need to explain my opinion any further? Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsI4327l87w
(btw l hate anime.)
skygaia
Alcohol had been one of the important thing for all adult men to live as a member of society. our race has liked to drink. even there are lots of side impacts to drink too much. but some people have thought a man, who could drink too much, coud be a real man. Of course, I don't think so.
So when I got the first job, I got to have drinking too much every day even thou I didn't want it sometimes.
proper drinking is good. but it's very difficult to do so. Because drinking follows drinking
Parkour_Jarrod
I drink to relax, it slows my mind down and i can think straight, it also makes my body warm, good for the winter im in now. I can sit around in ma undies if ive had a vodka or two.
Solon_Poledourus
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
I drink to relax, it slows my mind down and i can think straight, it also makes my body warm, good for the winter im in now. I can sit around in ma undies if ive had a vodka or two.
Not to be a stickler, but alcohol and liquor only makes you feel warmer. It actually lowers your body temperature. The warmth you feel is the heat escaping your body through your skin.
Parkour_Jarrod
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Not to be a stickler, but alcohol and liquor only makes you feel warmer. It actually lowers your body temperature. The warmth you feel is the heat escaping your body through your skin.

Well my body must be demented Surprised people around me say im burning up like i have a fever when i drink Razz
ortie10
I drink at least twice a week. Its one thing that Im trying to do less of, but its difficult for me because beer is so good.
donofindia
I like to drink, but not too much... I enjoy having a beer with friends for once a month not more than that.
Insanity
I treat drinking as another way to experience food. True, if you're getting drunk and end up vomiting in a toilet, it's not going to be great for your body. However, if you drink a little of every alcohol, you can experience some wonderful new tastes. There are so many types of alcohol from hard liquor to beer to wine, and I think by not drinking you deprive yourself of things you might enjoy.

Like everything else, alcohol is fine in moderation. If you eat too much candy or drink too much soda you're going to have an adverse effect on your health, but if you do it in a reasonable quantity you should be fine. In regards to alcohol, as long as you know your limit you should be fine. Plus, there are some health benefits to alcohol (anti-oxidants?) so it's not entirely bad.
Solon_Poledourus
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Well my body must be demented Surprised: people around me say im burning up like i have a fever when i drink Razz:
If your cheeks and chest are turning a bit red as well, then it may be a slight allergic reaction. This is a somewhat common thing though, so don't worry.
rvec
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Well my body must be demented Surprised: people around me say im burning up like i have a fever when i drink Razz:
If your cheeks and chest are turning a bit red as well, then it may be a slight allergic reaction. This is a somewhat common thing though, so don't worry.
lol
When you're cold your bloodvessels become smaller and blood doesn't make it to your fingers, ears, cheeks and on most other parts the blood doesn't make it to the skin. This makes you feel colder and look a bit pale but keeps the warmth inside.

If you drink alcohol your body thinks it's warm and the blood vessels widen. Then your cheeks will become a bit red and you'll feel much warmer but loose warmth much faster.