FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How I Met Your Mother

guissmo
Hey, just wondering if anyone here watches How I Met Your Mother?
It just had its season finale this week and of course the mother isn't revealed yet.
Any guesses on who it might be?

For everyone else who doesn't know what it's about, it's a show set in 2030 with a father telling his children the (long and elaborate) story of how he met their mother during sometime about these years. A huge chunk of the series (if not all of it) is set right now, so it's just one big flashback with the dad as the narrator.
blk3
I've watched it since the very beginning. I liked the idea where every time they introduced a female love interest for Ted, and the possible that she'd be the mother. The first few episodes seems to be more of a love story than a comedy. But the comedy bit gets more interesting as episodes go by and you learn more about the characters. I would love to stick till the end of this series and finally found out who the mother is.
Moshkin_Khan
How I Met Your Mother is awesome, Barney is like the funniest guy ever. I love the romantic bits with Ted cuz im a suckah for romance. =[
Magicman
This show is pretty good. Its not the funniest show on the air but it is still good. I watch it along with the surrounding shows with my friends every Monday.
guissmo
Anyone have the slightest guess on who the mother would be? My cousin and I have been debating about it all summer. Haha.
Denvis
I love how i met your mother! Barny is the funniest ever... I think the mother is Robin.
love_her_freida_pinto
i used to watch this show all the time but i stopped (i forgot why). I miss this show a lot, maybe i should start watching again. In my opinion, i think Robin is the mother because Ted's daughter sort of looks like her. If you really like Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) then I really recommend you watch Harold and Kumar 1 and 2. Although there is a lot of swearing and nudity...
blk3
Denvis wrote:
I love how i met your mother! Barny is the funniest ever... I think the mother is Robin.

I don't think its Robin, because I think Ted have mentioned to the kids, 'and that's how i met your aunt robin' so if robin is the kids aunt robin , I don't think she is the mother. anyway I think the mother will be revealed probably on the last season.
TVme
I love this show also, so do a lot of people. There are many fan-sites that discuss the show in depth. And yes - it has been established that Robin is not the mother. Some rabid fans who hang on every word of the show theorize that the name of the mother has been mention as "Tracey". It is said that if you watch the episode "Belly Full of Turkey" from season one that Future Ted says as much. I found a fan generated FAQ on IMDB, with lots of interesting stuff - find it here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460649/faq#.2.1.1

-TVme
Radar
I've heard good things about it, but maybe not from the kinds of people whose judgement I trust? I don't know.

Strangely, I think the fact that Alyson Hannigan is in it is about the only other way I've heard of the show.
juezy
Is this show good? I hear lots of people talking about it in public but i dont really find it THAT amusing when i saw parts of an episode.
TVme
juezy wrote:
Is this show good? I hear lots of people talking about it in public but i dont really find it THAT amusing when i saw parts of an episode.

It is a very good show. Having said that - It's an even greater show when you have watched it a lot and understand better the backgrounds of the characters. An example might be that if Ted or Barney tell Marshall a secret - you know that he can't keep it from Lily. Here is a link to some clips from the show on Hulu : http://www.hulu.com/how-i-met-your-mother.
ovg8
juezy wrote:

Of course most of the show has running gags from previous episodes so if you only watch parts you won't find it that funny.
bloodrider
Seen averything till now Razz i love it
eday2010
This is a great show. Most episodes are fantastic. Even their so-so episodes are very funny. It's definitely one of my favourite sitcoms on TV right now.
camperkid
Yup better than most, and actually manages to stay fresh to a much greater extent than allot of shows!
guissmo
Actually, I kinda lost interest during Season 5. Less episodes on the identity of the mother and more random episodes. It's starting to get dragging. Maybe Season 6 will have an improvement?
ashwanibarola
this is such a pretty good tv show and i like all the characters of this show.all the characters of this show are awesome.