FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Homosexuality - Yes or no?

MDeZign
Yeah, what do you think about homosexuality? Are you against it, and if you are - why?

Are you gay? And how do you handle it? Does your family or friends accept it?

Tell me, what do you think about this Topic!

By the way: I am 17 y.o., male and gay. I am from Germany. My parents know it, but I think they won't really accept it. My brother doesn't have anything against it, and my friends accept me and my sexual preferences.
Xanatos
I don't care either way. People can love and be intimate with whoever they want. It doesn't bother me at all.
Solon_Poledourus
This is a very divisive topic in America(as well as some other countries, I'm sure). Unlike some other places, homosexuality is not illegal in America. Unfortunately, there are groups(some very big and powerful groups too) within my country who believe that being gay is not only wrong, but "evil". Yes, EVIL. As in "worthy of eternal damnation". It's almost unimaginable...

Of course, America doesn't treat homosexuality as bad as some other places, in a legal sense. For instance, in some parts of Africa and most of the Middle East, being gay is punishable by death, whereas other countries punish gays with life in prison. By comparison, the open bigotry of American politics seems almost welcomed.

It is tragic that one person or group proclaims dominion over people, to such an extent that they can dictate the manner in which people can be loved. And the worst part is, the justification used in depriving people of their rights to love and be loved, is quite often a supposedly loving god. In the very least, this is hypocritical, and at most, it's downright evil.

My opinion on the matter is this: I do not care who people fall in love with, or who they choose to have sex with. With all the hatred and intolerance running so rampant in the world, love seems to be on short order. When you find it, whether it's with someone of the same or opposite gender, take it. Hold onto it, clutch it tightly and never let it go. Love cannot be dictated or regulated by anyone, and those who try, do not know what love is.
asand90
I am a christian, and many people believe you can't be a christian if you suppost homosexuality, but I believe that anyone should have the right to love and be with whomever they please, I have many homosexual friends and family members and I understand that people just like what they like, they cant help it. I dont think they should be judged so harshly for a decision that they decide to live with in "THIER LIVES" who are we to deny them happiness, should they just give in to the hype of "It's not Natural" and live a misserable life because they arent allowed to be with the gender of their choice. I say let them be with who they want to be
Klaw 2
I think homosexuality is ok. and there are no araguments why you shouldn't let them do what they wan't.

Solon_Poledourus
True that the politicians aren't bad compared to what happens in some other countries, but i still think what they say is not ok.
Besides if I was gay I woudn't want to live in the bible belt in the U.S.A. anti-gay politicians who are anti-gay is bad but when a whole town turns against you for being different that's a different thing. And allowed to being gay is one thing but allowed to mary is something else. In most states they aren't allowed to mary or to adopt children. There still a lot to be done there.
natilovesmike
I don't think it matters if you are gay or not. People is free to love whatever they want. But as a mom (of a two and a half year old boy) I always wonder how I would react if he decides be gay or to do some other "unorthodox" thing. And I don't know the answer, but I know I will love him always no matter what he chooses and I will always support him too, as long as whatever he wants is ethical. But I know it might hurt me a little bit, maybe because when you reach this age (you become a parent) you start thinking about the future and wondering if you will have grand kids, and how nice all that would be, but if your child decides to do something different (from what you had planned) you can't help to be a little disappointed, not in your child, but on how things turn out. But that doesn't mean you won't love and support and be happy with your kid.

I am a pretty open minded person, and I know a lot of close minded people and I can see how hard it is for them to try to put themselves in the place of others. So, I know this might be hard for you, not because you are close minded, but because you are "the victim" in the situation. But try to put yourself in the place of your parents, truly, try to picture how they feel, what their hopes were and how not having those plans come true might affect them. Then you will be able to relate to them better and understand why they can't accept you completely. It might make you feel better to know that it is not something against you, but maybe they are wondering what they did wrong (not that they did anything wrong, but you can't help but wonder when things don't turn out your way). And maybe you can even think of ways to become close to them again. I know they would want that, even if they don't show it. It is probably because they don't know how to react or what to say. All their lives they probably thought of what would they say to their son when he was heart broken because a girl dumped him, but now that will never happen, instead it will be a boy dumping you and they don't know what to say or how to handle it. So, maybe you can help them in that process. Its a learning process and takes times.

Don't feel you are different in a bad way. Everyone is different from everyone, it makes us unique and that is something good. If you feel different in a bad way that is what you will show to others and that is how they will feel about you.
apple
I have absolutely no problem with sexuality. If thats your choice then good for you. I say to each his own Wink
patyffm
Recently I moved to Russia (not Moscow) cause Im on an internship right now. Im from Germany. People here in Russia really believe in the masculin way of a man. A man has to demonstrate his power and straightness. Here Im sure, its going to take at least 2 more generations until men will think about the possibilities that there might be men loving each other. At the moment this topic just does not exist.
paytime
thought that people are getting more and more cool about the whole topic, but it looks like homophobia gets socially acceptable again Sad
tingkagol
I personally think you can never get rid of homophobia unless everyone welcomes the idea of themselves hooking up with someone of the same sex.
Dean_The_Great
I am absolutely cool with homosexuality. I'm full on straight, and have absolutely no interest in hooking up with guys, but I have many gay friends and they are great people. I don't care who they take to their bed at night, as it's none of my business. How can anyone hate someone because of which gender they choose to sleep with?
paytime
youre absolutely right. Its a pitty we dont get some people who disagree with our opinion to discuss this topic (for example) here online. They would not even start reading about it, which makes enlightenment very difficult
gtoroap
It doesnt matter to me. Gay or not gay, all people is equal to me and has all rights, like a straight person. I think society is so hypocrit with this form of discrimination.
samjog
i dont think this is good. but this doesnt mean i dont respect. I am learning to accept every human as he or she is. Would be good if hatred disappears from this world...
lagoon
It can't really be as black and white as 'yes or no'. The Catholic Church, for example, accepts homosexuality, yet condemns homosexual acts.

You can think it is bad yet still respect someone right to homosexual relationships.
andysart380
my sister is a lesbian so i have been through all of this...it wasnt so accepted at first, but eventually you learn to accept it. I didnt understand it at first but if you think everyone is a person you can love anyone... i dont like the idea of being gay or having a gay guy around me but you need to remind yourself sometimes that they are the same person if you didnt know they were gay so whats the difference...you are who you are if your happy your family should be happy for you.
paytime02
Im gay, 28 year old. My brother has 2 daughters the oldest one is 7 now. On a family meeting she saw me and my bf kissing each other and walked back to her mother and said "did you just see this, they were kissing each other". Then my sister in law said "yes, you dont get to see this very often, but this is a just a normal thing as they like each other just like I like your dad".

I think, that all of the parents out there should speak about "new" things in life to their kids. Talk about love and for example about money. Most of the time the topic love is something to keep in the closet (for straight as like for gays). Im in Russia at the moment. You dont get to see a straight couple kissing in public at all. Why are we so shy about this topic.
sondosia
I'm straight, but I think it's COMPLETELY ridiculous to be "against" homosexuality. That'd be like being against blonde hair or brown eyes or being tall. When are people going to understand that gay people can't necessarily choose what they are, and even if they could, might not choose to be straight?
EximiusNero
I think homosexuality is fine, there's nothing really wrong with it. Sure it's different, but you're not really hurting anyone by being gay/bi/lesbian. I have a few friends that are homosexuals and they're pretty cool people.
Lucy
20 years ago homosexuality was shut down by society in the worst possible manor. But now people are more accepting of it. I currently think its yourown decision. But thats just me. Wink
TurtleShell
I'm gay I guess. I suppose being in a long term relationship with a same sex partner would probably make me gay by most people's definition, and I'm ok with that. Really, I have an issue with labels. I don't feel like they define me very well. So when people ask me if I'm gay I kind of cringe. It feels dishonest because it's so simplistic.
Solon_Poledourus
TurtleShell wrote:
I'm gay I guess. I suppose being in a long term relationship with a same sex partner would probably make me gay by most people's definition, and I'm ok with that. Really, I have an issue with labels. I don't feel like they define me very well. So when people ask me if I'm gay I kind of cringe. It feels dishonest because it's so simplistic.
I understand you, but at the same time, we have labels for all types of people. We could potentially argue whether or not someone is born to be an artist, or if it's something they decided to do(same as the mainstream does with homosexuality). The fact remains, we still call them artists, not to pigeonhole them or be simplistic, just to be descriptive about who they are. You shouldn't feel dishonest about saying you are gay, because it's only one aspect of a multi-faceted human being. It's only simplistic if that's all that is shown, which I think is not the case, as you seem to be a very well developed human being with much more to offer than one tiny aspect that happens to fit into a social label.
RomainTR
is a way to be attracted by a personn in general and not by a sex ? Or are we just primitivly bestial ... and I m defintly not against the last one but it is just a thought ...

Are you attracted just by the sex of the person or by the person in itself ... I would like to consider people just for the person that they are. Being attracted by this by this relation of seduction and not because they are identify by their genital organs.

Why not being simply attracted by the person and after making or improvising your own sexuality whatever how you should call that ... because all of us have the organ of the pleasure ... it is just a game to play between two or more people who choose to play the game.
Solon_Poledourus
RomainTR wrote:
because all of us have the organ of the pleasure ... it is just a game to play between two or more people who choose to play the game.
I like the way you think. 'Two or more people'... So, I am having a big party soon...
Denvis
I have nothing against it although I do have to admit there are times where homosexuals need to dim it down. Was walking down the street about 11pm saw 2 guys getting ... Yeah, wasn't plesant sight.
Solon_Poledourus
Denvis wrote:
I have nothing against it although I do have to admit there are times where homosexuals need to dim it down. Was walking down the street about 11pm saw 2 guys getting ... Yeah, wasn't plesant sight.
Would your rocks have gotten off had they been of opposite sex? I actually find humans mating in public to be quite vulgar and disgusting. Solon no likey likey. Solon likey drown PDA offenders in piss. LIkey likey much.
Denvis
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Denvis wrote:
Would your rocks have gotten off had they been of opposite sex? I actually find humans mating in public to be quite vulgar and disgusting. Solon no likey likey. Solon likey drown PDA offenders in piss. LIkey likey much.

Hmm that's a good question...I don't know, i normally ignore them but I mean no I don't mind either. Same sex = don't mind just not in public Opposite = Don't mind
medesignz
Its not for me, but I have no problems with homosexual peoples!
Jamestf347
I wouldn't want to be homosexual, but there's no problems at all with it in my opinion. The way someone lives their lives, shouldn't matter to anyone else. Whatever makes them happy, that's all a human needs Smile.
bestmobilestuff
none
BigGeek
Here's a story from my life. I'm 50 years old, and seen and learned a few things over my ltime here.

A few years back I worked with a 24 year old young man, Jerry, who was gay. My team lead, and myself were completely uncocncerend with his sexual preferance. However on the 8 person teams there were those that did not share the same attitude.

Jerry is a small man, about 5'5" tall slender build, a bit feminine I dare say. Myself I have a personality of a drill instructor and I'm about 6'1" tall and weigh 210lbs. I'm not huge, but I'm not small either. I trained Jerry on our network like I trained everyone else, and true to my character I pushed him to learn. He thrived, and quickly surpassed many of the team memebers that had been there longer than he. I was proud of him, and happy to have him on my team.

One week he and I found ourselves off shift and at a training function together. We broke for lunch and went to a local restruant, while waiting on our food we got to talking, and he told me that at first when I was training him he thought I was an ******, and hard on him for being openly gay. He explained that as time went on, he saw that I wasn't hard on him, but that I was equally hard on everyone else, in my efforts to train them in a high stress environment. He asked me point blank "do you care if I'm gay?" I chuckled at him and told him I could care less who he loved or what he liked, as long as when he came to work he came ready to give 100% and do his job, which he always was!

He then asked me what I thought of the crap that gets said about how homosexuality was a choice. I told him that I never had really considered it, but it seemed strange to me, that some one could choose who they were attracted to. He told me he thought it was buillshit to say that. As the waitress brought our food, once she had left, he asked me how I felt about the waitress, she was well endowed, with blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, and a striking figure. I told him that I thought she was hot, and that I found her very sexually attractive. He asked me, "If I told you not to feel sexually attracted to her could you do that?", I laughed and said hell no. He then pointed to a young man about his age, slender build, dark long hair, and said that he found him attractive, and he pointed out that it was just as natural for him to feel that attraction, as I felt for the waitress.

I just looked at him and exclaimed "WOW", that sure turns on quite a few light bulbs for me!

Point being is how can you fault someone for how they feel? AND, if that is how they feel, how can you tell them it is wrong, or to change it?

After that lunch I sure had a lot more appreciation for Jerry and the understanding of homosexuality that he gave me!
realkiller
i live next door to a gay guy hes funny as hell but been a guy myself i dont like it he scares the hell out of me Very Happy i think gays shouldnt show there gay ie.. wearing handbags and makeup and some gays walk like they just had a ... never mind up there rear end lol the walk thing is sooo anoying and the worst of all the gay next door wears girls underwear and hangs them out to dry in the front garden lol HELP ME!! xD
Ammonsa
That's a stereotype, most gay people don't act like that.

Now, I'm gay so I'm obviously not against it. I've asked some people I know why they think being gay is wrong, they all said "It's unnatural, but lesbians are fine because they're hot."

I find this horribly unfair. Firstly, it isn't about whether they're hot or not and secondly other men are attractive to gay people. Just because they aren't doesn't mean someone isn't.
sourojit
its really a shit for me,but those who like its their choice..We cant say it is wrong for those who like it...Every one has their choice of taste...
Da Rossa
Well, who am I to tell its good or bad? I may have my opinions about the sexual options but they are not very relevant. But, I'll say some things.

Being gay is no problem at all. Even from the point of view of my religion its ok; you can even go in front of the Church to say the verb. God loves the gays too, dispite something like 90% of the Christianity-haters say otherwise. This appears to be off-topic, but the gay issue is what, according to some thinkers, what brings together the religion, politics, philosophy and public opinion to the same discussion, believe it or not.

What is BAD: people, not necessarily gay, grabbing their flag to fight for bogus political causes, even practising judicial activism. I'm talking about those that, for the single fact of being gay, they want extra rights, and launch themselves to a more priviledged position compared to the non-gay. This is ridiculous, and its happening here in Brazil. A great injury against the principle of equality. According to the text, if I change direction when walking because there is a gay couple kissing in the middle of the street, if they see, they could claim to have got offended and seek a lawsuit.
joe_042293
I don't have a religion, so I'm free to believe whatever I want on objective moral grounds.

In light of this, I don't see homosexuality as a problem, illness, or disease; I don't see it as evil, or wrong, or sinful. There is no reason to do so - as far as I can see - when you take religion out of the equation.
Da Rossa
Yes, that's right, untill you realise that there is an "unlucky coincidence": gays are more promiscuous. That wouldn't be a problem if the gays only interacted between themselves, but many of them are actually maried bissexuals, who, in an unhappy moment in their marriage, try out a "new adventure". But very rarely the adventures are strong enough to put and end to the marriage, and it's very likely that the couple will reunite together. With news! Now, the husband has a "little reunion gift" for his wife. Got from the adventure!!
Convince me this isn't true and I shut up. If you wanna see yourself, join a hotclub, such as www.bareback.com !
jessicafuellgraf
that make me sad when the people can not understand
zbale
It is a strange world in which many people are prepared to force couples who do not love each other to get married, and to deny certain loving couples the right to have a relationship. If we were told of such a world in a galaxy far, far away, we probably would not believe it.
mikakiev
Probably...NO
EximiusNero
In addition to my post on page one I also thought about this when I saw an episode of South Park.
If you are looking at homosexuality being a bad thing from a religion point of view, think about this: where in the bible does it say homosexuality is wrong? Also, maybe God was okay with gays and that's why he created them.
scallywag
sondosia wrote:
I'm straight, but I think it's COMPLETELY ridiculous to be "against" homosexuality. That'd be like being against blonde hair or brown eyes or being tall. When are people going to understand that gay people can't necessarily choose what they are, and even if they could, might not choose to be straight?

Amen to that.

I'm bisexual, usually falling for guys, but about 6 months ago I married my lady-lover. I am so proud and happy to live in Canada, where we have the ability to marry whoever we want, because I know there are so many places in the world where that isn't an option - where even being openly gay isn't an option.

I really wish people would just stop interloping in other people's lives. The world would be much happier if everyone was free to make the choices that they wanted to.
mikakiev
EximiusNero wrote:
In addition to my post on page one I also thought about this when I saw an episode of South Park.
If you are looking at homosexuality being a bad thing from a religion point of view, think about this: where in the bible does it say homosexuality is wrong? Also, maybe God was okay with gays and that's why he created them.

South Park ruleZZZ.Smile)
zbale
Yep, also check Frank Oz's 1997 In and Out (with Kevin Kline), a very good (and funny) film. I do not know what gay people think of it (some may find it a bit stereotypical), but it sure goes a long way to expose the prejudices that homophobes cling to.
Vardin
EximiusNero wrote:

If you are looking at homosexuality being a bad thing from a religion point of view, think about this: where in the bible does it say homosexuality is wrong?

Here are just a few passages my friend.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Romans 1:26-27
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

First Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

There are more but I will not go on. God says VERY CLEARLY what he thinks on the matter.

With that said I will not treat a gay person badly because they are gay...its not my job or power to judge another that is Gods. Just like its not my job to convert people to Christianity that is Gods area not mine.
I will treat them with respect but if they ask me I will tell them EXACTLY what I think about homosexuality and gay marriage.

Forgive me if this offends anyone but this is what I believe and I know its true.
blackheart
Denvis wrote:

I won't criticise you for finding the sight of a same sex couple being affectionate in public uncomfortable viewing. How we feel and react are involuntary, and even myself I find I'm prejudiced against certain people/things for no logical reason. However, I would challenge the idea that homosexual couples need to tone it down - more so than heterosexual couples? Why?

If I am say prejudiced against a certain race, should I expect members of that race to remain indoors moreso than other races? Because I find their presence uncomfortable?

Or are you against PDA overall, and inferring homosexual couples are less discrete? In which case is it possible you just notice it more, as you consider it an unusual event?

Personally, I'm bisexual, in that either sex shizzles my kebang pretty equally. I don't have any objections to homosexuality, and as others have stated it's only one feature of a multi-faceted human being.

I don't believe that sexuality is a choice, in that I consider attraction an involuntary experience. However I will say that I consciously focus on meeting males as potential for a relationship, as ultimately I want children. So no issue is so simplistic as to say there is NO choice involved, even if the foundations are pre programmed... if that makes sense?

If you're reading this and haven't read BigGeek's anecdote above, please do. It's the same sort of story which switched on lightbulbs for a few of my friends.