FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New GD album

gverutes
Has anyone heard in its entirety the new Green Day album?

I am not a huge fan of it -- I think it is kinda cheesy.
ddukki
I actually like the new Green Day album. Call me heretic, but it's a lot like their old albums, like Dookie. It's definitely more poppy than Nimrod and the like, but it's 2009 versus the mid-90's. They're moving with the times, which ain't a bad idea for a pop-rock band. It's definitely better than their last attempt, anyone'll tell you.
gverutes
As all Green Day albums do, this one is slowly growing on me. Maybe it's just me - but i traditionally like their less popular albums more -- ie 39 Smooth, Warning, and Insomniac.

I'll give it more of a chance -- still I think American Idiot is a better overall album.
Nutteloos
I'll have to give this one a listen - it's so easy to get out of touch with a band over time. American Idiot was a decent album, although it was kind of different from most of their older work.
kinggward
A discuss written with brilliance that is special and simple leaves some of the more pop/rock melodies in the dirt and stresses towards strong mountain.
gverutes
I saw Bullet in a Bible - their live video after American Idiot. It's much better than I thought!
Blummer
Yeah this video and the album are really nice, I think it's the only album of GD I really enjoyed though I've heard them back in 90s and love some separate songs.
tatamall
I come from China,so maybe i have no knowledge about the album.so does anyone can give me the album's link.Thanks a lot.
The_unnamed_label
tatamall wrote:
I come from China,so maybe i have no knowledge about the album.so does anyone can give me the album's link.Thanks a lot.

this is from the last album..

Ive seen then live a million time and they are brilliant! looking fwd to the next tour!

and they are in studios as we speak... so shouldn't take to long!